Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *Arrests* #55

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think their children who lived in Rexburg would have known if Tammy's health had been deteriorating before she died. She was training for a 5K run, so that is not likely.
Both can be true depending on how long she had been being poisoned for/ how she reacted to it if she was poisoned, the amount she was given. She could still have been in shape to train for a marathon until the last week of her life.

Yet another example that Means is ill-equipped to represent Lori. He files for a motion that isn’t even a thing in criminal court—only civilian cases. At some point you’d think he’d be embarrassed.
At some point, you’d think a judge would call him into chambers for a little heart-to-heart. (“Son, do you really feel this is the best profession for you?”)

Snipped for focus

It’s so helpful to have Rexburg sleuths on board. Thank you for sharing your unique perspectives.

If it isn’t an imposition, could you tell us if those of you who knew Tammy noticed any signs of failing health in the weeks before her death, as Chad claims? I’ve heard she was training for a marathon run and seemed to be fine.
Speaking for myself, no I didn't notice any such signs. She was training for a 5K, not a marathon, but still that's a sign of some health, not what I would call "failing health".
My memory was that a son in law removed the items. But they were removed from the fence overnight, so maybe there isn't certainty over who removed them.
I assume your comment about Chad's son in law refers to one of the Daybell girls' husbands. Maybe I need to quote myself and change:
respectfully snipped by me.
No. The Daybell's did not remove the memorial for Tylee and JJ. I'm also including Chad and Tammy's married adult children who may now go by different last names just to be clear. They did not remove the memorial.
Apparently I need to edit and say: The Daybell's did not remove the memorial for Tylee and JJ. I'm also including Chad and Tammy's married adult children who may now go by different last names nor their spouses just to be clear. They did not remove the memorial.

No. Unless I've been lied to, I can verify that none of the Daybell children nor their spouses removed the memorial for Tylee and JJ.

For nearly two months there were people driving by and paying respects to these two children and this wife. Removing the mementos changed the physical presence from this happened here–these children were buried here, this woman died here to this is just another house on corner. The second memorial was never as large or had as many visitors and the mood of the neighborhood changed. I have ideas about who would have had motive to do that: Mark Means and John Prior are at the top of my list. It was days after Chad's hearing and days before Lori's was set to be held. We know that there was the attempt to get a change of venue because it was argued that too many people know about it. The lawyers appeared to want to move this to distance away from the physical location where it happened. Removing the memorial accomplished part of that.

Both can be true depending on how long she had been being poisoned for/ how she reacted to it if she was poisoned, the amount she was given. She could still have been in shape to train for a marathon until the last week of her life.
But then there would be a change in the last week. I haven't read about anyone speaking about it. Chad claimed that Tammy was physically "falling apart". Her coworkers would have noticed that, too. They noticed that she was distracted the day before she died.

But then there would be a change in the last week. I haven't read about anyone speaking about it. Chad claimed that Tammy was physically "falling apart". Her coworkers would have noticed that, too. They noticed that she was distracted the day before she died.
MOO distracted by an affair being thrown in her face.

Thank you. I wonder why first page is not showing for me.

He'll be accusing the state of lip-reading next. :rolleyes:

He is just getting ridiculous with his baseless complaints and tweets. Complaining about papers sent to JP that he himself has not received, when he already had them months ago. Asking repeatedly for information about work product the state doesn't have to disclose. Asking for reconsideration of a previous judgement. If I were the judge I'd give him a warning to cease being vexatious and stop trying to increase publicity.

moo
If he stays on and if Lori is convicted of anything, she may end up having a case for Ineffective Counsel. I was worried about this early on but thought surely he’d be replaced.

If he stays on and if Lori is convicted of anything, she may end up having a case for Ineffective Counsel. I was worried about this early on but thought surely he’d be replaced.
I think he will be replaced, or supplemented with court appointed counsel, when murder charges come down the pipe.

I think he will be replaced, or supplemented with court appointed counsel, when murder charges come down the pipe.
Means went to the jail to stay with LV every day, and stayed all day. He is her lifeline and I doubt she willingly will make any change.
Being able to claim ineffective counsel later is a valid strategy, so I wonder what's to prevent an appeal like that in this case?

Last edited:
He went to the jail to stay with LV every day, and stayed all day. He is her lifeline and I doubt she willingly will make any change.
Being able to claim ineffective counsel later is a valid strategy, so I wonder what's to prevent an appeal like that in this case?
It could be her strategy, but it's not often successful.

Means went to the jail to stay with LV every day, and stayed all day. He is her lifeline and I doubt she willingly will make any change.
My husband and I discussed this the other day. We thought at some point the judge will recommend more experienced council and LVD could say no but then that could put an end to an appeal for ineffective council later on (this is all speculation and a huge hypothetical on our part we have zero inside information on what will happen in the future). Now I’m not sure how often that happens. Maybe someone more versed in court appointed council would know more on this.

All jmo moo imo

I’m just curious, but does this mean you’re saying Emma might potentially be involved in the death of her own mother and that the reason police would only agree to give her information from the report is if she came in for a formal on-the-record interview...? I think it’s one thing to acknowledge that law enforcement is playing “hardball” in an investigation but to think that she might actually be involved and that is a reason for how she’s speaking to CourtTV now seems like a real stretch to me,...but clearly JMO.

I don’t think she’s involved in the death of her mother. I do however think that she’s a young woman struggling with trying to figure out what all this means, the untimely and unexpected death of her mom, her dad running off with another woman and him in jail for months on end awaiting a serious trial. I think her somewhat explosive reaction to news reporters at her house previously, combined with some of her other online posting, and then seemingly a long silence to the public and the media until now speaks a lot to her state of mind. She’s trying to balance what the media says about her father vs. what she knew and what she thought she knew of her own dad from growing up with him. I can’t begin to imagine trying to balance all of that while continuing to contend with losing both parents, essentially, one to death & another to jail right now. This doesn’t mean I support her or think her actions and what she’s said in the past is ‘right’ or respectful or anything of the sort, but all I thought of that interview was someone who’s trying to figure out if the dad she knows is the same man the media is reporting him to be and all of that. I can’t imagine....but I don’t think this means she was involved in some way and that’s why police won’t give her more information because she’s some suspect on their radar...I don’t think I’ve ever thought that.
I agree, you are probably correct in your analysis of her point of view, but IMO it's not appropriate for police - or anyone who wants to see these crimes solved and convicted - to give potential witnesses in an unsolved multiple murder investigation, a free pass because the situation upsets them.

The fact that this daughter is complaining about the police investigation indicates to me, she has animosity towards them. IMO, the harsh truth is, tough luck dearie but murder is a very nasty wake up call, and no one gets to sleep in.

IMO, these crimes happened under the very noses of family members, and they should be fully cooperating with police, with everything they know, remember or noticed. If they are not cooperating, it could be because they know things, or noticed things, that they don't want police to know about, because those things could build the case against CD.

The only person I give a pass to, for not fully cooperating with police, is a suspect's mother. In my observation, LE don't go hard after a mother who is genuinely deluded in protecting her adult child. But I'm often alone in this opinion, and once it comes to a trial, a "see no evil, hear no evil" mother is often painted as black as the murderer, for appearing to have helped cover it up.

She’s likely his only client. I’d love to know who’s footing his bill. Her family?

If it eventually becomes a death penalty case, there will have to be a more qualified attorney added to the mix. If there are no murder charges brought, I’d hate to see her have a reason to appeal any other charges. Let’s face it, although I don’t think any of us like the idea of a serial killer walking around free, we may have to settle for her being sentenced on the present charges alone.

Respectfully snipped for focus

Speaking for myself, no I didn't notice any such signs. She was training for a 5K, not a marathon, but still that's a sign of some health, not what I would call "failing health"

Thank you for that observation, and for correcting my ignorant conflation of two different kinds of athletic events. It appears that Chad Daybell’s wife was murdered. How tragic this all is. I realize it has affected your entire community, too; also very sad.

Last edited:
At some point, you’d think a judge would call him into chambers for a little heart-to-heart. (“Son, do you really feel this is the best profession for you?”)

What he does not know, he’s learning. Maybe his zeal to represent her outweighs his lack of knowledge of the finer points in criminal law. That drive is better IMO than knowledge of procedure. The judge won’t allow him to make a fatal mistake. He’ll help him if he can.

What he does not know, he’s learning. Maybe his zeal to represent her outweighs his lack of knowledge of the finer points in criminal law. That drive is better IMO than knowledge of procedure. The judge won’t allow him to make a fatal mistake. He’ll help him if he can.
After this case, no matter when he exits, he'll tout himself as a criminal attorney. (IMO)

It could be her strategy, but it's not often successful.
True, it’s rare someone is granted an appeal based on ineffective council. But I’ve got to believe it’s also rare to have a criminal attorney make as many bonehead mistakes as Means has—mistakes that demonstrate he has no idea how a criminal case works. If the case wasn’t so tragic and implications of incompetence so severe it would be amusing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BanPokies1