Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patch Tuesday

Reaction score
Police searching for Rexburg children believed to be in serious danger | East Idaho News

I believe this is going to be a more complicated case than it looks on the surface. The children's mother (Lori Wallows) recently married a man (Chad Daybell) a few weeks after his wife died. It was presumed the late wife had died of natural causes but was exhumed recently and her death is now being investigated.
The new wife's husband was shot in a family argument earlier this year:

Chandler Police identify man who was shot dead during family fight

The husband and wife are not cooperating with police and have since vanished.

ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *MEDIA MAPS TIMELINE*NO DISCUSSION

Thread #1
ID - ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 #2

Attachments

• joshua-tylee.jpg
    joshua-tylee.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 8
Last edited by a moderator:
Police seek help locating 2 endangered children, disappearance may be tied to death investigation

[...]

Death Investigation

Family members found Tammy Daybell, 49, dead in her Fremont County home Oct. 19, 2019. At that time, Daybell’s death was believed to be natural.

Daybell was interred in Springville, Utah, on Oct. 22. Subsequent investigation by the FCSO determined Daybell's death may be suspicious. On Dec. 11, Daybell's remains were exhumed by the FCSO, with the assistance of the Utah Office of the Medical Examiner, and an autopsy conducted.

During the course of the death investigation by the FCSO, investigators were made aware that two Rexburg children, ages 7 and 17, were missing.

Investigators determined within a couple weeks of Daybell's death, her surviving husband, Chad Daybell, had married Rexburg resident Lori Vallow, who is the mother of the missing children.

Missing Children Background:
Rexburg police attempted to conduct a welfare check on Joshua Vallow, the adopted 7- year-old special needs son of Lori Vallow, at their residence at 565 Pioneer Road in Rexburg Nov. 26.

The welfare check was being conducted as extended family outside Idaho had not been able to speak with Joshua since September and were concerned.

Investigators from Rexburg police spoke with Lori Vallow and her new husband, Chad Daybell, who indicated Joshua was staying with a family friend in Arizona.

Investigators left but learned later that day that Joshua had not been staying with the friend as indicated by Lori Vallow.

On Nov. 27, Rexburg police executed search warrants at locations in Rexburg associated with Lori Vallow, in an attempt to locate Joshua.

As the search warrants were being executed, investigators determined Lori Vallow and Chad Daybell had abruptly vacated their residence and left Rexburg.

Police then requested assistance from the FBI in locating Joshua.

Read more: Police seek help locating 2 endangered children, disappearance may be tied to death investigation - Local News 8

BBM. Am I understanding correctly that Lori Vallow and Chad Daybell have fled and their whereabouts are unknown as well? The above article goes on to say that no one has seen the kids since September. I hope these kids are ok but this doesn't sound good. :(

Hey Mods! So we stay on track here...
Yay or Nay on sleuthing the following people?

Alex Cox - Lori's brother who 'died' the day after Chad's wife body was exhumed. He seems to have been involved in a murder (or 2 or 3 or ?).

Melani - Lori's niece whose mom Stacy died in the late 90's. Melani is involved in the cult and may or may not be missing with Lori and Chad.

Joe Ryan - Lori's dead 2nd husband

Charles Vallow - another dead husband of Lori's - killed by Lori's brother Alex in 'self defense'.

Tammy Daybell- Dead wife of Chad whose body was recently exhumed.

All - I am going to report this post to help us out. Any others you want to know about?

Not sure where to begin here but I will do my best.

First, no other minors may be discussed except for the two missing minors. One excepting is our verified member whose daughter was close friends with Tylee. This member may discuss her daughter's friendship with Tylee.

Any other minors are off-limits.

There are so many dead bodies surrounding Chad and Lori that for now, and this may change, you may discuss the other deaths surrounding Chad and Lori.
The reason I will allow this is because we have no idea if there is a connection with all these deaths but it is not unreasonable to think somehow there may be a connection. Perhaps not to all of the deaths but maybe one or more.

PLEASE DO NOT GO DOWN A RABBIT HOLE WITH BIZZARE CONSPIRACY THEORIES THAT MAKE WEBSLEUTHS LOOK LIKE WE ARE ALL NUTS.

Please do not ask me for examples. If you don't' know what a whacked-out embarrassing theory or a whacked-out embarrassing conspiracy theory is I can't help you.

Please do not post something as a fact unless you can link to a mainstream media or law enforcement outlet.

As far as comments on other websites about the suspects please DO NOT bring those comments to Websleuths. We have no idea who is really behind the comments and the comments could be completely false.
Thank you.
Tricia

Not sure how well this will work. If it creates much more work for our mods I will have to put new restrictions on the discussion.

Please stop discussing "Julie" and the crazy things this person is saying about the case.

Please do not discuss the LDS religion unless it is a direct fact that is connected to the case.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE REMEMBER WE DO NOT ALLOW RUMORS, RANDOM COMMENTS FROM RANDOM PEOPLE WHO WANT TO DO THINGS LIKE SCAN YOU.

I just removed close to 30 comments discussing someone named "Julie" talking about her "scanning" and random comments about the LDS religion.

In a couple of hours, I will be back to open a new thread. If it gets too crazy or gets to be too much work for our mods we will have to close the thread down.
Thank you,
Tricia

Thanks for the guidelines, Trica! The Julie discussion has gone a bit off the rails and I'm all for stopping that discussion and getting back to focusing on finding these missing children.

However, just to let you know, she was interviewed in MSM before we started discussing her:
Chad Daybell had a “vision” his wife Tammy would die, friend says
Doomsday Writer’s Friend Says He Prophesied Wife’s Mysterious Death

It seems to me that she might continue to insert herself into this case. Is it okay for future discussion rules if we discuss only what she has said
in MSM
? I believe that would fit in the spirit of the TOS. But if you want her not mentioned at all anymore here I understand and will do my best to comply. Thanks! :)

Thanks Gardner1850.

If this Julia person is quoted in MSM about this case then yes of course. Otherwise, she is off-limits, the comments on whatever site she has landed on are off-limits.

Alright, here's some ~2 days worth of posts I had responses to, but I read every post! Hopefully this provides some further insight into things, but if it doesn't don't hestitate to ask me follow-up questions. Just don't be surprised when it takes me a day to respond...

Maxxer, thanks for your input and I’m sorry for your loss! I assume your family has some contact with LE regarding the investigation into Tammy’s death? I feel like they should probably be made aware of the latest video with Julie Rowe (“Mischaracterization of Chad Daybell”) . The fact that she talks about how Chad supposedly “knew” Tammy was going to pass away before she did, and was even grieving her death before her passing might be of interest to them. She said they had multiple conversations about it.
She was trying to defend him but I think she just dropped him in a big vat of boiling water..

None of my direct relatives have contact with LE, but I believe some of the extended family does. Some of us have hired private investigators, who I hope would direct key info to LE. I spoke with my dad about what Julie has been saying online, and based on her history we think she's putting out a smoke screen. The idea that she's doing this to keep relevance is also possible.

"Three weeks before Tammy’s death, Rowe and Daybell called each other."
“And I asked him, do you still see Tammy dying? And he said yes I do,” said Rowe.
"Tammy was in charge of the finances and covers for Daybell’s books. Rowe said Daybell wanted to get out of the business, but Tammy wanted to keep going."
“He said I’m ready to get out now and Tammy doesn’t want to get out. When she passes, I’m done, I can’t keep doing this,” said Rowe.

I hate reading this. If my uncle Chad knew Tammy would pass, why didn't he do anything? As this info is from Julie though, I wouldn't recommend accepting this as true just yet.

Obit says:
"Tammy is survived by her husband and five children: Garth Daybell, Emma (Joseph) Murray, Seth (Makayla) Daybell, Leah (Adam) Murphy, and Mark Daybell, who is serving an LDS mission in Johannesburg, South Africa."
I'm sure it has been discussed that all the children are adults elsewhere in these threads. But ...
So we have 5 kids. 3 of them the obit names their spouse (that's the name in parentheses) so they are married. Mark, who it mentions is on an LDS mission would be at least 18 (LDS missions used to be 19 year olds going for 2 years, but I think they might have changed it to 18 year olds for 2 years). In any case he is absolutely old enough to be a legal adult and CPS wouldn't be looking into him.
This leaves Garth. From what we see here we can't say definitively that he's an adult. However, I'd suggest that the names weren't listed in some random order. They aren't in alphabetical order. They could be from youngest to oldest, but that would make the oldest 18-20 with 3 younger siblings already married. Possible, but not likely I'd suggest. The more logical and also I suspect the normal way, would be to list oldest to youngest. I know that If I'm listing my siblings I do it that way (as do my parents and my siblings). I suspect that's typical although certainly there are exceptions.

This gets brought up every other page now it feels like, but the Daybell kids are all adults with their own lives to live. Garth is the oldest child, and Mark is the youngest. Emma, Seth, and Leah are all married with kids of their own. They're all doing okay, no one has to worry about their safety.

Yep, can't wait to see a discussion in court about how a 'vision' such as described by Rowe regarding Chad late wife isn't really the same as conspiracy to murder! Sounds like Chad was a 'man with a plan' regarding his late wife and had a clear 'vision' himself as to how he would move on with his life together with Lori but absent of the 'presence' of the mother of his 5 children "Tamara".
I realise the children of Chad are dealing with the grief of the 'sudden' death of their mother but its unclear what they are seeing in this situation that would lead them to be at all supportive of their father. The podcast narrative from Chad and Rowe alone on the topic of Tamara Daybell I would think would be sufficient to generate doubt in any rational person. IDK.
But, forgetting the children of Tamara, it appears Tamara had family that no doubt has questions about her sudden death. Are they assisting LE or has LE sought them all out?
Entire situation is unbelievable IMO.

It really is such a crazy story, so much so that there's been jokes that someone in the family should make a movie/TV series/documentary and capitalize. It will be interesting to see what arguements are used if/when this gets to court, if any. I don't know how much the Daybell kids know surrounding this story, and part of me wonders if that's intentional or not. LE has contacted some of my relatives to my understanding, but honestly with how much it seems Chad hid from everyone I don't know if anyone has info that APPEARS useful. It's possible someone knows something that relates to an unknown detail, but unless we're approached with said detail it can be hard to process everything.

Hi everyone, I'm new here, but have been following this case for a few days now since learning about it. It truly is heartbreaking.
I'm not entirely sure how much I should be sharing here so as not to be breaking any rules, but since the name of Julie Rowe has already been brought up in this thread then I feel somewhat more comfortable in sharing at least a little bit about some things I know in the hopes that perhaps it may be of use in finding the children and other persons of interest.
Julie Rowe, with the help of others, founded an organization a few years ago called the "Greater Tomorrow Relief Fund." If you do a quick Google search you'll find their website. Julie founded this organization with the intent of it being a means of providing "disaster relief." Her idea of disaster relief though is something of an end of days, apocalyptic, teotwawki scenario and her plan was/is to put in place the infrastructure, supplies, organization, and manpower needed to help "rescue" and bring people from a broken down dystopian world to "cities of light" where they'll find peace and safety. In other words something of an underground railroad system. If you look at the Greater Tomorrow Relief Fund website you'll see at the bottom of the page that one of the stated goals of her organization is to provide "places of safety." I don't know how many people are involved with her organization, or what resources they have available and put in place already, but I fear and suspect that this organization may be helping to aid and abet some of the individuals involved in this case. My own opinion obviously. I'm not an insider or anything, just a very concerned individual who has studied some of Julie Rowe's claimed experiences in the past, found a pattern of deception with her accounts, and tried to warn people off from following her. Again, these are just my own observations and opinions.
I really do hope and pray answers will be found, and that the children are safe.

THIS SHOULD BE LOOKED INTO, IF IT HASN'T ALREADY.

The Independence, MO mention sounds like an example of integrating mainstream LDS teachings into their visions. I don't remember the specifics, but think the mainstream Mormon story is that the Garden of Eden was near where Independence, MO is located and something in "the last days" was happening there (all the saints gather there, maybe). MOO.

You're more-or-less right. I personally was able to visit this area in late October with a friend who was interested in the LDS history surrounding the area. You have Independence, Adam-ondi-Ahman, and Liberty Jail there. All of which are considered LDS history sites by members.

@Maxxer500, I am really worried most about the missing children of course, but I have been getting worried as well for Tammy's kids. I doubt very much they have correct information concerning the penalties for knowing information or helping their dad. I have no faith the lawyer for Chad gave them good advice. They are good kids, socially awkward sure, pretty sheltered, and with no idea the federal laws they could be breaking. Do you think your grandparents could talk to Chad's parents about this? I think Garth would listen to them and then be able to talk to his siblings.

I hadn't thought about legal repurcussions for the Daybell kids. I know they were set up with a lawyer by Chad, but if it's the same lawyer Chad's recent statement is from there is some reason to worry. I don't really know what lines of communication might reach the Daybell kids, but I'll pass the word to the relatives and hopefully someone can get it to them.

There was talk a few pages back about the vision of tammy’s death being due to a car accident but that she didn’t go that way. Can someone clarify if there was a car accident that almost took, or should have taken Tammy’s life?

First Tammy was held at gunpoint without anyone knowing, now she was in a car accident too?!? I doubt she was, though as always it's not impossible. But I never heard anything about a car accident, let alone a life threatening one.

We know they weren't truthful about where Joshua was... But where did Lori and Chad indicate Tylee was staying?
"When investigators spoke with Vallow and Chad Daybell, they indicated Joshua was staying with a family friend in Arizona, but authorities later learned that Joshua was not staying with that friend, police said."
Missing children considered 'endangered' after police link disappearance to death of librarian

Tylee was and is (even in this thread) repeatedly forgotten. The welfare check that initially sparked things off was specifically for Joshua (JJ), and the relatives who called for the welfare check are not directly related to Tylee. She disappeared sometime September, but no one has a concrete last sighting. She has a confusing history regarding education (can someone clarify this for me? I keep seeing it go back and forth). All her known social media profiles have been inactive for a long time, much longer than she has been considered missing.

So... when did Lori, JJ, and Tylee move into an apartment in Rexburg? Is it possible Chad never even met JJ and Tylee? Did Chad move into the apartment with Lori when Tammy died?

It is totally possible Chad never met Joshua or Tylee, and that he didn't know of their existence until after marrying Lori. This is what the Douglas side of things hopes for, but with each detail it gets harder and harder to believe. It's unknown exactly when, but Chad did move in with Lori after Tammy's death. He was present for the welfare check, and lied to LE then with Lori about Joshua's location. Him moving in could have been right after the funeral, or after their marriage, and unless either of them or a specific Daybell kid says anything we won't know for sure.

Yeah, that's right. In the Thread One there was a home posted on Realtor.com we thought they bought. What's rather odd... would be that Chad / Lori married they moved into the apartments. Those apartments usually require a lease. Why move to apt when you own an empty house. Dead wife's ghost gonna spook ya? And what about their lease and Dec. Payment. Evicted yet? Lots of loose ends. And what cars are they driving? Police never put that out at all.

Chad and Tammy had one of their kids living with them when Tammy passed, and I imagine bringing step-mom in right after your mom died would be a pretty easy way to lose that kid's support. I don't know what's going on with the property, but might be able to find something out through family soon if I ask.

@Maxxer500 do you know if Lori ever personally met Tammy?

I'm not sure but I'm of the impression that Lori and Tammy had never met. Feel free to prove me wrong on this.

Bingo! I agree that money is a big factor in this case. Charles also has two grown sons, so I’m sure it’s a complicated situation.
Not sure if we can discuss Hector Sosa’s comments on the Eyes Open video with Julie Rowe, but somewhere in his custody battle comments, he dropped mention of “JJ’s money.”

Hector and Julie are two birds of the same feather, and I wouldn't be surprised if both of them are making things up to maintain relevance in media coverage. People like that really like the whole "No press is bad press" saying.

I found Tammy Daybell’s obituary and she seemed like a wonderful mother. Has anyone in her family made a statement? She seems totally forgotten in this story. The obit also lays out the relatives on her side of the family and the family’s movements between AZ and ID. I won’t link it because I’m not sure it’s allowed.

Tammy's dad (my grandpa) was contacted by multiple people (interviewers, LE) I believe, but he did not want his quotes being used anywhere. Unfortunately the one interviewer he gave brief statements to didn't respect that. Tammy's side of this story mostly has to wait until the results of the autopsy come back, which I'm estimating to be around January 7th. Until then, the most info we have is all about Lori and her history.

There are the 5 kids she and Chad had, all adults. At least one or two of them have commented on FB posts (Rexburg police's page and I think also Eastern Idaho News) making claims that the kids were fine or there was nothing nefarious going on, but then went back and deleted their comments. Why that was (they realized they didn't really know, or that what they said was going to backfire legally, or who knows).
We've also got a nephew who has been verified and commented in this thread who indicated the kids have kind of cut off Tammy's side of the family since she died (he is from that side).

Hi I'm the VI you referenced. Based on the timing of things, the Daybell kids started deleting FB posts/comments and started blocking people after they were hooked up with a lawyer by Chad.

People poisoned over a period of time usually start having health issues over that period of time. My understanding that was not the case with Tammy. We haven't heard a thing about her having health issues before death. She visited her parents couple weeks before death, was in great spirits and was taking a Zumba class.
So my bet would be on a single event.

Tammy exhibited health issues the night of her death, and I'm not aware of anything before then. Tammy woke up in the middle of the night she died, apparently coughing badly enough to cause her to vomit. Then when Chad woke in the morning he found her fallen out of bed and cold.

This is a bit unrelated, but I wanted to put it out there for further context.: Tammy visiting her parents a couple weeks before her death? It was apparently suggested to her by Chad. I forget what exactly he told her, but it was along the lines of "Your dead ancestors are telling me to tell you to visit your parents". If what Julie has said about Chad and her having 'visions' of Tammy dying soon is true, I wonder if Tammy's visit has something more to it on Chad's end.

HOLY COW! I had so many posts to read just to catch up, not including writing this response post. Thanks for continuing the investigation everyone, I hope there's some helpful info from Tammy's autopsy soon, even if LE doesn't let us in on it.

I just spoke with my dad regarding thread #2's latest info, and the key takeaways were:
• Chad and Lori's marriage was sometime around November 15th, not November 2nd. We don't know the exact date unfortunately, but we know it was around the 15th. It's unknown if the marriage was actually officiated or not.
• With how big the story has gotten, people have started digging into things and people that are not related to the case. It doesn't look like this has happened here, but if you encounter it anywhere I would appreciate it if you redirected such people to looking for the missing kids. After all, the main concern is where Joshua and Tylee are.
• It's possible that Chad is in contact with his kids through a lawyer, instead of directly. I don't know right now though. My dad mentioned this is a common criminal tactic.

I'm considering getting an FAQ together as there's been a number of instances where previously answered questions get brought back up but no one mentions the answer. Or maybe that just means we need a good recap post.

Thanks Gardner1850.

If this Julia person is quoted in MSM about this case then yes of course. Otherwise, she is off-limits, the comments on whatever site she has landed on are off-limits.
Julie is quoted in msm. She is not a random person but a friend and fellow "visionary" of Chad and knew both him and Tammy. She claims that both she and Chad had a vision that Tammy was going to die. They often discussed this vision. She claims they last discussed that Tammy was going to die 3 weeks before Tammy died.
"Rowe said both she and Chad Daybell had a vision where angels told them Daybell’s wife, Tammy would die."

I just spoke with my dad regarding thread #2's latest info, and the key takeaways were:
• Chad and Lori's marriage was sometime around November 15th, not November 2nd. We don't know the exact date unfortunately, but we know it was around the 15th. It's unknown if the marriage was actually officiated or not.
• With how big the story has gotten, people have started digging into things and people that are not related to the case. It doesn't look like this has happened here, but if you encounter it anywhere I would appreciate it if you redirected such people to looking for the missing kids. After all, the main concern is where Joshua and Tylee are.
• It's possible that Chad is in contact with his kids through a lawyer, instead of directly. I don't know right now though. My dad mentioned this is a common criminal tactic.

I'm considering getting an FAQ together as there's been a number of instances where previously answered questions get brought back up but no one mentions the answer. Or maybe that just means we need a good recap post.
Hey there. I was wondering if you could give us more insight on Chad and Tammy’s relationship so we can understand Chad behind the scenes a little more. Did your family notice any changes in his personality in the last couple years of their marriage? Do you know of any infidelity? Did Tammy ever discuss with your family the idea of Chad being a prophet and how she felt about that? Any insight into Chad’s personality, behaviors, or changes to behavior might be able to help us determine what might be happening behind the scenes between him and Lori.
As of right now, MOO is that 1 or more of Chad’s followers who truly believe he is a prophet is giving Chad and Lori a comfy living spot.

ETA: Since we were given the okay last night to discuss and lightly sleuth the deceased/possible victims in this case by @Tricia last night, I assume we can now link to their social media and investigate any properties the deceased owned which might have gone to Lori or Chad after the victim's death? This may help figure out locations where Lori and Chad, or JJ and Tylee could be. Tricia, please correct me if sleuthing the deceased this way is not allowed!

We have as deceased:

Stacey Cox Cope -- Sister of Lori and Alex Cox, died in 1998, supposedly of diabetic shock. Only Alex was at home with her and he had used her credit card while she was dead.

Joseph Ryan -- 3rd ex-husband of Lori, died at his home in Apr 2018, his body wasn't found for 3 weeks, was ruled a heart attack and he was cremated.

Charles Vallow -- 4th estranged husband of Lori, shot to death in AZ home in July 2019, allegedly by Lori's brother Alex Cox. Police initially ruled the death as self defense because Alex had been hit over the head with a baseball bat but they have since said the investigation remains open.

Tammy Daybell -- Chad's wife of nearly 30 years, mother of 5 adult children; No known health issues and did Zumba; visited her parents only a couple weeks before her death (at Chad's suggestion?) and was fine; In October 2019 she went to bed coughing and when Chad woke up she was dead. Initially ruled a natural death but police have since changed to say it was suspicious and her body was exhumed Dec 11, 2019. We await 2nd autopsy results.

Alex Cox -- Brother of Lori, Died in his AZ home of unknown causes Dec 12, 2019; we are still awaiting Autopsy report.

*All this is from my memory so please let me know if I have some detail wrong or have forgotten to list any of the dead here. We also have 2 missing children in this mess-- and I hope they are not added to the body count! MOO.

Last edited:
Hey there. I was wondering if you could give us more insight on Chad and Tammy’s relationship so we can understand Chad behind the scenes a little more. Did your family notice any changes in his personality in the last couple years of their marriage? Do you know of any infidelity? Did Tammy ever discuss with your family the idea of Chad being a prophet and how she felt about that? Any insight into Chad’s personality, behaviors, or changes to behavior might be able to help us determine what might be happening behind the scenes between him and Lori.
As of right now, MOO is that 1 or more of Chad’s followers who truly believe he is a prophet is giving Chad and Lori a comfy living spot.

I haven't interacted much in person or online with the Daybells in the past few years. Part of that is that I'm not active on Facebook, (where it seems most of the family communicates,) and another part is that they moved to Idaho. And I guess I've been caught up in my own life too. Most of the times I saw them would be around family get-togethers for Christmas and such.

•1. I don't think there was ever a change in Chad's or Tammy's personalities, or at least nothing big enough to notice at family gatherings.
•2. I never heard of any infidelity, but it should be noted I'm on the bottom of the information chain and would likely never hear about any if it did happen. Wouldn't be the first time I've been kept out of the surprisingly big loop.
•3. Talking about peoples' spiritual experiences in the family is pretty uncommon. It's usually considered too "sacred" or "special", or at least I think those are the words everyone would use. When people did discuss such experiences, it was usually only to one or two people at most. That being said, there was never any talk of Chad being a prophet to my knowledge; only that he had visions every now and again. But with the majority of the family being LDS, that was seen as him "being more in tune with the spirit". Knowing how strict Tammy could be regarding LDS practice/doctrine/policy I'm not sure she would have tolerated someone calling Chad a prophet though (for example, as a kid she lightly(?) scolded me for playing rated M games).
•Insights into Chad's personality, behaviors, etc: I'm currently questioning how long Chad has been lying to the family, how long he has been putting up a mask, and if the Chad I know is the real Chad or not. Based on how shocked my family has been by recent news, I might not be the only one wondering that, despite the fact that lots of my family has known him for over 30 years. That being said, the Chad I know doesn't raise any red flags with his traits. I'm terrible at putting together words to describe people, but here's an attempt: He was pious, caring, kind, and very hard to dislike because of those 3 traits. There was a video linked in thread #1 of him in an interview and honestly, with some slight difference given the setting, that's the Chad I know. Sorry if this doesn't help, it's been a long time since I've sat down and talked with him and my memory isn't kicking in like I wish it would.

Without trying to break TOS I have a question. Maybe @Maxxer500 would know. Was Tammy always in control of her own social media? Did she and chad happen to post on each others indicating they had shared passwords? I’m wondering if anyone IRL could verify the masked gunman?

Also, I have two thoughts on this.
1. I hope you @Maxxer500 rest assured that even with questions that are not directly about Tylee and JJ all of our biggest concerns are them. To me, knowing where Chad and Lori got married, indicates where the kids might be. If it was Hawaii, it’s possible they were “left” there with someone. That is my reason for wondering.

Without new leads it seems we are all digging through known location, safe places or people, and the like to figure out where they were.

2. For LE to know they got married IMHO they had to have married in a state with easily verifiable records. Or is it fast and easy for LE to do a USA statewide search on that?

That being said, the Chad I know doesn't raise any red flags with his traits. I'm terrible at putting together words to describe people, but here's an attempt: He was pious, caring, kind, and very hard to dislike because of those 3 traits. There was a video linked in thread #1 of him in an interview and honestly, with some slight difference given the setting, that's the Chad I know. Sorry if this doesn't help, it's been a long time since I've sat down and talked with him and my memory isn't kicking in like I wish it would.

What you're describing sounds to me like what I'd call an average, decent guy in the particular culture he's lived in all his life.

I haven't interacted much in person or online with the Daybells in the past few years. Part of that is that I'm not active on Facebook, (where it seems most of the family communicates,) and another part is that they moved to Idaho. And I guess I've been caught up in my own life too. Most of the times I saw them would be around family get-togethers for Christmas and such.

•1. I don't think there was ever a change in Chad's or Tammy's personalities, or at least nothing big enough to notice at family gatherings.
•2. I never heard of any infidelity, but it should be noted I'm on the bottom of the information chain and would likely never hear about any if it did happen. Wouldn't be the first time I've been kept out of the surprisingly big loop.
•3. Talking about peoples' spiritual experiences in the family is pretty uncommon. It's usually considered too "sacred" or "special", or at least I think those are the words everyone would use. When people did discuss such experiences, it was usually only to one or two people at most. That being said, there was never any talk of Chad being a prophet to my knowledge; only that he had visions every now and again. But with the majority of the family being LDS, that was seen as him "being more in tune with the spirit". Knowing how strict Tammy could be regarding LDS practice/doctrine/policy I'm not sure she would have tolerated someone calling Chad a prophet though (for example, as a kid she lightly(?) scolded me for playing rated M games).
•Insights into Chad's personality, behaviors, etc: I'm currently questioning how long Chad has been lying to the family, how long he has been putting up a mask, and if the Chad I know is the real Chad or not. Based on how shocked my family has been by recent news, I might not be the only one wondering that, despite the fact that lots of my family has known him for over 30 years. That being said, the Chad I know doesn't raise any red flags with his traits. I'm terrible at putting together words to describe people, but here's an attempt: He was pious, caring, kind, and very hard to dislike because of those 3 traits. There was a video linked in thread #1 of him in an interview and honestly, with some slight difference given the setting, that's the Chad I know. Sorry if this doesn't help, it's been a long time since I've sat down and talked with him and my memory isn't kicking in like I wish it would.
I shared some of the cached pages of his website on past pages. After reading those, I think I mentioned that he seemed like a gregarious, braggadocious, almost living in the past personality. I found it super odd for him to be deeply religious yet posting stories, multiple ones, about past high school dates and escapades. Or even referring to things like,” I thought I would be single”.
This gave me a picture of him that did not fit his outward appearance. Do you agree with that picture?

I shared some of the cached pages of his website on past pages. After reading those, I think I mentioned that he seemed like a gregarious, braggadocious, almost living in the past personality. I found it super odd for him to be deeply religious yet posting stories, multiple ones, about past high school dates and escapades. Or even referring to things like,” I thought I would be single”.
This gave me a picture of him that did not fit his outward appearance. Do you agree with that picture?

It sounds like he's presenting a certain person/personality to family and friends, but when he's in work mode he takes a different approach.

ETA: Since we were given the okay last night to discuss and lightly sleuth the deceased/possible victims in this case by @Tricia last night, I assume we can now link to their social media and investigate any properties the deceased owned which might have gone to Lori or Chad after the victim's death? This may help figure out locations where Lori and Chad, or JJ and Tylee could be. Tricia, please correct me if sleuthing the deceased this way is not allowed!

We have as deceased:

Stacey Cox Cope -- Sister of Lori and Alex Cox, died in 1998, supposedly of diabetic shock. Only Alex was at home with her and he had used her credit card while she was dead.

Joseph Ryan -- 3rd ex-husband of Lori, died at his home in Apr 2018, his body wasn't found for 3 weeks, was ruled a heart attack and he was cremated.

Charles Vallow -- 4th estranged husband of Lori, shot to death in AZ home in July 2019, allegedly by Lori's brother Alex Cox. Police initially ruled the death as self defense because Alex had been hit over the head with a baseball bat but they have since said the investigation remains open.

Tammy Daybell -- Chad's wife of nearly 30 years, mother of 5 adult children; No known health issues and did Zumba; visited her parents only a couple weeks before her death (at Chad's suggestion?) and was fine; In October 2019 she went to bed coughing and when Chad woke up she was dead. Initially ruled a natural death but police have since changed to say it was suspicious and her body was exhumed Dec 11, 2019. We await 2nd autopsy results.

Alex Cox -- Brother of Lori, Died in his AZ home of unknown causes Dec 12, 2019; we are still awaiting Autopsy report.

*All this is from my memory so please let me know if I have some detail wrong or have forgotten to list any of the dead here. We also have 2 missing children in this mess-- and I hope they are not added to the body count! MOO.
This is a great summary. It would be great if we could keep this compilation and add the various facts to it. And then add this to the media page in each thread which I wish was in the first post. Maybe someone could link it and it will be close to page 1.

It would be great if we could keep this compilation and add the various facts to it. And then add this to the media thread which I wish was linked in the first post. Maybe someone could link it on it sound here and it will be close to the first page.

@Gardener1850 Maybe you could copy and paste and repost as necessary since you created the great summary.

Here are some things that I think would be helpful in researching connections with these deaths.
Someone correct me if my requests are violating TOS.

1. social media profiles. (Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Venmo, Pinterest, cash app, LinkedIn, TikTok, Goodreads profile, TripAdvisor profile, Amazon wish list) Just an FYI here. Once I find someone’s username I always do a search with that username. Often times the same username is used for multiple accounts and cached data is sometimes seen.
2. Obituaries
3. corporations
4. email addresses
5. Property records
6. Civil and criminal cases
7. MSM articles at time of death
8. Address is at time of death and before

eta: typo/- thanks Siri.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online