ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Harry Oakes guy sounds extremely shady, and the fact that he has been banned from searching for people in the county he lives in as well as other locations, and is looked down upon by LE and other SAR folks, is a very bad sign. And he claimed he found Miranda Gaddis and Ashley Pond when apparently he didn't do anything! Very sketchy. I doubt Deorr's family contacted him.

Er, he took his dog there, dog hit on cement. LE ignored him. It took a naked woman running down the road to get LE to get their heads outta where they had 'em stuck.

:cow:

right there with you desertblue...

IMO I'm discounting anything the PI or a new SAR team come in with, regardless of how they were hired nor by whom. the PI is already biased as he has a prior relationship with the family (http://www.localnews8.com/news/private-detective-joins-search-for-missing-toddler/34678944) and tells us they were buying French fries when the family said candy and tampons. K9's won't be very effective at this point as the 'scene' is beyond contaminated after one month and thousands of boots & paws on the ground.

which leaves us back at square (camp) one. when exactly did the family arrive at timber creek and did cameras on 93 or the stage shop capture anything or any one at any time?

Is there a link for the tampons? I've read everything on here and seen nothing "official" about that, just speculation. Thanks.

Do we know (I might have missed) if parents passed their polygraph or not?

right there with you desertblue...

IMO I'm discounting anything the PI or a new SAR team come in with, regardless of how they were hired nor by whom. the PI is already biased as he has a prior relationship with the family (http://www.localnews8.com/news/private-detective-joins-search-for-missing-toddler/34678944) and tells us they were buying French fries when the family said candy and tampons. K9's won't be very effective at this point as the 'scene' is beyond contaminated after one month and thousands of boots & paws on the ground.

which leaves us back at square (camp) one. when exactly did the family arrive at timber creek and did cameras on 93 or the stage shop capture anything or any one at any time?

What I find the most strange about this missing child is the lack of information about what happened to DeOrr. Simple facts.

This causes the firestorm in SM.

For instance when did they arrive. Who was there. Who slept where. Why they chose that spot. Had they been there before.

Most of what we have asked about and pondered and speculated on in seven (7) sections could have very easily been cleared up right in the beginning.

Why the secrecy? Whose to blame?

My guess is bad reporting and LE not prepared to deal with this kind of missing child.

This whole case of missing DeOrr was an accident looking for a place to happen.

It could have been so different.

MOO

Hmmm I dont know - favorite boots maybe? Going on a big trip and wants to wear his boots like his Dad? Maybe they were just one of a few pairs of footwear they had for him on the trip and he happened to choose those to wear that day?

Disagree and I'll tell you why. When my children were small good shoes were a priority. I might buy cheap clothing but good shoes were #1. Future foot problems, good balance and able to walk right.
Ask any doctor.

I can see a child clomping around the house with animal slippers or too big cowboy boots but to take a small child to a camp site in boots that would fall off was very poor judgement.

I think the boots will play a huge part in this missing DeOrr story.

No. LE or the family, I believe, have to ask them to come.

Special note: Texas EquuSearch can only accept a missing person case if it has been filed with the appropriate law enforcement agency, a case number has been assigned, and law enforcement gives their consent for Texas EquuSearch to become involved. Requests for Texas EquuSearch’s assistance must be made by the family of the missing person and/or the law enforcement agency handling the case.

http://texasequusearch.org/report-a-person-missing/

What I find the most strange about this missing child is the lack of information about what happened to DeOrr. Simple facts.

This causes the firestorm in SM.

For instance when did they arrive. Who was there. Who slept where. Why they chose that spot. Had they been there before.

Most of what we have asked about and pondered and speculated on in seven (7) sections could have very easily been cleared up right in the beginning.

Why the secrecy? Whose to blame?

My guess is bad reporting and LE not prepared to deal with this kind of missing child.

This whole case of missing DeOrr was an accident looking for a place to happen.

It could have been so different.

MOO

Exactly. The same points I have been making.

There is no reason that the simple facts of what happened should be a mystery during that interview.

The person doing the interview was really bad because he allowed the interview to be controlled instead of bringing it back to the basic questions of what happened.

How many people arrived at campsite?
What day + time did they all arrive?
Who drove with who and how many cars?
Were tents setup?
Who slept with who if tents?
When 911 call was placed, where was every single person and what were they doing?
When did each person leave and in what car?

(modsnip)

If I was in charge of looking for the boy, it would not be on that mountain. I do think he is within a 10 mile radius of that store because I do believe the clerk saw the boy at 6 PM. Just not sure if she saw him Thursday or Friday.

Exactly. The same points I have been making.

There is no reason that the simple facts of what happened should be a mystery during that interview.

The person doing the interview was really bad because he allowed the interview to be controlled instead of bringing it back to the basic questions of what happened.

How many people arrived at campsite?
What day + time did they all arrive?
Who drove with who and how many cars?
Were tents setup?
Who slept with who if tents?
When 911 call was placed, where was every single person and what were they doing?
When did each person leave and in what car?

The bottom line is SPECIFICS and DETAILS are missing from this generic story and that raises huge red flags for me.

If I was in charge of looking for the boy, it would not be on that mountain. I do think he is within a 10 mile radius of that store because I do believe the clerk saw the boy at 6 PM. Just not sure if she saw him Thursday or Friday.

I think most reporters are not skilled or trained at investigative journalism. .that's the problem here.

The statement that Deorr was unbalanced on his feet could have everything to do with his boots that are too large. .to me if those boots were so large he walked out of them that changes some things imo.

The statement that Deorr was unbalanced on his feet could have everything to do with his boots that are too large. .to me if those boots were so large he walked out of them that changes some things imo.

How big would the boots have to be for him to actually walk out of them, though? Boots are a little different from shoes. They tend to stay on feet even when they are a couple sizes too big.

(I tend to slip on my husband's boots, which are much bigger than mine, in the winter for quick runs outside and back in -- taking out the trash or whatever -- because I can quickly step into them, but they don't just fall off my feet because the way that boots are designed.)

How big would the boots have to be for him to actually walk out of them, though? Boots are a little different from shoes. They tend to stay on feet even when they are a couple sizes too big.

(I tend to slip on my husband's boots, which are much bigger than mine, in the winter for quick runs outside and back in -- taking out the trash or whatever -- because I can quickly step into them, but they don't just fall off my feet because the way that boots are designed.)

It also could just be that he's a wobbly two year old.

If the pi said they were so big he was walking out of themthen to me that's way too big. .that's what I thought someone stated the pi said..so how much too big were they idk...

From what I understand they were cowboy boots which are a bit diffrent then snow boot. Snowboots have padding to thicking the boot up. Cowboy boots are usually slippery and if they dont fit right your feet do fall out or at least your heel can slip out making it hard to walk.

Another sore spot with me. In the beginning they could have said 'we made an unexpected trip to the store for female necessities we forgot to pack.

Heck every woman in America would have understood that.

Simple things that should have been cleared up in the beginning.

MOO
Yeah but if your two year old was missing would you really think to let the public know that you went and bought tampons? I feel bad for these parents. No wonder they won't talk to anyone they are being picked apart.
If she would of made it a point to let everyone know she bought tampons or pads then everyone would be saying its weird they felt the need to point it out.

The boots could be very important, IMO. If they were on when he was supposedly being watched by the ggp (would love to know for sure), they'd have to be in the vicinity if he wandered off or was taken by an animal. Plus, if he was taken by an animal, wouldn't he have screamed? How far away was the ggp? He stated "four minute window" when nobody was watching him - where exactly was he if he wasn't at the campsite? Wasn't DeOrr supposed to be napping? Where was ggp??
If he was napping why would he have the boots on. I guess I'm unclear on what, exactly, was going on when the parents went exploring. Ggp thought DeOrr was with the parents - did they not say like "Hey, pops, we're walking away for a while please watch DeOrr?" Maybe I'm a helicopter parent, but I never ever let my kids out of my sight until I have verbal confirmation that Dad or Grandma is watching. Maybe ggp isn't of sound mind? Do we know that?

UGH THIS CASE IS MAKING ME CRAZY

That poor sweet baby boy. I just want to hug him.

I agree. You don't leave a curious two year old without confirmed supervision by someone capable when you're near a creek. I think something isn't kosher with that story. As for the boots (and I know you weren't saying this, but others have) I think it is totally normal to let a 2-year-old kid wear camo boots on a camping trip. The cover his ankles. Easy on and off going in and out of tent. It's not like he would be hiking. My 3-year-old niece clomps around all over her ranch in rain boots. In summer. Because she is stubborn. But also because there is no problem with it. My sister in law is pretty responsible. It's no big deal.

If the pi said they were so big he was walking out of themthen to me that's way too big. .that's what I thought someone stated the pi said..so how much too big were they idk...

I could see them being big enough for them to trip him up or cause him to fall or lose balance. Literally walking out of them, though -- they had to be huge.

View attachment 79889
Do these look like trails or small roads where I put the blue arrows? Hope this image posts. First time I've tried it. Can't tell if they go over the ridge through the trees to the campground or not. Perhaps they might be an alternative route out of the campground? Just searching. We don't seem to have anything else. Although the cougar attack is still high on my list.

That's the road I first pointed out several pages ago, and again yesterday evening. :) If you zoom in it appears to be a small road that appears to go up to the top of the mountain.

Please don't throw tomatoes, but there is a vault toilet on the campground. Surely that was checked first?

Yeah but if your two year old was missing would you really think to let the public know that you went and bought tampons? I feel bad for these parents. No wonder they won't talk to anyone they are being picked apart.
If she would of made it a point to let everyone know she bought tampons or pads then everyone would be saying its weird they felt the need to point it out.

I think the public is sympathetic to woman's needs. It could have been said in a number of ways such as 'we made an unexpected trip to the store' We bought some things we forgot to pack, bought DeOrr some FF and noticed a strange man watching DeOrr and made Jessica nervous.'

A true timeline would have eliminated all this back and forth and taking everything her mother wrote on FB about the trip as gospel because we were dying for a crumb and she tossed us one. True or not we bought all of it.

We hang onto the smallest things. Heck for quite a while we didn't even know who was there. Remember the mystery man that emerged by the name of Isaac? Why was that a secret?

It made it so much more than it was. Bloggers have pondered forever the relationship between him and GGP and it could be so simple as a next door neighbor or a friend that takes him to doctors appointments.

We just don't know the answers to questions that should be sooooo easy and would take the mystery away from these parents.

I still hold out hope that they are innocent and just caught in this whirlwind of not knowing and inefficient guidance from those that should be running this investigation.

What a terrible spot they are in. Dammed if they do and dammed if they don't.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member