Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *Arrests* #56

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This raises the question for me, why did the FBI release all that info about AC's phone? Seems to me it does potentially prejudice the case. Similarly, MG's testimony. Perhaps someone on here knows?

The FBI really didn't release the info on AC's phone, the public was able to hear about some of that evidence because it led to the discovery of the children and was used to press charges against CD and LV. I bet that there is substantially more information based on the hints we've gotten from the discovery. MOO

This raises the question for me, why did the FBI release all that info about AC's phone? Seems to me it does potentially prejudice the case. Similarly, MG's testimony. Perhaps someone on here knows?
Does evidence prejudice a case or prove a case?

Evidence that led to the children's bodies and probable cause for the conspiracy charges.

Good point, cellphone records will be important to all the cases. Perhaps they were already using burner phones, though.

Lori (openly) had a ton of burner phones.
Yeah well, Sheriff’s analyst Myra Simmons testified in Mark Sievers trial.
Her charts of burner phone activity, towers,times, connection, bam !
The defense could not put a dent in it either.
She nailed it!
F110E20F-F063-4949-8262-202311FE159F.jpeg

MOO

“We have prayed for the truth to come to light, but we never thought it would look like this," she wrote. "Tylee and J.J. are completely irreplaceable in our family... There are no words that can capture this loss. Words are just inadequate... Our family will never be the same."

As of now, no murder charges have been filed against either Lori Vallow or Chad Daybell.

However, Vallow has pleaded not guilty to two felony charges of conspiracy to commit destruction, alteration or concealment of evidence. If convicted, each charge carries a maximum sentence of five years in prison.

"Mrs. Vallow is entitled to all the privileges and rights that accompany our cornerstone belief of innocents, until proven beyond a reasonable doubt otherwise," her lawyer Mark Means said in a March 2020 statement. "Mrs. Vallow is guaranteed access to a fair and impartial legal process."

"In the coming days we look forward to the opportunity to work through the Court system to bring a resolution to this matter."

Daybell has pleaded not guilty to two felony counts of destruction, alteration or concealment of evidence. If convicted, each charge carries a maximum sentence of five years in prison.

Chad Daybell and Lori Vallow's next court date is March 22, as their team moves to dismiss the charges, as well as to change venue. The couple's cases have been joined by the court.
A string of family deaths surround tragedy of Lori Vallow's children

It is so strange that Lori is now being called "Mrs. Vallow" by her own attorney. When she was first charged in Idaho, I recall her then-counsel requesting that she be referred to as "Mrs. Daybell". Did I miss something huge? What has changed that she prefers her previous surname now? Is this a tactic to distance her actions and motivations from CD's?

Local update: MM is at the women’s detention center today

Thank you for the daily report, SleuthD! :D At this point, the real news will be when he doesn't show up like clockwork some day. :rolleyes:

It is so strange that Lori is now being called "Mrs. Vallow" by her own attorney. When she was first charged in Idaho, I recall her then-counsel requesting that she be referred to as "Mrs. Daybell". Did I miss something huge? What has changed that she prefers her previous surname now? Is this a tactic to distance her actions and motivations from CD's?

I've asked the same question and it's super bizarre to me. JP made sure to distance CD and MM initially requested to be called Daybell. Where did that all go and why???

They even pointed out that acting weird wasn't a felony.
Neither is walking around with bloody clothes and powder burns on your hands. Or entering a building with gasoline, kindling and a blow torch. Short of catching someone in the act, I wonder if there’s any behavior they’d consider investigating. Heck, if someone caught in the act gave them a story, giggled and flipped their hair they might tell them to go home and have a nice day. I don’t know if CPD officers are lazy, stupid or corrupt but they must be at least one and possibly a combination of all three. IMO the press and citizens of Chandler should be screaming at the top of their lungs. But, oddly no one seems to mind.

I've asked the same question and it's super bizarre to me. JP made sure to distance CD and MM initially requested to be called Daybell. Where did that all go and why???
I’m guessing she never legally changed her name and legally she’s still Mrs. (Ms.?) Vallow. I don’t think you get to be called whatever you want in a court of law, but I could be wrong.

I’m guessing she never legally changed her name and legally she’s still Mrs. (Ms.?) Vallow. I don’t think you get to be called whatever you want in a court of law, but I could be wrong.
Yes, change of name means going through lots of government paperwork that gets mailed to you, and she wasn't leaving forwarding addresses.

MO, the attorneys are trying to make sure there is no confusion on who did what acts. Each of them are drawing a line of distinction as to what roles their mutual defendants played. Their cases have been joined, but surely each contributed in ways unlike the other one did.

I've been just checking in here and there and have a question or two. Does the state that they are being tried in have a law where a spouse is not forced to testify against the other spouse? Are they going to be tried as co-defendants or is there going to be two juries and each tried separately during the trial?

Yes, change of name means going through lots of government paperwork that gets mailed to you, and she wasn't leaving forwarding addresses.

Not so sure about that. When you have a marriage certificate, registered in the state you were married, that is your new legal name.

Although, I don't know...I am married, but never changed anything to my married name.

I've been just checking in here and there and have a question or two. Does the state that they are being tried in have a law where a spouse is not forced to testify against the other spouse? Are they going to be tried as co-defendants or is there going to be two juries and each tried separately during the trial?

No spousal privileges involving children.

2nd part I don't know

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member