ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, Tylee Ryan, 16, Tammy Daybell, 49, Charles Vallow, 62, Oct 2019 *Arrests* #66

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Snipped for focus.

I didn't notice this part earlier but where has JP stated he wouldn't have adequate time to prepare for the trial? I don't recall him making many comments in general since the scheduling hearing. At that point, the state wanted Sept. 2023 and JP wanted Oct. 2022. He saw no reason he couldn't be ready to go at that point and if I recall correctly, it was more time than he thought he'd even need. Obviously, everything on the LV side changes his strategy but I just don't recall him making arguments that he wouldn't be able to be able to be ready by trial. My assumption is that he's pivoted his strategy based on several JB rulings and LV situation with speedy trial. A continuance would obviously change the landscape in this case.
I was speaking more recently so I understand the confusion.
From his Motion from last week @ https://coi.isc.idaho.gov/docs/case/CR22211623/092722 Motion to Continue.pdf

Quotes -
“Mr. Chad Daybell, by and through his undersigned attorney, respectfully submits the following motion to vacate the current trial date due to the substantial amount of trial investigation
and preparation and significant amount of discovery not provided to defense still outstanding

and

The prosecution has recently made a request for additional DNA testing, and several discovery items still have not been turned over to the defense. Though the prosecution has no less than five attorneys working on this case—five times the manpower of undersigned counsel—they have not yet complied with their discovery obligations.”

I think he was previously he was operating the assumption and hope that the State would be following their legal and ethical obligations and would have turned everything they had over by now.

The books, and movies made about LVD and CD have been sub-par so far, INMO. It seems like they were quickly put together, with haphazard information. More like a quick "money grab". With people who knew them, carefully identified as "former friend" of LVD or CD.

Hopefully, Lori Hollis, or someone who knows the case, and does more background will do a better job.

Of course, part of the problem with these "quick" books, is that there hasn't been a trial yet, or any outcome on the story. With a comprehensive, complete review of evidence presented by prosecution and defense.

That is what was good about Joe McGinnis book, "Fatal Vision" about Jeffrey McDonald. Even though, a lot of people were not impressed with the book, it fairly represented all of the evidence from the trial.

The books, and movies made about LVD and CD have been sub-par so far, INMO. It seems like they were quickly put together, with haphazard information. More like a quick "money grab". With people who knew them, carefully identified as "former friend" of LVD or CD.

Hopefully, Lori Hollis, or someone who knows the case, and does more background will do a better job.

Of course, part of the problem with these "quick" books, is that there hasn't been a trial yet, or any outcome on the story. With a comprehensive, complete review of evidence presented by prosecution and defense.

That is what was good about Joe McGinnis book, "Fatal Vision" about Jeffrey McDonald. Even though, a lot of people were not impressed with the book, it fairly represented all of the evidence from the trial.
Leah Sottile's book When the moon turns to blood received positive reviews, because the author is an expert on fringe ideologies.

Whether you like him, hate him or are indifferent to him, I felt this was an interesting one

Scott Reisch thinks that now it would be a good time for JP to quit the case and leave the job to a death-qualified public defender. Also, JP is willing to start the trial in January if death penalty is taken off the table. Perhaps he's hoping to get Chad 20 years and get him out after 10.

LVD’s attorneys filed ‘MOTION T0 CONTINUE TRIAL, T0 TOLL TIME LIMITS, AND T0 STAY CASE’ on 9/30

Filing attached below

Attachments

• D9BBEA69-72C1-4EC7-A7CD-55884E76A08C.jpeg
    D9BBEA69-72C1-4EC7-A7CD-55884E76A08C.jpeg
    81.9 KB · Views: 19
  • 05706CA0-513C-43B0-BC81-709C54DD7EB5.jpeg
    05706CA0-513C-43B0-BC81-709C54DD7EB5.jpeg
    58.5 KB · Views: 20
It is 2022. The flavor of the year, ( IMO ) in the current US court systems is to behave like a fruit loop.

See: Lori Vallow Daybell (Murdered her two children )
Leticia Stauch ( Murdered her stepson )
Darrell Brooks (Christmas parade massacre, Waukesha)

In light of this news today & thinking about another potential delay for the trial, I wanted to mention this again. This is ignoring, for sake of argument, all the potential incompetent to proceed stuff and just focusing on the preparation for the actual trial.

July 2021 - Prior filed Motion for Grand Jury transcript.
August 2021 - Court ordered that GJ transcript get prepared and given to Defense

September 29, 2022 - Prior files ANOTHER Motion for the GJ transcript. (It’s one part of his argument as to why/how he cannot prepare for a January trial)

Why does the defense still not have that? We are looking at a little over one year from the Order to when he has said he still doesn’t have it. I’m just concerned, if the Court forces the trial for January, and the Defense gets the transcript dumped on them last-minute that seems like another check for a future appeal. I just don’t understand.

Is there an article that states Chad is turning against Lori? I missed it. Thanks.

Seconding this. I thought some people were reading between the lines after the latest Motion to Sever; not sure if that was explicitly stated. I did see his attorney’s argument for needing more time as he was still waiting Discovery materials, that more time was needed to interview and investigate potential witnesses the State might call, that he planned to introduce evidence and/or theories regarding Alex Cox and his relationship to Lori, etc.

If someone can point us to where it’s been reported that he is flipping on her I would also appreciate it. I too may have missed that. TIA.

Is there an article that states Chad is turning against Lori? I missed it. Thanks.

My comment/opinion was in reference to this..
:cool:

In a motion to sever, Prior argued that having Chad Daybell tried with Lori Daybell would deprive his client of his constitutional right to present a complete defense. Prior said he plans to introduce “prior bad acts of both Ms. Vallow and Alex Cox (Lori Daybell’s deceased brother), as well as evidence regarding their relationship and the death of Mr. Cox.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member