ID - Doomsday Cult Victims - Joshua Vallow - Tylee Ryan - Tammy Daybell - Charles Vallow - *Arrests* #68

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
John Thomas (the attorney she was talking to) immediately asked the judge to meet privately with Lori in the hallway. Lori, still looking upset, left the room with her attorneys. We are now waiting. #LoriVallowTrial #LoriVallow
@KSL5TV

Something is happening. #LoriVallowTrial #LoriVallow
@KSL5TV

Her attorneys suddenly came back in the courtroom from the hallway without Lori and all of a suddenly the prosecution stood up and hurriedly walked out. Everyone is wondering what's going on. #LoriVallowTrial #LoriVallow

@KSL5TV

Lori's former attorney MM complains on Twitter that stating that he was Chad's attorney in the morning of the day the children were found was hearsay. MM once stated in court himself that he represented both Lori and Chad.

Lol- I just looked into that twit's twitter tantrum.

Lyn and Eaton and some other knowledgeable live tweeters are sometimes adding info. So it gets confusing what was testified until we get the audio- I think Lum ADDED the info for context the name of the attorney.

The other possibility is Lum left out a quote like the one below.

Because unless the call was on speakerphone and Det. H. was on the call, too, it could be hearsay to testify that the person Chad was speaking to was Mark Means. (He could testify, "Chad told me 'I am calling my attorney, Mark Means,'" but not that he had personal knowledge that it was who Chad was speaking to.)

So Means is too funny with the, "Hearsay much" sloppily by tweet without knowing the context. In court, Means' tweet would be called "speculation."

OTOH, Lum @ to the dude. Maybe he was trying to provoke him.

MOO

Added related comment:

Means' twit storm included something like, "religion door opened! Don't let it close!" Implying that since the prosecution is talking about religion, it can be used by the defense, too. And that will somehow be a good thing for the defense.

He tweeted about getting a religious expert.

I recall John Dehlin of Mormon Stories saying that John Prior contacted him asking if he'd be an religion expert. John D says he declined.

I only see 2 religion defenses, neither helpful IMO. 1) I'm just following my unique spiritual beliefs- this is 'Merica - and I am a free patriot. That coujd win over supporters like- well- Mark Means- and ensure plenty of supportive letters from other freedom loving folk- but it will secure a conviction. 2) I'm just following the parts of LDS that most believers shelve, if they ever come across it at all. That could possibly reduce punishment but it's an uphill climb against a powerful institution who can pay a courthouse of lawyers, and can easily and truthfully assert that they didn't go and tell anyone to kill people or even run red lights in the name of their religion.

The first sounds right up Mean's alley- and more like John Prior than choice 2. But- John Dehlin would be a better "expert" for choice 2.

So are means and Prior on different pages? Does mesns want to argue religious freedom while Prior wants to blame LDS? Or- what???? I'm so confused.

MOO

Last edited:
I have wondered if LVD was told something differently on how Tylee was disposed of by A and C. Like maybe they told her she was shot/died quickly and gave her a proper burial. Seeing what her brother and Chad actually did to her is maybe a shock and she can't handle. Maybe her rude awakening has begun. Imo

I have wondered if LVD was told something differently on how Tylee was disposed of by A and C. Like maybe they told her she was shot/died quickly and gave her a proper burial. Seeing what her brother and Chad actually did to her is maybe a shock and she can't handle. Maybe her rude awakening has begun. Imo
She would have seen the evidence against her before the trial. It was part of the discovery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper