ID - Doomsday Cult Victims - Joshua Vallow - Tylee Ryan - Tammy Daybell - Charles Vallow - *Arrests* #68

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OJ Simpson jurors were sequestered.
Casey Anthony jurors were sequestered.
Both found innocent.

Murdaugh jurors not sequestered. Judge had control of courtroom. Murdsugh found guilty.

Thus far, Kay and Larry, grandparents of JJ not allowed in court by Judge.

Now we learn prosecutors may not know cause of death for JJ, Tylee and maybe Tammy.

Will she walk? For Lori, this trial is very funny. All she does is laugh.
Lori has always been laughing at inappropriate times. Detachment must be her coping mechanism. She pretends that all is well. Perception is everything. When she and Chad called MG to ask her to lie to police, Lori seemed upbeat but Chad sounded scared.

Just got word that court will not begin tomorrow until 1:30 p.m.

I’m told Boyce and attorneys will be taking care of administrative business. Jury selection will resume in the afternoon.

Maybe Boyce will announce if Kay and Larry are allowed to be in the courtroom as spectators. JMO

My guess is they're fishing for people who would be open to convicting based on circumstantial evidence, with no clear cause of death. Which makes me think they have Tammy in mind. Hers would be the most likely to appear from 'natural causes' rather than outright murder, unless you take into consideration all the circumstantial evidence surrounding her death.

Jmho, and not an expert.

Thursday, April 6th:
*Jury Selection continues (Day 4) (@ 1:30pm MT) – ID – Joshua Jaxon (JJ) Vallow (7) & Tylee Ashlyn Ryan (16) (JJ last seen Sept. 23, 2019 & Tylee on Sept. 9, 2019, Rexburg; found June 9, 2020 buried in Daybell’s yard in Salem, ID) – *Lori Norene Vallow aka Lori Norene Daybell (46/now 49) arrested (in Kauai, Hawaii on 2/20/20) & indicted & charged (5/25/21) & re-arraigned (4/19/22) with Count 1 (for Tylee): Conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder & grand theft by deception (for Daybell, Vallow & Alex Cox) & other co-conspirators. Count 2 (for Tylee): 1st degree murder. Count 3 (for JJ): Conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder & grand theft by deception. Count 4(for JJ): 1st degree murder. Count 5 (for Tammy): Conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder. Count 6: Lori only: Grand theft (related to social security survivor benefits allocated for the care of minors Tylee & JJ). Plead not guilty. DA will seek DP. Was transferred to Ada County jail on 3/22/23. Fremont County
Conspiracy to commit destruction, alteration or concealment of evidence charges dismissed without prejudice on 7/29/21. Fremont County
Resisting or obstructing LE, solicitation of a crime & contempt of court. All charges were dismissed on 1/3/22. Madison County
Trial began on 4/3/23 with jury selection (3 or 4 days). Jury Selection Day 1 (4/3/23): 17 potential jurors selected. Day 2 (4/4/23): 13 potential jurors selected. Day 3 (4/4/23): 16 potential jurors selected. Total: 39. Total needed: 42. Need 12 jurors & 6 alternates.
Trial begins after jury selection (thru 6/9/23) @ 9am. Trial will be held in Ada County. (will last about 10 weeks) Trials have been severed.

Arrest & Grand Jury & Competency & Court info from 3/5/20 thru 3/30/23 & Jury Selection Day 1 (4/3/23) reference post #362 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...bell-charles-vallow-arrests-68.671199/page-19

4/5/23 Wednesday, Jury Selection Day 3: 3 more groups (of 15) for today until they reach 42 potential jurors.
for more info see posts #369 to 374 & 378 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...bell-charles-vallow-arrests-68.671199/page-19
16 potential jurors were selected today. A new group of 15 will need to report tomorrow to reach 42.
for more info see post #383 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...bell-charles-vallow-arrests-68.671199/page-20
Court will not begin tomorrow until 1:30pm. Judge Boyce & attorneys will be taking care of administrative business. Jury selection will resume in the afternoon. Jury selection continues on Thursday, 4/6/23.

*Chad Guy Daybell (53/now 54) – Pretrial motions hearing on 3/2/23. Trial was set to begin on 4/3/23 was vacated.
*AZ – *Charge Vallow (62) shot on July 11, 2019. Lori Norene Vallow indicted (6/24/21) & served (6/29/21) with 1 count of conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder in the death of former husband Charles Vallow . Maricopa County
Case info reference post #970:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...bell-charles-vallow-arrests-67.655419/page-49

BBM from one of the documents above. As I've previously stated, the prosecution truly sucks in this case. Also, I listened to a couple of the videos from jury selection and I do not have high hopes they are going to get convictions. Hope I am proved wrong.

As a threshold issue, the Court notes that there is a procedure within the statute designed
to aid the Court in being notified of who the State contends is a victim. To date, and after an express request, the Clerk of the Court has still not received the form in this case,
required by Idaho Code Section 19-5306(2), that indicates to the Court an individual is asserting their rights as a crime victim, thus invoking the rights afforded to crime victims under Idaho law as set forth in Idaho Code Section 19-5306 and the Idaho Constitution.

Although I am happy to hear that Kay will be allowed in court, so sad that Larry was not mentioned. Hopefully he will get called to the stand quickly and be allowed in, but question If they will. I think of Kay sitting there through this trial without him by her side.

Now maybe they will address if CD’s lawyer Prior will be allowed to view proceedings as he has been seen in the overflow room during jury selection. jmo

BBM from one of the documents above. As I've previously stated, the prosecution truly sucks in this case. Also, I listened to a couple of the videos from jury selection and I do not have high hopes they are going to get convictions. Hope I am proved wrong.

As a threshold issue, the Court notes that there is a procedure within the statute designed
to aid the Court in being notified of who the State contends is a victim. To date, and after an express request, the Clerk of the Court has still not received the form in this case,
required by Idaho Code Section 19-5306(2), that indicates to the Court an individual is asserting their rights as a crime victim, thus invoking the rights afforded to crime victims under Idaho law as set forth in Idaho Code Section 19-5306 and the Idaho Constitution.

ACK! I always watch jury trials feeling stressed but I've never felt so concerned about a murder trial this far in advance. :(

5. Charles Vallow and Kay Vallow Woodcock are brother and sister. Since July 25, 2014, that would make Kay Woodcock an aunt to JJ Vallow, and Larry Woodcock has no familial relationship to JJ Vallow. It is understood that Larry Woodcock and Kay Woodcock are divorced.

BBM-I never knew LW and KW are divorced before reading this.

So, will Larry (if/when allowed in) and Kresha have to play the reservation roulette to get courtroom seats? Now, I'm all confused about definitions of family, victim, etc and who will possibly have a guaranteed seat. Also, has it been stated as to whether any of Lori's family is planning to attend, particularly Colby... or are we just waiting to see who shows up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scotto