ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
[video=youtube;J9q3YbI3NA8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9q3YbI3NA8"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9q3YbI3NA8[/video]

I just watched this interview by Deorr's father. I noticed that he referred to Deorr and Jessica as "kids". I have noticed other family members also comment and refer to them as kids. Which seems odd to me since they are both actually adults with their own children. It made me wonder why most of the family seem to refer to the parents as kids. Anyone have any clue? Is that why they are more defensive of them if they subsconsciously see them as young and maybe more innocent. Just an observation. JMO

[video=youtube;J9q3YbI3NA8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9q3YbI3NA8"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9q3YbI3NA8[/video]

I just watched this interview by Deorr's father. I noticed that he referred to Deorr and Jessica as "kids". I have noticed other family members also comment and refer to them as kids. Which seems odd to me since they are both actually adults with their own children. It made me wonder why most of the family seem to refer to the parents as kids. Anyone have any clue? Is that why they are more defensive of them if they subsconsciously see them as young and maybe more innocent. Just an observation. JMO

It's common usage among grandparent-age people. I refer to my 32-year-old son and his wife as "the kids" because that's what they are relative to me. :p

I don't understand the logic of taking words without the greater context to prove something that completely conflicts with everything we know and have been told. It's very difficult to even know how to respond to that, except for to suggest taking a step back and looking at the big picture of what is transpiring, what the sheriff is suggesting by making the parents suspects, how three investigative entities are all on the same page. There will always be single sentences to pick apart and twist to meet our preferred reality. But it becomes difficult to entertain that when having the perspective of the bigger context of how the case has evolved. (IMO)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly. It's fine and dandy if somebody has the opinion that the parents are innocent, but the twisting of LE's words, taking them out of context, and nitpicking of details is getting really old. Seems like anything that reflects poorly on the parents gets disputed in that fashion.

I don't understand the logic of taking words without the greater context to prove something that completely conflicts with everything we know and have been told. It's very difficult to even know how to respond to that, except for to suggest taking a step back and looking at the big picture of what is transpiring, what the sheriff is suggesting by making the parents suspects, how three investigative entities are all on the same page. There will always be single sentences to pick apart and twist to meet our preferred reality. But it becomes difficult to entertain that when having the perspective of the bigger context of how the case has evolved. (IMO)

Indeed! Great post! [emoji4]

My boyfriends dad has called us "kids" for the past five years I've known him. He's also like 73 and old school. I always just figured it was something he just always says. I don't think it's really unusual.

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

You made me think of that part in My Cousin Vinny where Ralph Macchio asks, "I shot the clerk?" and the prosecutor asks for it to be entered into evidence that the defendant stated that he shot the clerk. Ha!

[video=youtube;J9q3YbI3NA8]

<video snipped for space>

I understand your point about VDK's father calling them "kids" but I know 80 year olds who call their 60 year old children (who are grandparents) "kids." For many people it's just an expression that doesn't imply that their "kids" are young (immature) or innocent. It just means they're your kids...and always will be, no matter how old they are.

While it could be deliberately trying to portray them as too young and innocent to commit a crime, personally I doubt it. That's more of a lawyer tactic IMO. :)

I take that to mean that they have evidence DeOrr is dead and the evidence is in line with foul play. And that it COULD BE evidence of foul play, in conjunction with the repeated lying by the parents, supported by the "not passed" polys, plus all the other evidence that they undoubtedly have but aren't going to tell everyone everything about, but at least is evidence that DeOrr is dead, nonetheless, accidental or intentional.

I'm a little confused by your implication that it means something else. What exactly is your take on it and the case in general?

Don't confuse my post with anything. I'm merely quoting Bowerman himself.

I think that just because of the 3 911 calls they went up there already with the hinky meter going, cause I know if I was the sheriff my meter would be off the charts, I really think that there is a reason why GGP and VDK 911 calls were not made public.

I do believe that they did do a very thorough search, I think that they probably had many avenues that they were working on from the very first 911 call

Exactly. It's fine and dandy if somebody has the opinion that the parents are innocent, but the twisting of LE's words, taking them out of context, and nitpicking of details is getting really old. Seems like anything that reflects poorly on the parents gets disputed in that fashion.

IMO, if someone believes the parents are innocent, I'd expect them to be nitpicky of LE's words, along with the details of this case.

But WHY did he think it would come back as inconclusive? Because the family preemptively (and it may be true) put it out there (and they have publicly) that he is teetering on the edge of senility?

Why in the world would you take a man who you think is edging into dementia on a camping trip? And leave your toddler in his care at times, for even 10 minutes?

I think the story about them leaving him with GGPA is all part of the great myth... moo

Post of the day!

I think the story about them leaving him with GGPA is all part of the great myth... moo

I hope so. Because that is an awful idea, if the man is as fragile as they say he is.

Okay, take this how you want to, because I'm not verified. I'd like to protect my own privacy.

I am close to a case here. It was an abduction and murder. Sadly, I was able to escape but the next victim was not. :( LE did not know where the victim's body was located, so the case took years to prosecute. HOWEVER, because of witnesses who saw the attempt with me, LE was able to find out who the suspect was relatively quickly. In public, they never let on that they knew who did this, and myself and others kept our mouths shut outside of LE and FBI offices. The case took years to prosecute because LE wanted her body.

I'm just giving this example, because in that situation, I feel like people said the same things... That LE didn't know what happened, etc. They did, but they wanted justice! They weren't going to lay their cards out for everyone so that monster could walk.

I hope so. Because that is an awful idea, if the man is as fragile as they say he is.

I don't think he has dementia! I do think he has health issues.
He drove out there and if I'm not mistaken he goes out there often.(I know I read that here somewhere)!
I can understand GGP and friend being out there fishing I cant for the life of me understand why Deorr and his parents were!
JMO

Was reading back on the interview with SB and Nate. It is well done interview.

I come away with a clear picture on some things.

SB agrees with the FBI that the parents have not been truthful on some things and they should be declared suspects.

"....I believe they are suspects. (The decision was reached) after an extensive week of interviewing, re-interviewing and an announcement from the FBI that they were being less than truthful on their polygraphs. Plus there are a lot of irregularities and discrepancies in their interviews (so) I felt it was necessary to come forward and say the parents are being less than truthful."

And here we see where the focus of the investigation now lies....

"Eaton: But the focus of the investigation is steering toward the parents?"
"Bowerman: I believe so."

It does get depressing some for me because I don't think they have what they need yet to solve this case. SB claims he really does not know what happened and it seems he is relying mostly on the work from other Bonneville investigators that are helping and the FBI. He has asked the public for help and that is good.

It seems more is still needed at this point. Perhaps some future testing results will help out or a new tip from the public that may come in but at least from that interview something more is still needed to solve the case.

http://www.eastidahonews.com/2016/01/sheriff-i-just-pray-little-deorr-will-be-found/

IMO, if someone believes the parents are innocent, I'd expect them to be nitpicky of LE's words, along with the details of this case.
I don't disagree, I should have said cherry picking of details and ignoring other, relevant details. That combined with the twisting of words, and taking things out of context is what's frustrating. At the end of the day LE almost always has more than they let on to the public and there are many things we are unaware of as to why the case's focus has shifted to the parents.

I don't think he has dementia! I do think he has health issues.
He drove out there and if I'm not mistaken he goes out there often.(I know I read that here somewhere)!
I can understand GGP and friend being out there fishing I cant for the life of me understand why Deorr and his parents were!
JMO

Because Jessica's mom allegedly asked her to go up and keep an eye on Grandpa until other family members joined them at the weekend.

I say "allegedly" because this came from TC's FB postings at the time. I believe these were allowed to be discussed by the mods.

I don't disagree, I should have said cherry picking of details and ignoring other, relevant details. That combined with the twisting of words, and taking things out of context is what's frustrating. At the end of the day LE almost always has more than they let on to the public and there are many things we are unaware of as to why the case's focus has shifted to the parents.

Totally agree. I think it's obvious that Bowerman knows more than he's letting on. BBM.

I get emails from all over the country. A lot of people, of course, they&#8217;re curious and there&#8217;s been so many rumors and innuendos and so forth. With social media it&#8217;s almost impossible to clear all those up without giving away some information that might harm the case, so we&#8217;re just being patient and we&#8217;re trying to get it right.

There's a lot of things I could speculate but I really don&#8217;t want to go there. I don&#8217;t want to have to apologize for making a statement that wasn&#8217;t true. I want to get it right.

http://www.eastidahonews.com/2016/01/sheriff-i-just-pray-little-deorr-will-be-found/

Okay, take this how you want to, because I'm not verified. I'd like to protect my own privacy.

I am close to a case here. It was an abduction and murder. Sadly, I was able to escape but the next victim was not. :( LE did not know where the victim's body was located, so the case took years to prosecute. HOWEVER, because of witnesses who saw the attempt with me, LE was able to find out who the suspect was relatively quickly. In public, they never let on that they knew who did this, and myself and others kept our mouths shut outside of LE and FBI offices. The case took years to prosecute because LE wanted her body.

I'm just giving this example, because in that situation, I feel like people said the same things... That LE didn't know what happened, etc. They did, but they wanted justice! They weren't going to lay their cards out for everyone so that monster could walk.

OMG how horrific and thankfully you got away!!! I hope after such a long ordeal, it ended up in a conviction!

Thank you for sharing your story and it clearly illustrates that LE can't tell the public everything and sometimes they need the body unfortunately for whatever reason.:blowkiss:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3