Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *Arrests* #57

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Chad's "we've been married before" pick up line on the Friday night they met followed by more convoluted mumbo jumbo
Next on the timeline was Chad's email to Lori at the end of October in which he rated her family members light and dark. Tylee and her father had the two darkest ratings.

Insurance company lawyer here. An insurer has to pay out if they can't prove complicity. There are contractual (and often statutory) timelines to pay a claim. But trust me, that doesn't prevent an insurance company from continuing their investigation and it is possible that some of that investigation will provide evidence that not only the prosecution can use to bring these charges, but the insurance company will use to recover. Some of the insurance company's special investigators are way skilled at finding out the truth - and it is kind of fitting that fraud charges are laid here. Love it. We may never know how the critical information was found - but I trust my investigators and I suspect they were not only supportive of LE but instrumental in the charges being laid. So proud of those people who uncovered the truth - and so very thankful this is going forward! It is just and fair that they be held accountable for what they have done.

Interesting! So while we've been so puzzled as to why the insurance would pay out in such a seemingly suspicous death, once again (because I've seen this over and over again) we didn't know what we didn't know. Insurance company was most likely deep into this investigation. Just because we don't know it, doesn't mean it isn't happening.

Insurance company lawyer here. An insurer has to pay out if they can't prove complicity. There are contractual (and often statutory) timelines to pay a claim. But trust me, that doesn't prevent an insurance company from continuing their investigation and it is possible that some of that investigation will provide evidence that not only the prosecution can use to bring these charges, but the insurance company will use to recover. Some of the insurance company's special investigators are way skilled at finding out the truth - and it is kind of fitting that fraud charges are laid here. Love it. We may never know how the critical information was found - but I trust my investigators and I suspect they were not only supportive of LE but instrumental in the charges being laid. So proud of those people who uncovered the truth - and so very thankful this is going forward! It is just and fair that they be held accountable for what they have done.

The digital trail will always get you in the end. Back during the preliminary hearings, listening to the information they presented...there's a lot more coming behind it, IMO. In the world of infosec, it was always a question of "can we prove this person was behind the keyboard?" The way we did that was exactly what they described in the prelim hearing...it's behavior. Humans are creatures of habit. This trial is going to be quite interesting.

But, I'm with others here tonight - many of us suspected all of the things for which they have now been charged. That's cold comfort, however, as there's still three innocent people dead and CB's children/grandchildren who now have the ugly truth in front of them.

Pippersand, Thank you very much for this information. How can the insurance company get back any monies if the accused spent it all? Between Hawaii and the lawyers, what could be left? I don’t know what Idaho’s law is on book sales or movie rights, if the accused can get money for them, but if so can the insurance go after that money?

Thank your investigators for all their hard work….and you too.

IF either Chad or Lori turn on each other, would that require 2 separate trials? If they don’t tune on each other I can see the trial going ahead together, even though one may not want it.

IF others people are charged in the murders or planning, would they get their own separate trial or all thrown together. I am thinking separate…..except for Chad and Lori because they are husband and wife….related.

thanks.

What if the state has enough information for conviction and isn't prepared to make a deal with one of the defendants? Who can initiate/accept a deal in the first place? IIRC, Rob Wood indicated that a deal could entail taking the death penalty off the table in exchange for information (confession?), not getting 10 years for 3 murders.

Last edited:
What amazes me about this sad story is how long they got away with it.

Lori and Alex murder Charles. Then Tammy and the kids get murdered one by one, and this idiotic duo do a runner to Hawaii. But none of this was clever or well concealed.

The brazenness of it is striking. But no one was putting 2 and 2 together until the grandparents missed the kids, and eventually they could not hide the fact that the kids were missing. But even then, it took many more months which they spent lying to everyone.

I just don't get that part. How can your kids simply go missing from the face of the earth, and you are not sat down in a police station ASAP with the FBI until you can account for their whereabouts?

Very strange case.

Last edited:
What if the state has enough information for conviction and isn't prepared to make a deal with one of the defendants? Who can initiate/accept a deal in the first place? IIRC, Rob Wood indicated that a deal could entail taking the death penalty off the table in exchange for information (confession?), not getting 10 years for 3 murders.

I don't see that the state will offer a deal so to speak. One of the accused might plead guilty to avoid trial, but the incentives on each side are more to go to trial IMO.

The dimwitted duo will try to pin the murders on Alex and hope to go down only on the lesser charges,

I think that is why conspiracy is in there. I've always maintained that even if Alex was the primary killer in each case (likely IMO), they can still go down as active parties in the conspiracy.

Nate Eaton really really deserves a special kind of justice seeking journalistic award.
His tireless pursuit of 'where's the kids Lori??" is at the end of the day the creator of ground swell of pressure on LE to get the show on the road.

#nateeaton dog with a bone
#stand up quality investigative journalism!
#true hero of rexburg

moo

I agree.

it is one of the amazing aspects of the case that the kids were simply missing, and Tammy was dead in suspicious circumstances, and they do a runner and get married, and somehow law enforcement was not all over this much sooner?

I agree.

it is one of the amazing aspects of the case that the kids were simply missing, and Tammy was dead in suspicious circumstances, and they do a runner and get married, and somehow law enforcement was not all over this much sooner?
LE were onto Lori and Chad in Hawaii before Nate and they allowed him to confront the couple after they were done with them that day (stopping them and searching their car). I think the police were aware of their whereabouts earlier than we thought. Media outlets were tipped off by members of the public, too.

Wednesday, May 26th:
*Arraignment Hearing for both (@ 11am for Chad & 11:30am for Lori MT) – ID – Joshua Jaxon (JJ) Vallow (7) & Tylee Ashlyn Ryan (16) (JJ last seen Sept. 23, 2019 & Tylee on Sept. 9, 2019, Rexburg; found June 9, 2019 buried in Daybell’s yard in Salem, ID) – *Chad Guy Daybell (51/now 52) arrested & charged (6/9/20) & arraigned (8/21/20) with 2 felony counts of destruction, alteration or concealment of evidence & concealing remains. Plead not guilty. $1M bond. Fremont County
*Charged (7/1/20) & arraigned (8/21/20) with 2 felony counts of conspiracy to commit concealment, destruction or alteration of evidence. Plead not guilty. Bond stays at $1M. Fremont County
*Indicted (5/25/21) with Count 1 (for Tylee): Conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder & grand theft by deception (for Daybell, Vallow & Alex Cox) & other co-conspirators. Count 2 (for Tylee): 1st degree murder. Count 3 (for JJ): Conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder & grand theft by deception. Count 4(for JJ): 1st degree murder. Count 5 (for Tammy): Conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder. Count 6 (for Tammy): Chad only: 1st Degree murder. Count 7: Lori only: Grand theft (related to social security survivor benefits allocated for the care of minors Tylee & JJ). Count 8 & 9: Chad only: Insurance Fraud (Two counts of insurance fraud related to life insurance policies he had on Tammy Daybell).
Trial was set to begin 7/12/21 has been vacated.
Grand Jury convened from May 17 to May 20 re JJ Vallow, Tylee Ryan & Tammy Daybell.

Court info from 6/10/20 thru 5/18/21 reference post #735 here:
Found Deceased - ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *Arrests* #57

5/19/21 Update: Grand jury day 3 continues on 5/20/21. Motions hearing on 6/9/21.
5/25/21 Update: Daybell & Vallow indicted by Grand jury on the deaths Tammy Daybell, Tylee Ryan & JJ Vallow. Count 1 (for Tylee): Conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder & grand theft by deception (for Daybell, Vallow & Alex Cox) & other co-conspirators. Count 2 (for Tylee): 1st degree murder. Count 3 (for JJ): Conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder & grand theft by deception. Count 4(for JJ): 1st degree murder. Count 5 (for Tammy): Conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder. Count 6 (for Tammy): Chad only: 1st Degree murder. Count 7: Lori only: Grand theft (related to social security survivor benefits allocated for the care of minors Tylee & JJ). Count 8 & 9: Chad only: Insurance Fraud (Two counts of insurance fraud related to life insurance policies he had on Tammy Daybell). Arraignment hearing 5/26/21 @ 11am for Chad & 11:30am for Lori.

*Lori Norene Vallow aka Lori Norene Daybell (46/now 47) arrested (in Kauai, Hawaii) on 2/20/20 & charged (6/30/20) & arraigned (9/20/20) with 2 counts of conspiracy to commit destruction, alteration or concealment of evidence. Bond was set at $5M & reduced to $1M. Fremont County
Trial was set to begin on 7/12/21 has been vacated.
Grand Jury convened from May 17 to May 20 re JJ Vallow, Tylee Ryan & Tammy Daybell.
*Indicted (5/25/21) with Count 1 (for Tylee): Conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder & grand theft by deception (for Daybell, Vallow & Alex Cox) & other co-conspirators. Count 2 (for Tylee): 1st degree murder. Count 3 (for JJ): Conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder & grand theft by deception. Count 4(for JJ): 1st degree murder. Count 5 (for Tammy): Conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder. Count 6 (for Tammy): Chad only: 1st Degree murder. Count 7: Lori only: Grand theft (related to social security survivor benefits allocated for the care of minors Tylee & JJ). Count 8 & 9: Chad only: Insurance Fraud (Two counts of insurance fraud related to life insurance policies he had on Tammy Daybell).
Court info from 3/5/20 thru 5/18/21 reference post #735 here:
Found Deceased - ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *Arrests* #57

5/19/21 Update: Grand jury continues on 5/20/21. Motion hearing on 6/9/21. 5/17/21: Order finding indigent. 5/25/21: The latest filing from Mark Means in the Vallow case. There is a subpoena for Melanie Gibb for a lengthy list of items that range from texts, recordings & talks of "burner" phones from January 1, 2019 to present & another date of January 1, 2017 to present. Any & all news, journalists and/or reporters (list included). A certificate of service shows Gibb received the document last Wednesday, 5/19/21. See: CA22-20-0838.pdf
5/25/21 Update: Daybell & Vallow indicted by Grand jury on the deaths Tammy Daybell, Tylee Ryan & JJ Vallow. Count 1 (for Tylee): Conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder & grand theft by deception (for Daybell, Vallow & Alex Cox) & other co-conspirators. Count 2 (for Tylee): 1st degree murder. Count 3 (for JJ): Conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder & grand theft by deception. Count 4 (for JJ): 1st degree murder. Count 5 (for Tammy): Conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder. Count 6 (for Tammy): Chad only: 1st Degree murder. Count 7: Lori only: Grand theft (related to social security survivor benefits allocated for the care of minors Tylee & JJ). Count 8 & 9: Chad only: Insurance Fraud (Two counts of insurance fraud related to life insurance policies he had on Tammy Daybell). Arraignment hearing 5/26/21 @ 11am for Chad & 11:30am for Lori.
*Madison County: Pretrial conference hearing on 8/17/21 & trial set to begin on 8/30/21 (thru 9/3/21 @ 9am).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member