ID - Doomsday Cult Victims - Joshua Vallow - Tylee Ryan - Tammy Daybell - Charles Vallow - *Arrests* #68

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

The author said the defendant befriended a collection of longtime inmates when she was first arrested who helped her develop a prison commissary-based makeup suite and routine.

“They taught her how to make, you know, bright red lipstick with Jolly Rancher candy,” Glatt said. “And you can see in the videos of her court appearances this garish red lipstick that she had. And she also did eyeliner from pencils. And this was like surviving behind bars for Lori to look her best, you know when the cameras were on her.”

View attachment 413295

I actually giggled out loud today, when seeing the picture of the Big Bus bringing LVD to court. Commenters were saying how unnecessarily large it was, and I thought....she's somehow brought 8 pallets of Jolly Ranchers on board with her !

Do you remember when Nate Eaton did that interview with MG way back where they were sitting outside and MG said that LVD wouldn’t be able to look pretty anymore?
I thought that was such a bizarre thing to say.
Now we know what MG meant. That Lori wouldn't have access to makeup and her other beauty routine things she does because she is behind bars.
Prisons offer more than jails.

Lori made the biggest mistake - after 4 marriages she should have learned but I think her ego was out of bounds. So she moved to where he lived and put the pressure on and ordered wedding stuff and waited for him to kill Tammy

One thing I remember was that it was both weird and authentic. Her emotions and cognition seemed smoked- possibly cult brain. But her distress for her friend's incarceration- that was real. It was one of the few times I 100% believed her reports about how she felt.

It was a strange priority, but I thought she was expressing it truthfully.

MOO
I assume MG will be called as a witness. I wonder how she’ll come across to the jury.

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed / unable to repair>

I believe Annie was going to be a penalty phase witness only- but she is not now because there will be no penalty phase of the trial since DP is off the table.

So, now she is not on the witness list and can observe the trial without a restriction for being a witness.

MOO

Last edited by a moderator:
I assume MG will be called as a witness. I wonder how she’ll come across to the jury.
She did well in the preliminary hearing- save for her perjury about sleeping arrangements.

I am worried, too. I am not trying to pile on her, because she's been through a lot. But she did lie- and the prelim did not go into the nightmare stuff, etc. IANAL but I think if it is not brought up by the prosecutor, it can't be crossed by defense. So I don't know if all of her craziness about the night of JJ's murder will come up.

In theory, the jury is made up of people who don't know all that- haven't watched the Chandler interviews, etc.

It is the classic witness problem. The people closest to the accused are not likely to be the the most upstanding. Org. Crime witnesses are going to be low level organized criminals. Drug dealer witnesses are going to be dealers and users. Culty murder witnesses are going to be culty people with all that comes with that.

I think that prosecutors like to deal with that problem by giving a little speech: you might not like this witness. We don't like ____ about them either. But we didn't choose this witness. The accused did.

MOO

We also had a friend of Alex who would post

There were a couple of insiders a while back but I haven't seen them post for a long time. Maybe they will return for the trial??

Just wish we could watch this in real time. Grrrr :mad: Will catch y'all next week.

Hey Linas good to see you!!!!! :) Lori needs a haircut so she will stop doing that damned ponytail look LMAO

Last edited:

April 5, 2023
BOISE — Jury selection in the Lori Vallow Daybell case ended Thursday afternoon with a total of 45 Ada County residents in the final pool.

That number will be reduced to 18 on Friday morning as peremptory challenges begin in the trial. A peremptory challenge results in the exclusion of a potential juror without the need for any reason or explanation. Prosecutors and defense attorneys will each eliminate 12 jurors. When that is complete, 12 men and women will serve on the jury with six alternates.

Friday, April 7th:
*Final Jury Selection (Day 5) (@ 9am MT) – ID – Joshua Jaxon (JJ) Vallow (7) & Tylee Ashlyn Ryan (16) (JJ last seen Sept. 23, 2019 & Tylee on Sept. 9, 2019, Rexburg; found June 9, 2020 buried in Daybell’s yard in Salem, ID) – *Lori Norene Vallow aka Lori Norene Daybell (46/now 49) arrested (in Kauai, Hawaii on 2/20/20) & indicted & charged (5/25/21) & re-arraigned (4/19/22) with Count 1 (for Tylee): Conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder & grand theft by deception (for Daybell, Vallow & Alex Cox) & other co-conspirators. Count 2 (for Tylee): 1st degree murder. Count 3 (for JJ): Conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder & grand theft by deception. Count 4 (for JJ): 1st degree murder. Count 5 (for Tammy): Conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder. Count 6: Lori only: Grand theft (related to social security survivor benefits allocated for the care of minors Tylee & JJ). Plead not guilty. DA will seek DP. Was transferred to Ada County jail on 3/22/23. Fremont County
Conspiracy to commit destruction, alteration or concealment of evidence charges dismissed without prejudice on 7/29/21. Fremont County
Resisting or obstructing LE, solicitation of a crime & contempt of court. All charges were dismissed on 1/3/22. Madison County
Trial began on 4/3/23 with jury selection & ended 4/7/23. Jury Selection Day 1 (4/3/23): 17 potential jurors selected. Day 2 (4/4/23): 13 potential jurors selected. Day 3 (4/5/23): 9 potential jurors selected. Day 4 (4/6/23): 6 potential jurors selected. Total: 45. Need 12 jurors & 6 alternates.
Trial set to begin on 4/10/23 (thru 6/9/23) @ 8:30am. Trial will be held in Ada County. (will last about 10 weeks) Trials have been severed.

Arrest & Grand Jury & Competency & Court info from 3/5/20 thru 3/30/23 & Jury Selection Day 1-3 (4/3-4/5/23) reference post #389 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...bell-charles-vallow-arrests-68.671199/page-20

4/6/23 Update: Judge rules Kay Woodcock, Summer Shiflet & Colby Ryan can attend the trial for Vallow. Larry Woodcock is not considered a victim according to the Judge. He may however observe all proceedings where testimony is not being offered & upon the completion of his testimony, he would be permitted to observe the remainder of the trial,” Boyce wrote.
4/6/23 Thursday, Jury Selection Day 4: First group of 15 or today until they reach 42 potential jurors. 6 potential jurors have been selected.
The 45 potential jurors will be back tomorrow, Friday, 4/7/23. Each side will have 12 strikes each for final jury selection.
for more info see posts #454 (article) here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...bell-charles-vallow-arrests-68.671199/page-23
Opening statements will on Monday, 4/10/23 @ 8:30am.

*Chad Guy Daybell (53/now 54) – Pretrial motions hearing on 3/2/23. Trial was set to begin on 4/3/23 was vacated.
*AZ – *Charge Vallow (62) shot on July 11, 2019. Lori Norene Vallow indicted (6/24/21) & served (6/29/21) with 1 count of conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder in the death of former husband Charles Vallow . Maricopa County
Case info reference post #970:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...bell-charles-vallow-arrests-67.655419/page-49

Flipping (scrolling) through the Idaho Cases of Interest again.

1. I have tendinitis from scrolling through these cases. Kidding. Kind of.

2. I knew that Tammy's father had asked for (and been denied) virtual access to the trial. I just realized Tammy's brother (BD) had also asked and been denied.

Attachments

• 20230407_091900.jpg
    20230407_091900.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 3
Spoke with Larry Woodcock today. He said he was very unsettled all day yesterday - couldn't sleep, restless and upset. He says he finally turned "to the one who gives me peace" and prayed for an hour. This morning he woke up at peace with what's to come. He says he's not worried, plans to attend the trial and thanks everyone for their love and support. (Nate Eaton FB)

This was pretty early and I think it was A VERIFIED INSIDER who had a daugher that was Tylee's BFF and she said Lori always cut Tylee down due to her weight. I think I even remember hearing recorded cell convos
Vaisia's mom Echo, I believe.

I forget Echo's name here, but both she and Vaisia have been briefly on TV discussing Tylee.

It took Vaisia a pretty long time to so do and, again if I recall correctly, this is because Echo said that for a long time to even think about Tylee sent the poor girl into hysterics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scotto