Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *Arrests* #56

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Old article but VERY interesting IMO
Chad and Lori Daybell are awaiting their trials. Here's what could happen
Do you think Chad would turn on Lori?
Low: “Would it be advantageous for Chad to turn on Lori? That depends on whether Chad gets one hell of a deal cut by the prosecutor. But that is unlikely to happen because the charges he is facing right now are not that serious.”
The more likely scenario is that the prosecution will put pressure on both of them so that one will roll over on the other. Then, they can get murder charges filed because that is where they ultimately want this case to go.

ETA:
Cook says. “I remember before one of those meetings, she ran her fingers from her head down her body and said, ‘We’ll see if all of this is worth $1 million.'”
Woman speaks out after spending 4 days in jail alone with Lori Vallow Daybell - East Idaho News

Last edited:
See, I think that it is opposite. If they had the evidence, CD would be charged. The fact that there has not been any release of information about TD's autopsy, to me, means it was either inconclusive or nothing found.

TD has a lot of relatives, children, parents, siblings, that deserve to know if she had been murdered. INMO. The authorities can't just sit on that information for over a year or more...

I have to agree with you. I believe charges would have been filed by now if there was evidence via TD's autopsy.

jmo

I have to agree with you. I believe charges would have been filed by now if there was evidence via TD's autopsy.

jmo

They may be doing a grand jury proceeding for TD and even possibly the murder charges for the kids (speculation only). Grand Juries had been stopped but were allowed to start back up on March 1st, that may explain the delay in bringing more serious charges. MOO

Civil and criminal jury trials can resume in Idaho on March 1 | ktvb.com

ETA: Here's another article describing the grand jury process in Idaho, with the publicity this case is receiving there is far more incentive to use a grand jury because it is private, not like the public preliminary hearing we all watched when they were bound over to district court. With the fears that releasing information might contaminate a potential jury pool this is probably the most effective way. MOO

The role of grand juries in Idaho's criminal court system | Local News | idahopress.com

Last edited:
I'm still musing over the change of name motion made by Mark Means yesterday. I wonder why Judge Boyce did not at least make a public ruling on that yesterday. Did he rule on it while they were in the breakout room? It seems to me to be a relatively minor request - yes or no.

From East Idaho News: Mark Means filed a motion explaining his client married Chad Daybell on Nov. 5, 2019 in Hawaii and “under the conflicts of laws and ‘Full Faith and Credit Clause’ of the United States Constitution, states must recognize common-law marriages when such marriage is valid in a sister state.

So what is the hangup on this, I wonder?

A commentator who I've never heard of before, speculated it was perhaps because of the number of aliases Lori was using and the name on the marriage certificate did not match her actual legal name? He admitted it was a technicality.

I was looking around last night on hawaii.gov for how to get married in Hawaii and came across another possible technicality:

If previously married, proof of original divorce decree or death certificate needs to be presented to the marriage agent by the applicant if the divorce or death was final within 30 days of applying for a marriage license.
Marriage Licenses

I'm reading this as: an official document showing that a previous marriage was legally dissolved needed to be filed with Hawaii within 30 days of applying for a marriage license.

Or, does this mean that if you have only been divorced or widowed within the last 30 days, you need to bring your divorce decree or death certificate when you apply for the license?

Either way, I wonder if Chad and Lori bothered to do that, and if not, is it enough of a technicality to void their marriage?

To me, this is a clue that a separation of some kind is coming, that it was initiated by John Prior, and objected to by Mark Means. JMO

I am by no means an expert but I do recall reading something early on that it was important for Lori to be recognized as Mrs Daybell. I dont remember if it was because of the 144,000 or not but I remember reading it. I just searched to see if I could find it to no avail. If I recall correctly it was about their religion and for no other reason. Imo

When someone saids Common Law Marriage, I always think of two people living together for so many years as husband and wife, but no legal ceremony took place. This is recognized by some but not all states. Hawaii’s ruling below.

So there is something about the marriage being legal.....maybe LV never brought her divorce papers alongs with her, husbands death certificate and CD did not being his wife’s death certificate. Some areas it takes up to a month to get a death certificate....so did CD have that yet on Tammy?!

There is no common law marriage in Hawaii but Hawaii does recognize as a marriageany common law marriage originating in and recognized in another state or country isvalid in this state.

Common Law Marriage - Diehl and Weger Attorneys at Law

When someone saids Common Law Marriage, I always think of two people living together for so many years as husband and wife, but no legal ceremony took place. This is recognized by some but not all states. Hawaii’s ruling below.

So there is something about the marriage being legal.....maybe LV never brought her divorce papers alongs with her, husbands death certificate and CD did not being his wife’s death certificate. Some areas it takes up to a month to get a death certificate....so did CD have that yet on Tammy?!

There is no common law marriage in Hawaii but Hawaii does recognize as a marriageany common law marriage originating in and recognized in another state or country isvalid in this state.

Common Law Marriage - Diehl and Weger Attorneys at Law

That was my first impression, too, that a common-law marriage is where a couple presents as Mr. and Mrs. to the community for a long period of time without being legally married, and eventually the marriage is recognized as legal.

But I believe the term in the Full Faith and Credit Clause in the Constitution just refers to a marriage recognized under the common laws of the state.

Apparently it is used in Family law, and I notice that Mark Means often appeals to Constitutional law. Maybe it is another example of him misapplying a law? I just find it mysterious.

I'm still musing over the change of name motion made by Mark Means yesterday. I wonder why Judge Boyce did not at least make a public ruling on that yesterday. Did he rule on it while they were in the breakout room? It seems to me to be a relatively minor request - yes or no.

From East Idaho News: Mark Means filed a motion explaining his client married Chad Daybell on Nov. 5, 2019 in Hawaii and “under the conflicts of laws and ‘Full Faith and Credit Clause’ of the United States Constitution, states must recognize common-law marriages when such marriage is valid in a sister state.

So what is the hangup on this, I wonder?

A commentator who I've never heard of before, speculated it was perhaps because of the number of aliases Lori was using and the name on the marriage certificate did not match her actual legal name? He admitted it was a technicality.

I was looking around last night on hawaii.gov for how to get married in Hawaii and came across another possible technicality:

If previously married, proof of original divorce decree or death certificate needs to be presented to the marriage agent by the applicant if the divorce or death was final within 30 days of applying for a marriage license.
Marriage Licenses

I'm reading this as: an official document showing that a previous marriage was legally dissolved needed to be filed with Hawaii within 30 days of applying for a marriage license.

Or, does this mean that if you have only been divorced or widowed within the last 30 days, you need to bring your divorce decree or death certificate when you apply for the license?

Either way, I wonder if Chad and Lori bothered to do that, and if not, is it enough of a technicality to void their marriage?

To me, this is a clue that a separation of some kind is coming, that it was initiated by John Prior, and objected to by Mark Means. JMO

I don’t know about other States but when my sister passed in Texas it took a couple months for my brother in law to get the death certificate. That was before Covid. She passed away after surgery. It just took time.

I’m sure each State is different but I am also sure CD didn’t possess a death certificate for Tammy when they jetted off to Hawaii. JMO.

As suggested by another poster, maybe Lori didn’t have a death certificate with her for CV either.

It would have looked creepy for them to appear with death certificates when both spouses had died within a year, in my opinion. It does happen but still.

Both of them should be charged with murder. I hope it is coming but I think charges would have already been filed. Maybe a grand jury is considering it after all. We can hope.

Old article but VERY interesting IMO
Chad and Lori Daybell are awaiting their trials. Here's what could happen
Do you think Chad would turn on Lori?
Low: “Would it be advantageous for Chad to turn on Lori? That depends on whether Chad gets one hell of a deal cut by the prosecutor. But that is unlikely to happen because the charges he is facing right now are not that serious.”
The more likely scenario is that the prosecution will put pressure on both of them so that one will roll over on the other. Then, they can get murder charges filed because that is where they ultimately want this case to go.

ETA:
Cook says. “I remember before one of those meetings, she ran her fingers from her head down her body and said, ‘We’ll see if all of this is worth $1 million.'”
Woman speaks out after spending 4 days in jail alone with Lori Vallow Daybell - East Idaho News
The article from the old cell mate--YIKES
LVD certainly is delusional and full of herself.

The latest musings here about the marriage certificate are interesting. This case certainly has lots of nuances.

But what would be a legal reason for caring if Chad and Lori are married? They already can testify against each other due to the charges. So why does it matter (legally)? This is where I’m stumped.

The latest musings here about the marriage certificate are interesting. This case certainly has lots of nuances.

But what would be a legal reason for caring if Chad and Lori are married? They already can testify against each other due to the charges. So why does it matter (legally)? This is where I’m stumped.

I think LVD wants to USE her Daybell marriage to say she was following her -new normal- in Chad’s world, cult, religion. She may take the stance she was married to thus brain washed by Chad. No other choice.
There must be an urgency to marry your -perceived MATE- in this cult journey. I say this because other people in her family made -sharp marriage moves- also ...IE: the niece, Alex...

MOO

I wouldn’t be surprised if the reason’s not a legal one, rather Mean’s strong desire to please Lori and/or avoid a hissy fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaastrichtDetective