ID - Doomsday Cult Victims - Joshua Vallow - Tylee Ryan - Tammy Daybell - Charles Vallow - *Arrests* #68

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed that testifying against Chad is unlikely.

I think she still believes. It would be like expecting a 3 year kid who celebrates Easter to testify that the Easter bunny is a myth.

But we shall see! A lot of time has gone by and we "saw" a lot of 2019 Lori. I don't know what she's like now. It's been a long time.

She should be the mom of a 21 year old and an 11 year old in addition to Colby. I don't know what, if anything, that loss means to her.

MOO

It HAS been a long time.... Hard to even read some of the more recent comments, talking about how 'light' sentencing could be.
Do we think that the prosecution has any bombshells to share? That is what I would like to see, to get the horrors of these two people back into the center ring.

Lori Hellis is of the opinion that Lori Vallow truly believes she did nothing wrong (as LVD believed her children were zombies, etc), and LVD believes this trial is a religious-test put upon her by her God, and her God will deliver her from all this wrath. I don't share this opinion. Am I in the minority? I'm not looking for support for my views but I am curious if most people agree with Hellis on this topic.
I don't share LH's opinion. I think it could be easy to come to that conclusion if you don't look at her life history.

I believe LVD is persecutory by nature, and has shown signs of this since early adulthood. She has form for demonizing and attempting to destroy the reputations of her husbands, when she was ready to move on (court actions against Colby's dad and Tylee's dad), and this had progressed to procuring help to physically harm Joe Ryan (taser incident). The difference in this case is that she showed she had the capacity to destroy her dependent children as well as her husband, because none of them served her future plans.

The cycle of destruction and rising again from the ashes had once again manifested in her life, and each time she went further than the last. I believe she found an outlet in Chad for facilitating her cycle of demonization and destruction, through novel 'zombification'. It was just another means to her ends, she identified his ideals of there being a chosen few, and together they created the system of how they could embark on their next chapters, and be together. She was the fuel to his fire.

All MOO

I don't share LH's opinion. I think it could be easy to come to that conclusion if you don't look at her life history.

I believe LVD is persecutory by nature, and has shown signs of this since early adulthood. She has form for demonizing and attempting to destroy the reputations of her husbands, when she was ready to move on (court actions against Colby's dad and Tylee's dad), and this had progressed to procuring help to physically harm Joe Ryan (taser incident). The difference in this case is that she showed she had the capacity to destroy her dependent children as well as her husband, because none of them served her future plans.

The cycle of destruction and rising again from the ashes had once again manifested in her life, and each time she went further than the last. I believe she found an outlet in Chad for facilitating her cycle of demonization and destruction, through novel 'zombification'. It was just another means to her ends, she identified his ideals of there being a chosen few, and together they created the system of how they could embark on their next chapters, and be together. She was the fuel to his fire.

All MOO
Excellent post! I would like to add in her upbringing in a sovereign citizen household. The "rules for others do not apply to us" mentality. BTW, I agree with both you and LH.

I agree with Lori Hellis.
I just realized I should’ve said why, lol… The reason why I believe Lori H, is because I don’t think Lori V-D is a strong enough person to be able to keep up all this unwavering bluster and braggadocio, if it's in fact an empty farce on her part.

I also don't believe Lori V-D is intelligent enough to be able to consistently maintain this as empty farce.

I should think she'd flag, or panic; and I certainly don’t think she’d spend hours praying in the temple, which presumably has been backed up by the presence of her temple remand card being swiped, during the days she merrily spent assuring Charles that this was what she was doing in the Chandler temple.

I think everything about Lori V-D screams zealot.

I think she’s smug about acting and maintaining that everything she does is because she’s a zealot, even when in situations when no one is looking; and when she could presumably act however she wanted.

Y'all really think she acts the way she acts, even when nobody is looking, and never breaks down about what she did towards mini-me Tylee, even if she doesn't care about JJ, just because she's an ice cold psychopath who never cared about anyone?

Last edited:
I just realized I should’ve said why, lol… The reason why I believe Lori H, is because I don’t think Lori V-D is a strong enough person to be able to keep up all this unwavering bluster and braggadocio, if it's in fact an empty farce on her part.

I also don't believe Lori V-D is intelligent enough to be able to consistently maintain this as empty farce.

I should think she'd flag, or panic; and I certainly don’t think she’d spend hours praying in the temple, which presumably has been backed up by the presence of her temple remand card being swiped, during the days she merrily spent assuring Charles that this was what she was doing in the Chandler temple.

I think she’s smug about acting and maintaining that everything she does is because she’s a zealot, even when in situations when no one is looking; and when she could presumably act however she wanted.

Y'all really think she acts the way she acts, even when nobody is looking, and never breaks down about what she did towards mini-me Tylee, even if she doesn't care about JJ, just because she's an ice cold psychopath who never cared about anyone?
It's called a temple recommend, not remand.

You don't go to a temple just to pray; it isn't a church, it's a building for certain specific ceremonies and ordinances, and you don't do them on your own, you're with a group of people. It's a place for ritual, not a place for private contemplation and communion with god.

Source: I was BIC (born in church), attended church and other church activities regularly until I turned eighteen (including going to the Temple multiple times to do the Temple work that teenagers can do), and the vast majority of my immediate family are still active members. My mum, who I live with, went to the Temple twice this week, because it's Easter school holidays, so she has the time she doesn't usually. (She's a fulltime school teacher.)

MOO

Last edited:

You don't go to a temple just to pray; it isn't a church, it's a building for certain specific ceremonies and ordinances, and you don't do them on your own, you're with a group of people. It's a place for ritual, not a place for private contemplation and communion with god.

Source: I was BIC (born in church), attended church and other church activities regularly until I turned eighteen (including going to the Temple multiple times to do the Temple work that teenagers can do), and the vast majority of my immediate family are still active members. My mum, who I live with, went to the Temple twice this week, because it's Easter school holidays, so she has the time she doesn't usually. (She's a fulltime school teacher.)

MOO
Well, that's me told then, lol... forget i said anything.

MOO
In your opinion, what did Lori do at the temple for eight hours a day, almost daily, if she didn't work there?

Well, that's me told then, lol... forget i said anything.
It wasn't intended to be snippy! I apologise if it came off that way. I just know that for folks who aren't in the church, there is a lot of weird, and are a lot of secrets, and is a heck of a lot of jargon that is hard to understand.

I have all of this stuff that got crammed into my head until I got old enough to say 'no thanks', and I'm just trying to share that, because it might as well be useful for something. It wasn't intended to be rude, and I deeply apologise if it came across that way.

Please ask anything you want, if you have questions. I consider myself a resource on mainstream LDS stuff in this case, not an expert on any of the rest. I have seen the nexflix special, but I have not read all the threads or any books or listened to any podcasts. I am useful in this one specific way, and that's it.

MOO

Interesting post! Thanks

It is so irritating to not have live stream. I enjoy being able to listen to the trial if I'm busy with other things. Now I have to refresh, refresh, refresh all day long and actually stop and read what's happening......:confused:

In the past I've seen people reading live tweets on YT for trials that are not streamed. You could try searching YT to see if anyone is doing that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper