ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a link to a timeline? I want to know when/where the last independent sighting was before the possible sighting at the store.

e.g. Was the family seen on CCTV/by a person at a gas station on route to their destination?

I am behind... So I apologize if this has been addressed...

but this is the only timeline I have seen so far...

http://www.eastidahonews.com/2015/07/deorr-kunz-disappearance-a-timeline-of-events/

DEORR KUNZ - A TIMELINE OF EVENTS

(More at link above...)

Can everybody please sort these possible scenarios from Most Likely to Least Likely, according to what they believe?

I think:

1. Fell and drowned in the water (creek or reservoir)
2. Wandered off and got taken by a large animal (bear, lion, wolf)
3. Wandered off and succumbed to the elements
4. Wandered off and fell into a mineshaft or some kind of hole
5. Stranger abduction
6. any other scenario

So how would you sort them?

I'd sort them like you, but I'd also add in the mysterious friend with them. I'm just not sure where I'd put that scenario.

Ok 20 pages of catching up since yesterday and I have a few thoughts...

1. I know they have said the road was rough and I saw the video. I can tell you this. I grew up in an area VERY similar and I took a little 5-speed sedan up many a road I shouldn't have. It CAN be done. In fact, many of the roads I drove would be described as 4-wheel drive only. With a little know-how, you can do it in a car. It may not be good on the car and it takes A LOT longer. The whole time you watch carefully and pray you don't hit a rock with your oil pan.

You know, I didn't think of this. We used to live in a VERY remote area in Montana (we had no power or running water), and I'd blow down the mountain on the horribly bumpy and pot-holed road at 50 mph in my little 4-cylinder Tercel sedan all the time. The car was rattly and dusty after awhile but otherwise fine.

Is it possible that by stating someone had scattered remains it meant sometime in the past? It maybe was a local "favorite " area to scatter them? Not necessarily exactly during the time of Deorr's disappearance?

Just jumping off your post...

But this was the weekend of the Fourth of July...

Perhaps someone had cremains of a family member who had been in the military... So the Fourth of July was a special time for them?

Or....

???

Just a thought ...

BBM But we don't really know if he was with G-GP at the time DeOrr disappeared - do we?! I have only heard the comment that the child was left by the campfire with G-GP, I've never heard a specific reference to where G-GP's friend was at that time. What if the friend took off on a hike and DeOrr chased after him. That could take the trail an entirely different way for the searchers. Or have we been given that information about the friend and I missed it?

No, we really don't know. And that niggles at me a bit. Where would that person be that it would not be discussed as part of the important scenario.

For example 'mystery guest' was right down the bank at the creek fishing so we know the baby did not fall down right at that part of the creek.

OR

Mystery Guest was on a hike to the reservoir so we know that the baby didn't toddle up that hill or he would have been seen...

OR

Mystery Guest was sitting at the fire with GGP and suddenly the baby vanished....

I just don't understand why all of these family members WHO WERE NOT THERE are giving interviews and speaking for the two witnesses who last saw the baby. We dont even know where the baby was when he went missing.

Just jumping off your post...

But this was the weekend of the Fourth of July...

I'd forgotten it was a holiday weekend. I know nothing really can compare to losing a child, but for it to happen on a holiday makes it seem even worse. Every year from now on all of America will be celebrating except these two. I dunno, it just seems worse.

No, we really don't know. And that niggles at me a bit. Where would that person be that it would not be discussed as part of the important scenario.

For example 'mystery guest' was right down the bank at the creek fishing so we know the baby did not fall down right at that part of the creek.

OR

Mystery Guest was on a hike to the reservoir so we know that the baby didn't toddle up that hill or he would have been seen...

OR

Mystery Guest was sitting at the fire with GGP and suddenly the baby vanished....

I just don't understand why all of these family members WHO WERE NOT THERE are giving interviews and speaking for the two witnesses who last saw the baby. We dont even know where the baby was when he went missing.

AM I allowed to ask about the Mystery Guest, Mods? I am not accusing the family of anything. I just want some info from the mystery guest who was with GGP when the baby went missing. I hope it is not against TOS to ask about thaT?

I'd forgotten it was a holiday weekend. I know nothing really can compare to losing a child, but for it to happen on a holiday makes it seem even worse. Every year from now on all of America will be celebrating except these two. I dunno, it just seems worse.

It was not a holiday weekend. He went missing on the 10th.

This may end up being one of the biggest unsolved mysteries that current Websleuths members have ever seen.

This is not the first time something like this has happened out in the wilderness, and it probably won't be the last.

Normally, I would give a sideways glance and a snort when law enforcement proclaims they have done an intensive and exhaustive search....... but not in this case, I think they have inspected every square foot of ground within a 1/2 mile radius of the campground, and most of it 2 or 3 times over.

I have no doubt that the searchers involved in this are frustrated beyond words. It's frustrating to everybody, including cheerleaders on the side, such as every member of Websleuths.

There is a logical explanation for this disappearance. It may be one huge event, or it may be a series of smaller events stacked end to end, but there is an explanation for it.

I think LE is tapped out. I think the parents and granddad passed a polygraph with flying colors. Why do I think that ? ......because LE doesn't seem to have any direction left to go. They are giving statements along the lines of "We're gonna check into this, and we're gonna check into that, blah blah, blah............stuff that should have been verified 8 days ago, and probably was.

While they were out searching, they had detectives running background checks on the entire family and then some. It all led to nothing-ness. Anybody that doesn't think the cops were investigating foul play while this search was going on, underestimates how cynical the cops can be.

There's a chance we may never know what happened to him. I come across numerous threads here on Websleuths that go back 20 or 30 years since a person was reported missing, never to be found.

They just didn't happen to be in the middle of a campsite when they were last seen.

Huh? LE always gives vague statements... Saying they must be 'tapped out' based on what they've said is a bit of a stretch to me imo

http://www.ktvb.com/story/news/loca...riffs-office-calling-in-air-support/30466883/

Penner says the sheriff's office will keep searchers in the area for the foreseeable future and added the investigation is still in full force.

Detectives have re-interviewed everyone who was in the Stone Reservoir and Timber Creek areas the day DeOrr went missing. In addition to Twin Falls County, the Bonneville County Sheriff's Office has also been asked to help with the investigation.

bbm - I wonder if this only refers to the family members and the friend or whether they have identified other people that were in the area that day?

The more I think about this boy and the possibility he wandered away, I am not willing to take anything off the table meaning abduction, foul play prior or after their arrival, an accident covered up ....... But LE has made it clear they are "good" with the parents.... So what do we not yet know then? Different direction of investigation to me sounds they suspect abduction, yet they are scaling back the search..... I'm lost on this one

I agree...mostly. I don't think they suspect abduction based on recent LE statements. More specifically, they don't seem to suspect an outside, stranger abductor coming to the site and removing the child. I'm still a few pages away from being caught up but I saw a few earlier posts that suggested that the Sheriff ruled out foul play but I don't believe that is accurate. Has anyone actually seen a statement from LE stating that foul play was ruled out? The only statement I've seen (and I may have missed one) states that they don't suspect the parents "at this time." I don't think I'm violating any rules if I point out that LE stated they were "good" with the family. Not everyone at the campsite was "family."

ETA: Well, I skipped to the last page and see that I am not alone with these thoughts. No one has said, "We left him with GGPA and his friend." I feel like it would have been said at some point if both men were there at the time, which leads me to more questions if they weren't.

Most likely yes.

If anybody is grazing cattle or sheep on leased land, they would want to know about abandoned mineshafts so they could keep their animals away. You also want to stay away from active claims in case the owner(s) think you're a claim jumper. And there are people who collect photos of abandoned mines. Looking for crystals or other mineral specimens in the abandoned mine tailings is popular (my mother used to be into that).

So yeah, people might know.

All hypothetical.

and... imagine the SARS would have been using topographical maps to alert themselves to where the mines may be...

JMO...

It was not a holiday weekend. He went missing on the 10th.

Oops! I apologize... :blushing:

I was looking at my notes from another WS case of a missing angel whose disappearance date is July 2nd.....(Ember Graham)...

JMO...

Reminds me of Diane Prevost who went missing in 1966. She was camping with her family, including grandma and grandpa, in Grundy Provincial Park in Ontario. Despite searches, she was never found even though she was last seen a small distance from their campsite playing on the beach. Her father turned around and she was gone.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95818

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

I don't know but it's another oddity. He clarifies the parents took polys but that he knows not where or when.
Leads us to wonder if all on the trip were polyed. He also said (iirc) that he doesn't know the results.
<modsnip>
jmho

Where is everyone seeing that he doesn't know where or when the polygraphs were taken? Every article or post I have seen, it says he doesn't know when or if the results will be released to the public. Can someone please link where it states this??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just posted and it disappeared so sorry if this is double posted.

I am leaning towards a Mountain lion or wolves. I can't get past the pack of 15 wolves near by. Also I know that Idaho is in extreme drought right now so I wonder if that is the only watering hole for animals or if there is another watering hole nearby? If not I would suspect alot of animals coming down to the reservoir/creek for water. Also wondering if they cooked breakfast or lunch over that campfire? Could the smell have drawn in some predators?
Also one more thing, they said he had a hot wheels car in his pocket. Couldn't they use metal detectors? I wonder if metal detectors would even work over a small amount of water like the creek?
JMO

Where is everyone seeing that he doesn't know where or when the polygraphs were taken? Every article or post I have seen, it says he doesn't know when or if the results will be released to the public. Can someone please link where it states this??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think there is a link. I think people just read it incorrectly. He meant that he didn't know when it would be released to the public or if it would.

New details on search for DeOrr Kunz, Jr
Staff Writer
POSTED: 03:58 PM MDT Jul 21, 2015 UPDATED: 06:02 PM MDT Jul 21, 2015

[...]
The sheriff also stated that at this time he does not consider the parents to be suspects in the child's disappearance. He confirmed they did take a polygraph test but didn't know when or if the results of the test would be released to the public.
Sheriff: Parents of missing boy DeOrr Kunz not considered suspects
By KBOI web staff
Published: Jul 20, 2015 at 11:03 AM MDT

[...]
Sheriff Lynn D. Bowerman said in the statement that family members have cooperated and volunteered to take polygraphs for the investigation. Bowerman also hasn't ruled out a stranger abduction or possibly even that wild animals may played a role.

Anyone with information is asked to call 846-7676.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member