ID - DeOrr Kunz, Jr., 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #28

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe I need to make myself more clear. I remember hearing they had a dog with them. I also believe I remember "animal remains" or a "buried animal" was found during the search. This animal may have been a dog, but this part is a bit blurry to me. IF it was a dog, I have no idea whose dog it may have been, nor do I have any idea what happened to "their" dog.

Hope this clears things up and I hope my memory isn't full of holes. I would go back and search but I'm much too lazy to hunt through all this info, etc to do that.
For what it's worth, I am remembering the same/similar as you, but I too am hazy on it all.

I know it came directly from LE or Klein, and at the time I remember assuming it was a search and rescue dog that had passed. Something about how they phrased it implied it was recent and someone to do with the search, and I just immediately jumped to search and rescue, probably because at the time I didn't know they had their pet camping with them.

I will try and search for it after I get my kids to bed.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

For what it's worth, I am remembering the same/similar as you, but I too am hazy on it all.

I know it came directly from LE or Klein, and at the time I remember assuming it was a search and rescue dog that had passed. Something about how they phrased it implied it was recent and someone to do with the search, and I just immediately jumped to search and rescue, probably because at the time I didn't know they had their pet camping with them.

I will try and search for it after I get my kids to bed.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I think y'all maybe talking about Klein's Interim report posted on his Facebook page July 16, "area #3":

https://scontent-dft4-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...75_3614824543688518457_o.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9

Klein's Facebook page:
https://m.facebook.com/KleinInvestigations/

I think y'all maybe talking about Klein's Interim report posted on his Facebook page July 16, "area #3":

https://scontent-dft4-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...75_3614824543688518457_o.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9

Klein's Facebook page:
https://m.facebook.com/KleinInvestigations/

This is all I remember reading. I never read anywhere that the dog buried was associated with anything related to this case, besides the fact that it was discovered and unearthed by the special cadaver dog Klein brought in.

ETA: I have been under the impression that they have no idea who the buried dog belonged to, and that it was not important to the case besides that it ruled out a cadaver hit.

Jessica and GGP both claimed to have a dog with them but neither dog died.

KIC's recent statement was made in response to Trina and Jessica claiming they were making flyers and planning a search.
Interesting... One would think that they'd have been doing this non-stop since over a year ago. Ugh.

Maybe I need to make myself more clear. I remember hearing they had a dog with them. I also believe I remember "animal remains" or a "buried animal" was found during the search. This animal may have been a dog, but this part is a bit blurry to me. IF it was a dog, I have no idea whose dog it may have been, nor do I have any idea what happened to "their" dog.

Hope this clears things up and I hope my memory isn't full of holes. I would go back and search but I'm much too lazy to hunt through all this info, etc to do that.

FWIW, I never heard it was their dog that had been buried. I heard it was someone searching whose dog had been buried. Why the heck would a dog be taken on a search and suddenly die during the search and have to be buried? Now thinking on it , how weird is that? It seems to me that story stinks to high heaven. All I can say is, wait a minute.... we need some sort of explanation, perhaps it was just one of those things? :dunno:

Interesting... One would think that they'd have been doing this non-stop since over a year ago. Ugh.

Yes, isn't it strange they're finally after all this time, wanting to "search" ? I call "foul". Of course I suppose she could have had a sudden "aha" moment, and "remembered" in a way that she could conveniently implicate someone else, such as VDK or IR.

One of the reasons no one seems to remember is the sheriff and Klein are so nebulous. As I remember it they explained away a cadaver dogs hit by saying it hit on an animal grave that also had human blood in it. I think I saw it addressed once by the sheriff and once by Klein, neither time did I get the impression they were saying it was the Kunz/Mitchell family dog. I don't remember them saying it was a dog involved in the search either, that seems like a weird and possibly illegal thing to do. I wouldn't think any LE or search and rescue people would bury a dog in a state park, there has to be some law against that, right?

One of the reasons no one seems to remember is the sheriff and Klein are so nebulous. As I remember it they explained away a cadaver dogs hit by saying it hit on an animal grave that also had human blood in it. I think I saw it addressed once by the sheriff and once by Klein, neither time did I get the impression they were saying it was the Kunz/Mitchell family dog. I don't remember them saying it was a dog involved in the search either, that seems like a weird and possibly illegal thing to do. I wouldn't think any LE or search and rescue people would bury a dog in a state park, there has to be some law against that, right?

That was my interpretation as well, I don't for a moment believe that a search dog would have died during the search. And second of all, if she/ he had died there, they would never have been buried at that campground. It is absurd. That whole story of the "dog grave" seems to be being told for a reason though. Do you think?

That was my interpretation as well, I don't for a moment believe that a search dog would have died during the search. And second of all, if she/ he had died there, they would never have been buried at that campground. It is absurd. That whole story of the "dog grave" seems to be being told for a reason though. Do you think?

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. My impression was pretty literal; a dog hit on an animal grave with some human blood mixed in. I thought LE and Klein were just explaining away a false hit. Certainly I'm not positive, as this case is way too weird for anyone to be positive about any of the little bits on information that have come out. I guess it's not out of the question that Vernal added dog murderer to his resume just to throw off the search. Virtually nothing would surprise me other than the parents not being involved in little Deorr's death.

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. My impression was pretty literal; a dog hit on an animal grave with some human blood mixed in. I thought LE and Klein were just explaining away a false hit. Certainly I'm not positive, as this case is way too weird for anyone to be positive about any of the little bits on information that have come out. I guess it's not out of the question that Vernal added dog murderer to his resume just to throw off the search. Virtually nothing would surprise me other than the parents not being involved in little Deorr's death.

That's the impression I got and still have.

I still think it's really weird, not only an animal grave in the search area. But then we have strange people showing up dumping human cremains into the reservoir during the search. Then there's the vehicle broken into and EMT bag stolen. How many weird things can go on until it seem like more than coincidence. I mean, this was a "remote" campground, right? It's all just strange to me, like something from a B rated horror film.

I still think it's really weird, not only an animal grave in the search area. But then we have strange people showing up dumping human cremains into the reservoir during the search. Then there's the vehicle broken into and EMT bag stolen. How many weird things can go on until it seem like more than coincidence. I mean, this was a "remote" campground, right? It's all just strange to me, like something from a B rated horror film.

So that's what the infamous mention of the mysterious EMT bag was about? I missed the part that it was stolen from a vehicle. A vehicle where? One of the emergency responders who was searching for Deorr? Or before everything went down?

About the dog - if I remember correctly, and I have a pretty good memory, it was stated several months ago that there was a dog with them. Also, if memory serves, it was further stated, not sure by whom, during the search "they" came across a buried animal which I think might have been a dog. I remember this grave thingee because it was/is a common ploy to bury a dead animal of some sort over a dead human as a disguise.

I could be dead wrong, but this is what a remember from several months back. It stuck out to me at the time.

:cow:

Apparently it was a hunter's dog not associated with anyone in the investigation. Sorry, I can't find it now, but I remember reading a comment on the Klein FB page by the brother (?) of the dog owner. He said something like it was a beloved pet and the human blood was due to someone accidentally cutting their hand. The dog's owner apparently wasn't too happy that Klein dug him/her up!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Exactly - herrings, red or otherwise, still stink.

This is all I remember reading. I never read anywhere that the dog buried was associated with anything related to this case, besides the fact that it was discovered and unearthed by the special cadaver dog Klein brought in.

ETA: I have been under the impression that they have no idea who the buried dog belonged to, and that it was not important to the case besides that it ruled out a cadaver hit

In my opinion, we've all been under a lot of "impressions", due to the nebulous (as someone stated above) way these bits/pieces/interviews are fed to us. Also, a lot of things have been said to be unimportant, not relevant to this case. Hmmmm. In several cases persons have been "cleared" by LE only to be prosecuted as the perp later on. I'm not one to believe in a lot of "unimportant" coincidences, nor am I one to think I have all the answers. I AM one who takes note of weird, out-of-the ordinary happenings.

BTW, I still think it possible a cougar could be the culprit and he/she ain't talking either.

In my opinion, we've all been under a lot of "impressions", due to the nebulous (as someone stated above) way these bits/pieces/interviews are fed to us. Also, a lot of things have been said to be unimportant, not relevant to this case. Hmmmm. In several cases persons have been "cleared" by LE only to be prosecuted as the perp later on. I'm not one to believe in a lot of "unimportant" coincidences, nor am I one to think I have all the answers. I AM one who takes note of weird, out-of-the ordinary happenings.

BTW, I still think it possible a cougar could be the culprit and he/she ain't talking either.

I see what you did there.

Sent from my HTC Desire Eye using Tapatalk

Remote camping site with a lot of unimportant coincidences...
Yeah, we have a town small enough that there isn't a place to get food 24-hours/day. A camping spot that was so special to GGP that he had to visit and was extremely secluded. A sweet baby wanders off. A dirty diaper was tied in a tree. A dog was buried with a towel that had human blood. No cell service. A couple of calls to gm before calling 911. A dead cell phone, but 3 chargers bought.
Am I making this up, or did these details actually come up at least once?

Sent from my HTC Desire Eye using Tapatalk

Here is Klein's July report for those that missed it or need a refresher. The animal remains are mentioned.

http://www.eastidahonews.com/2016/07/private-investigator-issues-lengthy-report-deorr-kunz-case/

Thank you. So the animal was buried 10 feet from the camp, wrapped in a towel that a human had bled on.

And, the assumption is that it was someone else's dog, buried before this whole incident occurred with Deorr and therefore is irrelevant? And the assumption is based either on the time the dog was in the ground (not reported) and/or because the dogs belonging to Deorr family did not die on that trip.

Do I have it right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member