ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #19

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I apologize for interrupting the thread and being so behind.

I thought mom left with Dad ? That she called from the truck. Link please that mother was at the campground when her call with made . TIA

We have moms phone call to 911 but do we have dads call to 911?

If you listen to the first interview with the parents, they say Jessica stayed behind and was blessed to get signal.

And no, we don't have dad's call.

What could have been in dad's 911 call that made LE decide not to release it, I wonder? Has this already been covered?

And both of their stories cannot be true. GGP apparently told his story which was that the boy walked over the embankment and was very close to his parents so he assumed they had found each other. If that was true, and Mom was really looking back and watching for her boy, then what happened to him? She would have seen him if he had come down the hill towards the creek.

And what about the story that the last place he was seen was by the big rock at the picnic table? Who told that story? I know it was in a news article but I don't know if it was ever said where that came from.

Hmmm... he's an old man and he didn't mean it, we don't want him to go to jail or end up in a home, it was an accident, he's done so much for you, punishing him isn't going to bring DeOrr back. Maybe.

But he took a lie detector test. I'm not sure he'd do that if he were responsible.

JMO but I don't think they'd cover up for ggp. I think they'd throw him under the bus in a minute if they could.

Does anyone know the current nature of Deorr Sr and Jessica's current relationship? Some people have said on here they were married, but I remember reading in an article that they were engaged.

No, when (presumably) made a new FB page, there were ZERO pictures of her and Deorr Sr. and he wasn't even on her friend list! However, not long after that, someone stated he was added to her friends list.

If they've broken up, it seems like this case will go quicker. Because one will eventually (likely) turn on the other. To get a plea bargain maybe. If they're not together and not discussing the case together, I think the likelihood of one of them breaking down is possible.

JM hasn't hired an attorney AFAIK. I wonder why? It can't be that she doesn't want to look guilty, because NOW she has been named as a suspect, and polygraph results and inconsistencies have come to light. It's odd to me that she would leave herself defenseless right now.

She probably has no money for the retainer for a lawyer.

And what about the story that the last place he was seen was by the big rock at the picnic table? Who told that story? I know it was in a news article but I don't know if it was ever said where that came from.

I believe I first read about the rock in an article showing a photograph or photographs of the decorated pumpkins the family left up at the campsite around Halloween.

"D : 2.36 when she called and I was in the truck hauling down to the road trying to get service because I didn't think one bar would get it. So I, she got very very lucky. I was blessed that she was able to get service because I didn't think, i didn't want to try and risk getting half way through my talking to 911 and have it cut off. So I went down to where I knew I could get a little service, about a half mile down the road. Uh, we searched for - after about twenty minutes in a dead panic, not knowing where he was in such a small area, and not knowing, never being there, I knew I was in trouble. Um, so we decided to call search and rescue, uh, and that's when I drove down. She tried getting a signal out - um, as soon as I got a hold of the,, I kind of, they told me that she was on the other line with them and they had our location, and they were on our way. They, they were amazing..."

They werent both together the whole time. VDK "hauled up the road for better cell signals". What happened during that 1/2 mile trip? Why go 1/2 mile? Was there something magical about 1/2 mile?

I agree that the driving for signal itself doesn't strike me as off. Perfectly innocent scenario- mom remains at campground in case Deorr manages to show back up, dad drives to get service. Even though there potential to get through was at the campground I would feel better knowing my spouse was already on their way to better service if I got cut off.

Me too. I don't think it's weird one of them would stay and keep trying while the other one went to get a signal.

But if the father drove to a good signal area everybody thinks he is a guilty monster

ahhh the irony .

ahhh but what if he didn't drive to a good signal area?

JMO. but ever since I listened to her 911 call I have always suspected that he was not driving anywhere, but was still there.

For example, at one point around the 2:26 mark it seems to me that she gets distracted listening to his conversation instead of answering the questions the 911 operator is asking her, then the operator asks her if her husband is calling too and she comes back on a completely different tangent, like she didn't want the operator to know she had been listening to his end.

Listen again and this time picture him close by and see if it makes a difference in what you think:

http://www.eastidahonews.com/2015/0...-released-my-2-year-old-son-we-cant-find-him/

That call just seems hinky to me, but then again, my hinky meter has gotten more and more frazzled over the years here on WS and can't really be fully trusted anymore. :blushing:

I thought the rock was by the embankment?

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk

I believe I first read about the rock in an article showing a photograph or photographs of the decorated pumpkins the family left up at the campsite around Halloween.
Yes,that's where I heard it too but IIRC it didn't say where the info came from, just that the rock was the last place he was seen. I don't think it stated by whom.

It wasn't just the fact that Vernal went half a mile away to get signal before trying to call 911 that was suspicious... It was the way he went on and on about it in the interview. It was practically the first thing he said and it took him a while to get around to mentioning DeOrr, and then he brought it up again... Why did he feel the need to keep explaining that he had to drive away from the campsite to get signal? Why was that so important? Why mention it at all in the interview, why not talk about DeOrr instead?

What could have been in dad's 911 call that made LE decide not to release it, I wonder? Has this already been covered?

I imagine he rambled about hauling and being blessed & completely forgot to mention the missing baby. That might be a little bit of snark coming out, but based on his other public speaking I wouldn't think I am far off.

Yes,that's where I heard it too but IIRC it didn't say where the info came from, just that the rock was the last place he was seen. I don't think it stated by whom.

There were several last places he was seen, iirc.

1. The big rock
2. In the dirt playing with his toy truck/s
3. Heading towards the embankment
4. With ggpa by the fire

Did I miss any of them?

Maybe one of us needs to create a timeline that includes all the various versions of the story. Maybe then we could finally be able to sort the wheat/truth from the chaff/red herrings.

all moo and jmo

I imagine he rambled about hauling and being blessed & completely forgot to mention the missing baby. That might be a little bit of snark coming out, but based on his other public speaking I wouldn't think I am far off.

Yep, sounds about right! Or maybe he told the operator about the minnows...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ms.green