ID - DeOrr Kunz, Jr., 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #31

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hadn't fully listened to this video, but in it they say Marsh-burn believes the parents are 100% innocent.
Now I’m really flumoxed. So LE and two other investigators have been wrong all this time? I bet Klein is fit to be tied.
Of course nothings been mentioned about IR has it?
Latest on Deorr Kunz Jr. investigation: Cadaver dogs pick up scent of human remains

I also now can’t find where he said the dogs hit specifically on the water. Can anyone point me to that link? TIA

Article regarding the water. Only place I have seen it mentioned.

https://www.localnews8.com/news/cadaver-dogs-smell-scent-in-area-where-deorr-kunz-disappeared/

In this interview (video starting around 2:30) Marshburn said they couldn't dig at the time because he wasn't allowed to disturb areas without permission due to regulations and instead he needed LE to take over. He also said it was the first time he wasn't able to go and investigate what the dogs were seeing and so while he insists it's something human there's no guarantee it isn't from something else, like an old Native American grave.

Cadaver dogs smell scent in area where DeOrr Kunz disappeared
Yes, I sort of expected LE would need to be involved with the digging. Just wondering why that hasn't been done before releasing this info. It's sort of useless info without verifying it, ykwim?

jmo

Reporter said today (Friday) LE was getting things organized for the search. Around 10 people will be coming and going throughout the weekend, including a crew from Colorado and someone from the Center for Missing and Exploited Children.

Penner said this is their routine yearly search for Deorr they do every year and it was already scheduled. Penner said it was not tied directly to Marshburn's search.
Lemhi County Sheriff Steve Penner told KTVB that he didn't want to speak on camera, but said that the closure of the campsite is not related to Marshburn's statements.

Penner says this is just a routine search that law enforcement conducts every year since DeOor went missing.
Penner also wants to caution people to not get their hopes or expectation up because as far as he is concerned, this is just a routine search.
After four years, law enforcement continues to search for DeOor Kunz, Jr.
Well, that rained on my parade.

Thank you, oceanverde.
He says it’s a ‘difficult place to retrieve a body’... then does this sound like whoever it is would have to have been buried there by someone ? And if it’s Deorr, who does he think could have done that? Why does he say he believes the parents are innocent?
I guess I’m really confused as to why he’s saying some of the things he’s saying, like he’s so sure this will give everyone the closure they need, but it could just be an old Indian grave.

During the early searches after DeOrr first went missing a cadaver dog hit upon the shallow lake .

However , everybody wanted to attribute it to ash cremains scattered there by a different family . I never believed that for a moment .

Cremated human remains are ashes and leftover particles of burned bones , and the scent would have absolutely no similarity to the scent of a decaying human body , which for all practical purposes is rotting meat ..... which of course cadaver dogs are trained to detect.

Would be interesting to know if these recent hits are on that same shallow lake .... its hard to make sense of the reports ..... one says the dog laid down on the spot ..... the other says the dog splashed over to the spot .... Mashburn said it is a muddy spot (he didn't say lake) .

During the early searches after DeOrr first went missing a cadaver dog hit upon the shallow lake .

However , everybody wanted to attribute it to ash cremains scattered there by a different family . I never believed that for a moment .

Cremated human remains are ashes and leftover particles of burned bones , and the scent would have absolutely no similarity to the scent of a decaying human body , which for all practical purposes is rotting meat ..... which of course cadaver dogs are trained to detect.

Would be interesting to know if these recent hits are on that same shallow lake .... its hard to make sense of the reports ..... one says the dog laid down on the spot ..... the other says the dog splashed over to the spot .... Mashburn said it is a muddy spot (he didn't say lake) .

I think the cremains (urgh, forgot how much I hate that word!) were by the reservoir (double urgh, who DOES that near water intended for human consumption). The reservoir has apparently not been taped off by the police this time round, leading me to believe the dogs must have detected at some other water source. The creek, maybe? Not sure.

How is this not a repeat of the last 4 years? I thought the dogs alerted there lots of times before.
Pretty sure it’s because David Marshburn is getting quite the publicity splash from it. He decided to go the “I am 100% sure the parents are innocent!” route to do it...clever marketing, but I don’t think he realizes how much he has damaged his credibility.

Kunz adds, “I still have hope that I’m gonna find my son that he was taken. There’s no evidence that shows I’m wrong. David Marshburn and his amazing dogs – they’re showing me the possibility that at least I may have closure. That (DeOrr) may still be up on the mountain. He’s showing me a possibility that makes sense and it’s not the one I want but it is closure. It does lay my little boy to rest and that is what he deserves.”

Vernal Kunz asks judge to reconsider lawsuit against Klein; new P.I. talks about his search | East Idaho News
Awwww poor Vernal, you can tell by way he has done nothing but search and bring public awareness to DeOrr in the past four years that he completely believes the little boy is out there somewhere...”

Oh, wait. That actually hasn’t happened at all, he and Jessica have both been just fine moving on with their lives and hoping everyone will forget.

He could have wandered off and drowned. I'm not sure that there is a cover up here. My opinion only.
Have you seen video footage of the campground area? If you haven’t, please look at some, because you’ll see it would have been nearly impossible for DeOrr to have gotten where could drown without having left even a shred of evidence.

It’s known that he was still somewhat unsteady on his feet (as is normal for toddlers) as well as that he was (supposedly) wearing boots that were too big for him which made him fall down sometimes. Yet he vanished without a trace, not even one of those boots discarded somewhere or found floating anywhere, and somehow able to get so far out of sight in merely minutes that no one could ever find him.

Awwww poor Vernal, you can tell by way he has done nothing but search and bring public awareness to DeOrr in the past four years that he completely believes the little boy is out there somewhere...”

Oh, wait. That actually hasn’t happened at all, he and Jessica have both been just fine moving on with their lives and hoping everyone will forget.

I think it's unfair to say they are hoping everyone will forget when we don't know what happened. We simply don't know. My opinion only.

Pretty sure it’s because David Marshburn is getting quite the publicity splash from it. He decided to go the “I am 100% sure the parents are innocent!” route to do it...clever marketing, but I don’t think he realizes how much he has damaged his credibility.
It damaged his credability to look at a case that local LE seemed incapable of solving and gave his own opinion of what happened? He also spent mostly his own money to physically go to Idaho and search for this child. DM has a passion for finding missing people and he is doing just that. I don't think he cares about his "credability" with people on the internet. He cares about the truth and finding DeOrr.

Arnie...

Are you equating "shallow lake" with the "reservoir"???

Yes I was at first ..... now I see the post below so it must be somewhere else. Thanks .

I think the cremains (urgh, forgot how much I hate that word!) were by the reservoir (double urgh, who DOES that near water intended for human consumption). The reservoir has apparently not been taped off by the police this time round, leading me to believe the dogs must have detected at some other water source. The creek, maybe? Not sure.

Thanks for the info , like you , I am now thinking it must be the creek. In the early days of the search , before the parents were named as suspects , I speculated the little boy went into the creek and became lodged under some rocks or debris in one of the deep pools in the creek.

Yes I was at first ..... now I see the post below so it must be somewhere else. Thanks .

Thanks for the info , like you , I am now thinking it must be the creek. In the early days of the search , before the parents were named as suspects , I speculated the little boy went into the creek and became lodged under some rocks or debris in one of the deep pools in the creek.
They were able to search the creek extremely well, though. It was very, very shallow. Searchers were able to stand in it while searching, and the water wasn’t even to their knees, I don’t think. They were able to move branches, rocks, etc, and look very carefully.

Plus, the way down to the creek from the campsite was steep. It would have been very difficult for DeOrr to have gotten down there himself without falling.

Yes, I sort of expected LE would need to be involved with the digging. Just wondering why that hasn't been done before releasing this info. It's sort of useless info without verifying it, ykwim?

jmo
I’m sure it’s because he very much doesn’t want any publicity, just like when he made a formal announcement that he believes VK and JM are 100% innocent, because he didn’t want any publicity then either lol.

I realize this guy has done lots of good things, but this situation takes away so much credibility for me. Even if he found remains there, it doesn’t clear VK and JM! It might actually implicate them! (Although I don’t believe that.)

Even if it did turn out to be DeOrr, I am not sure any justice will ever be had. There will be too much reasonable doubt that it was an accident, or that someone took him from the campground only to return his remains there later to shift blame to the parents.

I think it's unfair to say they are hoping everyone will forget when we don't know what happened. We simply don't know. My opinion only.
We don’t know. But are his parents doing anything, EVER, to keep him in the media and keep people looking out for him? Most parents never stop trying to get media attention for their lost children, because it’s one of their biggest fears that their child will simply be forgotten. Jessica and Vernal don’t seem to mind at all that he could be forgotten.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
The Dirty