Found Deceased ID - Doomsday Cult Victims - Joshua Vallow, Tylee Ryan, Tammy Daybell, Charles Vallow *Arrests* #74

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Need help!!! Now that state and defense have rested....the one thing that's really bugging me is why didn't Melani Pawlowski testify? It seems to me she had a heck of a lot of information to add to the Prosecution's case.

I know she was in town under subpoena, and her husband testified. Then prosecution let her return home without calling her to stand..Anyone know what happened? Or, can someone speculate.?I'm loosing sleep over this one.
She tainted her testimony by violating the court order and listening to others' testimony before her. Some of us think it was intentional so she did not have to testify against Lori.

lori is guilty, she didn't even try to create another narrative..she will come after the verdict and say she had ineffective counsel..and off we go! mOO
I’m hours behind everyone on today’s posts so I apologize if someone else has mentioned this and I just haven’t gotten to it yet.

My first thought was also whether this would be grounds for appeal on ineffectiveness of council for not putting on a defense - whether this is LVD’s idea or not. So I did some googling and learned that it is not enough to say that an attorney didn’t put on a good defense or do a good job. LVD would also have to say that it would have made a difference in the outcome of the trial.

I think we all agree that there really is no defense to the evidence the prosecution presented. There’s nothing they could do to explain the texts and the timelines or the bodies being buried on her new husband’s property - short of her getting on the stand herself and lying about it with some tale she might tell. And the decision not to testify is hers so she cannot blame that on the attorneys. Not that I think her on the stand would have made a difference either. But the point is there is nothing her attorneys could have done that would made a difference in this case.

The only remaining question is whether the jurors all felt all charges were proven and we’ll see that when the verdict comes but nothing her attorneys did or didn’t do was going to make any difference.

So I don’t think that she would be able to use ineffectiveness of council for a reason for appeal or new trial or whatever.

As always MOO

She tainted her testimony by violating the court order and listening to others' testimony before her. Some of us think it was intentional so she did not have to testify against Lori.

It was reported that she was in no trouble, not held in contempt, etc...I don't get it. Sounds like a good plan for many in the future if there's not punishment

it is not enough to say that an attorney didn’t put on a good defense or do a good job. LVD would also have to say that it would have made a difference in the outcome of the trial.
Thanks for looking into this. It's an important distinction, because I don't know of any witnesses that could have been called or things that could have been said that would have made a difference. Would any of us have changed our minds if we'd heard a bunch of witnesses wax poetic about what a good mom LVD was? Or heard an 'expert' talk about all the ways a hair could have ended up on a piece of duct tape? Even if LVD had testified about how she was brainwashed by CD and didn't realize he was talking about actually in-real-life killing people, I don't think that would have changed anyone's mind about what happened unless there was new evidence to back up that claim.

IMO. MOO. IANAL.

It was reported that she was in no trouble, not held in contempt, etc...I don't get it. Sounds like a good plan for many in the future if there's not punishment
I suspect that since the prosecution did not actually call MBP to the stand that is probably why there was no contempt charges. Had they called her and the judge questioned her as he did others and he determined she had violated the order after questioning her then I do think there probably would have been contempt charges.

Also I don’t think that she did it so she wouldn’t have to testify against LVD as many others think. I really thing she wanted to testify because I think doing so would have been beneficial to her in AZ and/or with custody issues with BB. But I think it is possible that she did it on purpose so that she wouldn’t incriminate herself in a possible attempted murder charge or conspiracy to commit murder anyway regarding BB being shot at. I don’t think there is any way that AC knew enough about BB to make the attempt on his own - wouldn’t have known his address or his schedule or what he drove, etc without input from MBP and I think facing charges in AZ is a very real possiblity for her and her testimony in this case could have been used against her in a trial there.

So I think it’s possible she did it on purpose but to protect herself not LVD. I also think it’s possible that she just couldn’t help herself. Her ex had just testified and she wanted to know if he said anything that would incriminate her and she just couldn’t resist taking a peek.

Maybe this has been addressed but if not and people need something to slueth until the verdict, what book is LVD reading poolside when she was served? I looked at images of CD's books and it didn't seem to match any of the covers I saw. Just curious if anyone recognized it. It is not legible to me.

Yes, I think she was not held in contempt but her testimony was excluded.

Her testimony wasn't excluded. She didn't testify. It forced the hand of the prosecution, whether they ultimately wanted her to testify or not. How you can simply ignore all rules and procedures only to be let go (without even a slap on the wrist) is frustrating to watch. I think the prosecution felt it was too risky. However, not even an admonishment by the judge. (Not sure if they admonish a witness who hasn't been called yet)

Ultimately, it looks like MP got exactly what she wanted and lost nothing

Maybe this has been addressed but if not and people need something to slueth until the verdict, what book is LVD reading poolside when she was served? I looked at images of CD's books and it didn't seem to match any of the covers I saw. Just curious if anyone recognized it. It is not legible to me.

‘Visions of Glory’, apparently. Not one of Chad’s but on the theme of near death experiences also.

I suspect that since the prosecution did not actually call MBP to the stand that is probably why there was no contempt charges. Had they called her and the judge questioned her as he did others and he determined she had violated the order after questioning her then I do think there probably would have been contempt charges.

Also I don’t think that she did it so she wouldn’t have to testify against LVD as many others think. I really thing she wanted to testify because I think doing so would have been beneficial to her in AZ and/or with custody issues with BB. But I think it is possible that she did it on purpose so that she wouldn’t incriminate herself in a possible attempted murder charge or conspiracy to commit murder anyway regarding BB being shot at. I don’t think there is any way that AC knew enough about BB to make the attempt on his own - wouldn’t have known his address or his schedule or what he drove, etc without input from MBP and I think facing charges in AZ is a very real possiblity for her and her testimony in this case could have been used against her in a trial there.

So I think it’s possible she did it on purpose but to protect herself not LVD. I also think it’s possible that she just couldn’t help herself. Her ex had just testified and she wanted to know if he said anything that would incriminate her and she just couldn’t resist taking a peek.

I think she was in "all about her" mode. Blatant disregard. Those rules/procedures aren't set forth by the prosecution nor the defense. She literally did whatever she wanted with zero consequences and her actions could have an impact on this trial.

Sunning their bods and studying Visions of Glory when served.

IMO that body cam showed she was the boss.
Did not look at or share with Chad what the heck was going down.
Cold, conceited, cunning, condescending. Dismissive…”Have a nice day”
I bet she was not even reading it as she sat up with her legs open. I wish I could see her have a guilty melt down in a few days. Although she seems the type that wound laugh as you let the blade fall on the guillotine.

MOO

Her testimony wasn't excluded. She didn't testify. It forced the hand of the prosecution, whether they ultimately wanted her to testify or not. How you can simply ignore all rules and procedures only to be let go (without even a slap on the wrist) is frustrating to watch. I think the prosecution felt it was too risky. However, not even an admonishment by the judge. (Not sure if they admonish a witness who hasn't been called yet)

Ultimately, it looks like MP got exactly what she wanted and lost nothing

She admitted she violated the exclusionary rule per this tweet. (Here's another one of those likely "secret" things done in chambers) :mad: ETA: Again, sure doesn't seem fair nor just!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeptemberDaffodil