ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not saying it means anything as I'm sure there are many factors but when messing with Google Earth yesterday I did notice that half mile from the campground going toward Leadore is 100+ft lower elevation.

Given that Leadore is at ~6000ft and the campground is at ~7500ft I'm sure being at higher elevation doesn't automatically mean better signal. Just that in such an emergency I would assume getting to higher ground would.

Marking my spot.

For most parents...if there was a terrible accident and their little one was deceased--you'd have to possibly take the baby's body from their arms to be put in the coroner's van or whatever. Because the parents would be holding onto their child for as long as possible, even if it was clear it was too late.
And responsible parents wouldn't object to an autopsy--especially if the cause of death was unclear --- like a brain aneurysm. They'd want to know what happened to their child.

Most loving parents would not bury or dispose of their child right away; in order to avoid "questions", fgs !!!
MOO

I was just reading the end of the last thread. I didn't realize I must be in the minority for knowing my (almost) 2.5 year old's height. We have a growth chart in the hallway and every now and then we mark his height. I like to keep an eye on it to help know when he may get too tall for his current car seat.

I believe most pediatricians like to see children at 2.5 years) old. But maybe they hadn't taken him to that appointment yet since he was just barely 30 months when he 'disappeared.' Typically the yearly appointments start at age 3.

I do find it odd to round his age up to 3. Not that it necessarily means anything but it's probably not the norm.

The strangest thing for me about that first interview with Nate ... is how they kept IR so completely out of their narrative. Why?

And why not make it clear they arrived Thursday. Why?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree that the driving for signal itself doesn't strike me as off. Perfectly innocent scenario- mom remains at campground in case Deorr manages to show back up, dad drives to get service. Even though there potential to get through was at the campground I would feel better knowing my spouse was already on their way to better service if I got cut off.

I apologize for interrupting the thread and being so behind.

I thought mom left with Dad ? That she called from the truck. Link please that mother was at the campground when her call with made . TIA

We have moms phone call to 911 but do we have dads call to 911?

I have a question...If DeOrr did in fact pass away and a person "handled" him to bury him or whatever, wouldn't a cadaver dog "alert" on the person? ....I suppose the person could have showered afterwards cleaning off any scent. I don't know how this works. One-Best could probably answer this accurately.

And another thought: Say DeOrr passed away.....They could have gotten another person involved in a hand off/removal...and really not know "Where" he is (but would still be involved in his disappearance.)

I agree that the driving for signal itself doesn't strike me as off. Perfectly innocent scenario- mom remains at campground in case Deorr manages to show back up, dad drives to get service. Even though there potential to get through was at the campground I would feel better knowing my spouse was already on their way to better service if I got cut off.

Me too. I don't think it's weird one of them would stay and keep trying while the other one went to get a signal. I'm not saying I believe that's exactly the way it happened, but the way they describe it happening isn't suspicious on its own.

I thought mom left with Dad ? That she called from the truck. Link please that mother was at the campground when her call with made . TIA

It's been discussed in various places. During the first interview with Nate Eaton/East Idaho News the parents say how DKsr drove down 1/2 mile to get service.
On the released 911 call from JM you can hear the operator stop talking to JM to answer DKsr call, and explain to him that JM was on the other line.
There is a media thread that has links for both of these.
ETA- we don't have the DKsr 911 call. The most recent interview between Tricia & Sheriff Browerman discusses all 3 911 calls and that they will not be released further.

Not saying it means anything as I'm sure there are many factors but when messing with Google Earth yesterday I did notice that half mile from the campground going toward Leadore is 100+ft lower elevation.

Given that Leadore is at ~6000ft and the campground is at ~7500ft I'm sure being at higher elevation doesn't automatically mean better signal. Just that in such an emergency I would assume getting to higher ground would.

That has bugged me since his "hauling down the road" first interview. Did he haul up the road?? Remember he said he discovered the road up to the reservoir was there and you could see right down into their camp.

Wonder when he discovered that and was he maybe worried someone from top might have seen what really happened to the baby at camp?

Also, I still feel like they were at the reservoir sometime by the dogs tracking there, just not sure when. The more I think, the more confused I get

<modsnip> ... coverup could be about GGP not losing his independence if his actions weren't criminal. Just one of many things I've wondered.

The very first interview with the parents outlines how the phone calls were made -- mom at the campsite (VDK states he was "blessed" that JM was able to get through), dad in the truck after "hauling" up the road.

We do not have dad's 911 call.

<modsnip> ... coverup could be about GGP not losing his independence if his actions weren't criminal. Just one of many things I've wondered.

Hmmm... he's an old man and he didn't mean it, we don't want him to go to jail or end up in a home, it was an accident, he's done so much for you, punishing him isn't going to bring DeOrr back. Maybe.

But he took a lie detector test. I'm not sure he'd do that if he were responsible.

Hmmm... he's an old man and he didn't mean it, we don't want him to go to jail or end up in a home, it was an accident, he's done so much for you, punishing him isn't going to bring DeOrr back. Maybe.

But he took a lie detector test. I'm not sure he'd do that if he were responsible.

But perhaps if he doesn't know or has been convinced he isn't responsible. Other family reached the campsite before LE.

Does anyone know the current nature of Deorr Sr and Jessica's current relationship? Some people have said on here they were married, but I remember reading in an article that they were engaged.

No, when (presumably) made a new FB page, there were ZERO pictures of her and Deorr Sr. and he wasn't even on her friend list! However, not long after that, someone stated he was added to her friends list.

If they've broken up, it seems like this case will go quicker. Because one will eventually (likely) turn on the other. To get a plea bargain maybe. If they're not together and not discussing the case together, I think the likelihood of one of them breaking down is possible.

JM hasn't hired an attorney AFAIK. I wonder why? It can't be that she doesn't want to look guilty, because NOW she has been named as a suspect, and polygraph results and inconsistencies have come to light. It's odd to me that she would leave herself defenseless right now.

But perhaps if he doesn't know or has been convinced he isn't responsible. Other family reached the campsite before LE.

Is it a fact they got there before LE? I find it hard to believe they got there in under 90 minutes. Unless they were already on the way to join them?

Where we live, we can drive one mile down into the valley for cell coverage or drive for about 10 minutes to higher ground in the opposite direction to get coverage. Everything between our house and those points are dead zones. All the various mountains around us are what create those dead zones. There are so many spots where it seems like we "should" get coverage, but we don't.

We haven't been told whether they ever went up to the reservoir before they called 911. Personally, I can't imagine they hadn't explored that before their trip into town. It would have been one of the first things we would have done if we were up there for a vacation, and early morning is perfect for that kind of exploring. Anyway, it's possible they did go up there and noticed they didn't get service (disclaimer: I have no idea if they get service at the reservoir or not, my point is simply that it's possible they didn't get service and they knew it).

A few posts have been unapproved. We don't always have time to do the courtesy of editing individual posts. Unfortunately when one person makes a post with off-limit references, responses to it get deleted as well.

Please read my reminder in the previous thread.

Please post accordingly.

ETA: You caught me on a good day ;) ... a few post have been edited and reapproved.

Yes! I get the feeling that whenever people have pointed out that their story makes no sense, they have changed it. JMO but I think they were following people's comments about the case on SM closely, so they could see how their stories were being taken. And then they changed their story to try and take the criticisms into account.

For example, people said they were irresponsible for leaving DeOrr with ggp, so then Jessica made of big point with Vilt of saying that she kept looking back... Looking back... Trying to make out that she was still watching DeOrr closely even after she left him with GGP. JMO.

And both of their stories cannot be true. GGP apparently told his story which was that the boy walked over the embankment and was very close to his parents so he assumed they had found each other. If that was true, and Mom was really looking back and watching for her boy, then what happened to him? She would have seen him if he had come down the hill towards the creek.

Once over the bank JM may not have been able to see GGP, but if she could be seen we would assume she could see the campsite as she looked back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tankaroo