ID - DeOrr Kunz, Jr., 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally, I think the number one reason for the parents' changing stories is fear of prosecution because of negligence on their part, no matter how small that might have been. If they had their eyes on him or had been protective of him this would never have happened. His parents were his guardians and they messed up.

As sad and unfortunate such circumstances are, they are not crimes nor would they make the parents criminals. IMO

And at this point, I don't think anyone is going to change anyone's mind as to what they think happened.

Hey, sometimes I change my mind on an hourly basis lol!

(and reserve the right to continue to do so)

Current opinion: accident, probs involving truck, covered up god knows why, not even sure who did it. SOLID. :giggle:

As sad and unfortunate such circumstances are, they are not crimes nor would they make the parents criminals. IMO

The only issue I have with this is the huge amount of resources and time, money, etc. spent over these many months that would, in this case, be directly a result of the parents not telling the whole truth about what happened. Even if their initial negligence or responsibility was minute, they have let it go on so long that now it has snowballed and indeed ended up with the two being criminals, in the sense that they would be charged with a host of charges related to the effort and expense spent based on the not totally true story(ies) they have told.

I thought about this just yesterday while my 2 1/2 year old son was playing on my grandparents property (in Idaho of all places). Their little dog ran out of the house and he ran after it. Had I not been watching him and following him he would have gotten out of our line of sight behind one of the outbuildings. He also went up a fairly small hill that was uneven, tripped and tumbled down it. It made me think about little DeOrr because normally my son is a "mover and a goer" but on that terrain I would agree that he wouldn't be able to make it very far without stumbling and crying.

... or losing a too big wellie. Or a toy car. Or leaving a trail of his snotty sobbing scent.

Let's face it folks, NOTHING really adds up, nothing at all.

It really was a natural predator...with all the mountain lyin'...

JMO

... or losing a too big wellie. Or a toy car. Or leaving a trail of his snotty sobbing scent.

Let's face it folks, NOTHING really adds up, nothing at all.

Yes, all of the above. His shoes fell off a few times and they weren't even two sizes too big.

The farther away he is found, the less likely IMO that he wandered there on his own.

Obviously, if he is buried, that kind of makes it a moot point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I pray every day that Deorr's body will be found.

Once he's found, I pray that COD can be determined. Probably a slim chance of that, unfortunately. :(

JUSTICE FOR DEORR!!!

I keep thinking back to the scathing letter that Vilt sent the parents when he withdrew from the investigation:

In the letter, a copy of which was sent to KID Newsradio, Vilt accuses the parents of covering up facts important to the case.

“In my professional opinion, both of you lied and misrepresented true facts that could solve the mystery of your missing son," writes Vilt. “I believe that the searches will all be nonproductive. The searches are only used by you to cover a possible crime that one or both of you may have committed.”

Vilt also suggested in the letter that the parents fully cooperate with the Lemhi County Sheriff’s Office and tell the truth. He also accuses the parents of exploiting the public for financial gain.

http://www.localnews8.com/news/Form...r-calling-parents-actions-suspicious/37668436

He concludes the letter with these words:

How can use (sic) live with yourselves?
Sooner or later, the truth will come out.

Those are pretty harsh words from a family friend who was initially critical of the way LE was handling the investigation.
IMO

The farther away he is found, the less likely IMO that he wandered there on his own.

Obviously, if he is buried, that kind of makes it a moot point.

I agree. And I have my strong doubts about "wandering" at all because most likely his scent would've been picked up by the dogs. Because I picture a toddler wandering, I see him maybe running, maybe dragging his feet around, stopping, picking stuff up, hitting a tree with a stick, etc. Even if he was scared it seems like he would've left a decent path to follow, possibly hysterical and circling around like crazy and throwing himself in the dirt and rolling around out of frustration and exhaustion.

That's a sad picture to imagine. Equally bad, if not worse, is what really happened. JMO.

I agree. And I have my strong doubts about "wandering" at all because most likely his scent would've been picked up by the dogs. Because I picture a toddler wandering, I see him maybe running, maybe dragging his feet around, stopping, picking stuff up, hitting a tree with a stick, etc. Even if he was scared it seems like he would've left a decent path to follow, possibly hysterical and circling around like crazy and throwing himself in the dirt and rolling around out of frustration and exhaustion.

That's a sad picture to imagine. Equally bad, if not worse, is what really happened. JMO.

You're right. It is worse. I was looking at that from the POV of the parents, without even realizing it. But, the POV of DeOrr is the one I'm trying to stay focused on. And, yes, wandering off and being terrified and alone and hungry and tired is much worse than an accident that he likely (hopefully) died swiftly from that his parents covered up. The indignity of it would be nothing compared to him being lost and dying alone in the woods. Thanks for snapping me back a bit.

IMO It is a fact that the parents lied and it has nothing to do with polygraph tests. It comes from the various stories they told to us in the media versus what they told LE. Here is just one example: In their first media interview, they said they went for a walk/to explore. Then we hear something like they walked "up" toward the reservoir, while IR was fishing down from the campsite and GGP stayed at the campsite, all no more than 100 feet (or yards) from each other. Gone 10 minutes, walked 50 feet away, went over the ledge to the creek. Later we hear from SB, that they went fishing with IR. When I heard all of that, my brain went to "somebody is lying" and I don't think it's the sheriff.

And at this point, I don't think anyone is going to change anyone's mind as to what they think happened.

It's not my intention to change anyone's mind. I would only like to be able to my theory and opinions as everyone else on here. I want the same curtesy extended to those of us with a different opinion that is extended to the majority.

I think a lot of how people react to others in this case, is not the content of what is said but the tone of how it is said.

I don't see it as all one sided. Everyone could try to do better.

Truthfulness is really quite black and white. Either you ARE truthful or else you are NOT truthful.

I quite agree. I'm just still confused about what 'not outright lie' means. 'Being less than truthful' was the first thing to pop into my head.

To my mind it has to mean, to a certain degree, there are lie(s)?

I'll sleep on it.

Agreed. At this point, all they have done is threaten Klein with a lawsuit. They may have done that to scare him from talking more or perhaps to make themselves look "powerful".
No. They actually did file the lawsuit.

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members