Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *Arrests* #57

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I missed the gruesome pictures of the kids, what is that about? TIA

The prosecution could show pictures of Tylee and JJ, when they were discovered, autopsy photos, to show how "evidence" of a crime was concealed/tampered with.

LVD is only charged with "Conspiracy to commit a crime". So the pictures of Tylee and JJ, post mortem have no relevance to her charges.

I am hoping that federal charges would also be pending for LVD regarding fraud, for collecting Social Security benefits for JJ and Tylee when they were dead. Charge her with everything possible.

The prosecution could show pictures of Tylee and JJ, when they were discovered, autopsy photos, to show how "evidence" of a crime was concealed/tampered with.

LVD is only charged with "Conspiracy to commit a crime". So the pictures of Tylee and JJ, post mortem have no relevance to her charges.

I am hoping that federal charges would also be pending for LVD regarding fraud, for collecting Social Security benefits for JJ and Tylee when they were dead. Charge her with everything possible.
I don’t understand why the DA hasn’t brought more charges for both Lori and Chad.

She is charged with Conspiracy to Destroy, Alter or Conceal Evidence to wit the bodies of the children. Any pictures of said evidence and their destruction, alteration or concealment are absolutely relevant!

She is charged with Conspiracy to Destroy, Alter or Conceal Evidence to wit the bodies of the children. Any pictures of said evidence and their destruction, alteration or concealment are absolutely relevant!

I agree with you, but consider the difference between "destroy, alter, or conceal evidence", with "conspiracy to destroy, alter or conceal evidence".

I think this scenario was offered as a possibility as to why Lori, with only the conspiracy charge against her, would be better off fighting that charge on her own, and not the active charge of destroying, altering, or concealing that Chad has in addition to the conspiracy or planning part.

The idea was put forth as an example, that pictures of that nature could be ruled prejudicial against Lori, if she actually didn't participate in the act of destroying and concealing; and a questioning of why Mark Means wanted the cases to remain joined when it would not be of benefit to his client.

I agree with you, but consider the difference between "destroy, alter, or conceal evidence", with "conspiracy to destroy, alter or conceal evidence".

I think this scenario was offered as a possibility as to why Lori, with only the conspiracy charge against her, would be better off fighting that charge on her own, and not the active charge of destroying, altering, or concealing that Chad has in addition to the conspiracy or planning part.

The idea was put forth as an example, that pictures of that nature could be ruled prejudicial against Lori, if she actually didn't participate in the act of destroying and concealing; and a questioning of why Mark Means wanted the cases to remain joined when it would not be of benefit to his client.

In order to have a conspiracy charge, there must be an underlying crime. Therefore, the state would have to prove that there is an underlying crime first, then prove the act of conspiracy. I don't see any way out of it.

Section 18-1701 – Idaho State Legislature

MOO The storage area footage shows concealing for both CD and LD..

Scott Reisch's response to the trial being pushed back:

If the attorneys don’t think they will be ready they need to 1) stop taking other cases or 2) get some associates to help!

The public has a right to a speedy trial as well!

https://twitter.com/CrimeTalkPod/status/1379905287620993024

He's been aggravated by all of the motions, discovery, etc...in that there keeps being individual hearings rather than setting a couple deadlines to hash out everything. I don't blame him.

Quite frankly, that's on the judge and I think many feel he needs to pull in the reins

Excerpts from Scott Reisch's latest commentary:

"Most homicide cases are tried in a year. "

"That (Lori and Chad's) trial should have been done on the first setting within 6 months."

"The more time that the defense is giving the prosecution to get ready certainly doesn't help the defense."

"I really liked judge Boyce, but I'm starting to wonder if he has what it takes to really move this case along."

More at:
How Long Will we have to Wait to Schedule a Lori Vallow MEETING?!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member