ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, Tylee Ryan, 16, Tammy Daybell, 49, Charles Vallow, 62, Oct 2019 *Arrests* #66

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
On and on and on we go! Severing the case is going to cost more money for 2 trials. Its time JP moved on outta there and let someone else take his place. Why is he on his own as defence? I thought it was usual to have two in the team.

On and on and on we go! Severing the case is going to cost more money for 2 trials. Its time JP moved on outta there and let someone else take his place. Why is he on his own as defence? I thought it was usual to have two in the team.
because Chad cannot afford two lawyers? IDK, JP seems to be doing a good job at making sure this case is not going anywhere soon.

'Seems that if the cases keep getting postponed and neither party objects to postponement/delays, and no one objects to the fact Prior isn't DP qualified (and the judge doesn't appear to have a problem with it)... there is actually very little justice taking place. jm (obviously biased) o

'Seems that if the cases keep getting postponed and neither party objects to postponement/delays, and no one objects to the fact Prior isn't DP qualified (and the judge doesn't appear to have a problem with it)... there is actually very little justice taking place. jm (obviously biased) o
Isn't it because he is retained by Chad that he does not need to have death penalty experience? I am trying to dredge the back of my brain for this information as I know that we have discussed it before. I suppose if and when Chad runs out of money, or it is deemed that JP can't do the job, a publice defender (suitably qualified) will be appointed (leading to more delay). Perhaps thats the plan?

Short Version of the post below. If you would like to donate to our volunteer moderator staff please do so at Pay Websleuths.com using PayPal.Me
Our Venmo name is @Tricia-Griffith-14
Our cash app name is $tgrif14
Be sure and put "For the mods" in the message.

Hi Everyone,
Forgive me for interrupting but this is important. Please do not post questions about this post on this thread. Go to THIS THREAD to ask questions.

Let me get down to it and simply say without the moderators at Websleuths we would not be here.
Especially on this thread. The JJ and Tylee discussion would be a mess without the mods!

Websleuths would either go dark or just be another flame-throwing, childish name-calling, discussion platform without our moderators.
The mods are all volunteers and they work around the clock making sure Websleuths is a great place to post about true crime.
It's time we show our appreciation.
If you can donate even a dollar to our moderators for their hard work I would really appreciate it. Use PayPal at Pay Websleuths.com using PayPal.Me
Our Venmo name is @Tricia-Griffith-14
Our cash app name is $tgrif14
Be sure and put "For the mods" in the message.

We understand if you cannot make a donation. If you could please leave a word of encouragement to our mods on this thread that is worth its weight in gold.

Websleuths.com will always be free for members. If you like to read at Websleuths because of the incredible work of our members please know the reason our members are able to do what they do is because of our dedicated volunteer moderator staff.

This video explains what the moderators do every day to keep Websleuths the most respected true crime discussion forum on the Internet.

Pay Websleuths.com using PayPal.Me

Thank you,

Tricia Griffith Owner/Websleuths.com

Isn't it because he is retained by Chad that he does not need to have death penalty experience? I am trying to dredge the back of my brain for this information as I know that we have discussed it before. I suppose if and when Chad runs out of money, or it is deemed that JP can't do the job, a publice defender (suitably qualified) will be appointed (leading to more delay). Perhaps thats the plan?

Everything you said sounds right to me.

ST. ANTHONY — Chad Daybell’s defense will be “diametrically” different from his wife’s, and their trials should be held separately, his attorney says.

Chad and Lori Vallow Daybell are charged with multiple counts of first-degree murder and conspiracy to commit murder for the deaths of 7-year-old Joshua “JJ” Vallow and 16-year-old Tylee Ryan – two of Lori’s kids – along with Chad’s previous wife, Tammy Daybell.

Their death penalty cases are conjoined, but during a hearing with District Judge Steven Boyce at the Fremont County Courthouse on Thursday morning, John Prior, Chad’s attorney, argued they need to be severed.

“Our version of the facts of this case will differ greatly from what Ms. Vallow and her legal counsel are going to be presenting,” Prior said. “Our defense is diametrically different than Ms. Vallow’s, and the cases need to be separated.”

Wearing a white shirt and dark red tie, Chad sat silently next to Prior for the hour-long hearing. Boyce did not allow cameras in the courtroom. A few members of the public and several Rexburg Police and Fremont County Sheriff detectives observed proceedings.

The hearing was scheduled after Prior filed a lengthy motion to sever in September.

“There is a significant amount of information in this case, and the result could be the defendant is put to death. Given the severity of consequences, the courts and federal courts have made it a habit to sever capital cases,” Prior argued.

Prior mentioned that Chad has waived his right to a speedy trial while Lori has not. Her case is on hold until her mental competency can be determined. A hearing was held on that issue Wednesday afternoon, but it’s unknown what occurred as proceedings were sealed.....

...The judge said he will consider the motion to sever and issue a written order at a later date. Both Chad and Lori have pleaded not guilty to all charges. A trial date has not been set.

ST. ANTHONY — Chad Daybell’s defense will be “diametrically” different from his wife’s, and their trials should be held separately, his attorney says.

Chad and Lori Vallow Daybell are charged with multiple counts of first-degree murder and conspiracy to commit murder for the deaths of 7-year-old Joshua “JJ” Vallow and 16-year-old Tylee Ryan – two of Lori’s kids – along with Chad’s previous wife, Tammy Daybell.

Their death penalty cases are conjoined, but during a hearing with District Judge Steven Boyce at the Fremont County Courthouse on Thursday morning, John Prior, Chad’s attorney, argued they need to be severed.

“Our version of the facts of this case will differ greatly from what Ms. Vallow and her legal counsel are going to be presenting,” Prior said. “Our defense is diametrically different than Ms. Vallow’s, and the cases need to be separated.”

Wearing a white shirt and dark red tie, Chad sat silently next to Prior for the hour-long hearing. Boyce did not allow cameras in the courtroom. A few members of the public and several Rexburg Police and Fremont County Sheriff detectives observed proceedings.

The hearing was scheduled after Prior filed a lengthy motion to sever in September.

“There is a significant amount of information in this case, and the result could be the defendant is put to death. Given the severity of consequences, the courts and federal courts have made it a habit to sever capital cases,” Prior argued.

Prior mentioned that Chad has waived his right to a speedy trial while Lori has not. Her case is on hold until her mental competency can be determined. A hearing was held on that issue Wednesday afternoon, but it’s unknown what occurred as proceedings were sealed.....

...The judge said he will consider the motion to sever and issue a written order at a later date. Both Chad and Lori have pleaded not guilty to all charges. A trial date has not been set.
And so it goes.
Judge Boyce will continue these cases forever it seems.

I understood the prosecution going along with slow walking this case in it's early stages but this point it's just ridiculous.

This is a black and white, open and shut, lay up for any competent prosecutor.

1.Woman moves out of state and tells nobody where she is living.

2. Woodcock's figure out where she is and she tries to hide in Hawaii with her accomplice.

3. They find her dead children buried in her accomplices backyard.

They are both 100% guilty and their is an abundance of evidence that supports the fact that they did it.

The only thing complicated about this is their motive.

The longer they delay this only benefits the defense by giving them more time to think up ways to obscure what is obvious to everyone.

Enough is enough. Put these two on trial and let the people grieving get closure.

Hidden: A True Crime Podcast

18m ·

CHAD DAYBELL'S SISTER-IN-LAW BREAKS HER SILENCE --THIS FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 11th, 2022
Subscribe and hit notifications to be notified of the link and time. This is a three-part tell-all interview you will not want to miss. Heather Daybell is Chad Daybell's “dark” sister-in-law. She sat down with Lauren and John Matthias for 5 hours to share her story.
Her brother-in-law Chad Daybell is behind bars, along with his wife Lori Vallow Daybell. They are the subjects of the Netflix Documentary #sinsofourmother . They are charged with murdering their spouses, and Lori's two children--Tylee Ryan and JJ Vallow. Their trial is scheduled 2023. #chaddaybell #heatherdaybell

In this teaser for the three-part interview (starting tonight), Heather Daybell is spot on about Chad inventing his NDEs only after witnessing Julie Rowe's success with hers. Apparently Chad disliked Heather from the start, which probably made it easier for her not to fall for his claims like most of the family did.

In this teaser for the three-part interview (starting tonight), Heather Daybell is spot on about Chad inventing his NDEs only after witnessing Julie Rowe's success with hers. Apparently Chad disliked Heather from the start, which probably made it easier for her not to fall for his claims like most of the family did.
Chad likely realized early on that Heather could see through him. I see no charisma in him at all but if his other family members did, that would be why they believe him.
Just wonder, are they waking up yet?

Does anyone know if this will be viewable somewhere after first showings?
Yes, the videos always stay up after the premiere. I'm watching the first part now.

ETA: Some observations
Although Heather and her husband, Chad's brother Matt, did not believe in Chad's visions, Chad initially envisioned a prominent role in the end times for Matt and his son. I was surprised that Tammy and Heather didn't establish any kind of relationship despite being in the same church ward and their families living near each other in Salem. It's the way Chad portrayed Tammy negatively to Heather. He never had a good word to say about Tammy or his own mother. Heather also says that Tammy wouldn't talk to her. Chad likely warned Tammy to stay away. IMO patriarchy and manipulation played a big part in this case.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member