Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
At first we were all very surprised she died. Then we trusted the Coroner's first report. My concerns began at the speediness of the funeral and memorial service (3 and 4 days following her death respectively). Then Chad was grieving and moved out before a week had passed.
Speculation and suspicions have been growing with the news of his marriage. I was partially surprised at the exhumation announcement.
I believe that is the first time I had heard he had moved out in less than a week. I wonder where he went? I wonder if anyone in the family has access to airline accounts he had, or Expedia or TripAdvisor or hotel chain accounts where plans might be shown? (If so, I am sure LE are finding with the computer evidence but wonder if anyone looked?)

I’m curious, do you know if he had a passport? Or are there known local pilots to the ward?

Is there something in the LDS tradition that would lengthen it or just your area in general?
No, not specifically related to religion or area traditions. Given she died in Idaho, lived in Idaho, worked in Idaho at two Idaho schools prior to death, it was strange to me--maybe only to me--that the funeral wasn't here for people to grieve near her open or closed casket first. Then perhaps another service in Utah for the former friends and family that resided there before interment. It just felt rushed without the opportunity for so many who knew her to have closure. It was magnified by Chad's moving out immediately. Then we have the hindsight of all the other facts we know about this combined case.

Not specifically, but there are large family farms that often house ranch hands and laborers within easy driving distance. Hidden compounds? I've never heard of such here.
I have to say or remind everyone that LE have said they believe Chad and Lori ARE NOT in Idaho.

I bet they know that for sure somehow. Airlines, tag readers, etc.

Not specifically, but there are large family farms that often house ranch hands and laborers within easy driving distance. Hidden compounds? I've never heard of such here.

It actually wouldn't surprise me at all. Just think of a cabin or home, far off the beaten path, maybe even using a dirt road to get there, fence, with a gate, no one is going to go up to the main house, unless they live there.

Lots of places like that in Montana, you wouldn't even know what is past the gate, because there isn't a reason to go there. Folks around here mind their own business, friendly, but not too nosey.

Our friends live off the beaten path in an area that takes an hour to get there, from normal roads. No cell service, no internet, they still use dial up! They have a well, a few windmills, a gas tank, woodstove for the house. It is as off the grid as you can get.

Can you tell how he handled the shooting of CV? Was he upset by it, or depressed by it? And do you know if he had a good relationship with Lori then?
He was very upset - trying to get a handle on it. Defending his sister and himself was the right thing to do, but he struggled with the fact that he did kill someone.

He was very upset - trying to get a handle on it. Defending his sister and himself was the right thing to do, but he struggled with the fact that he did kill someone.
I would expect that. I do wonder if it would cause him to take his own life.

please become verified. We could learn a lot from you I’m sure. Your posts speaking on things that you have personal knowledge may be deleted because you are not verified.

I can say even though I have stated my opinions I think we all would be kind and welcoming and look for help in getting the big picture of what happened. If Alex was killed by someone, it could only help you for us to all think, share, and discuss with respect together. Please consider.

ETA: link to the process @TinaK
Verified Professional and Insider Members

My post doesn't say anything about anybody being arrested. My posts says when Lori went to Idaho, she wasn't hiding it. Police would have easily found out where she was.
They did find Lori and Chad but they were not at home on 19th Nov but why would they have even been looking for them before the welfare check request if neither CV or Tammy's death was suspicious? The jeep linked only Charles (thus Lori) to the BB attempt but not Chad.

I have gone quite far into the PAP rabbit hole ... AVOW isn’t hiding anything, but PAP is freaking out. Deleting their entire site, not just the stuff about chad....there’s much more than meets the eye.

IMO, you're right that most of us discussing this case here have been viewing AVOW worst of the two prepper/end times organizations Chad had been involved in, PAP being the least of a concern.

Part of that was AVOW's setup. If I remember correctly they have a forum which has a monthly fee to belong and additional subforums, one of which Chad ran, which have additional monthly fees to be in. This means that what knowledge we have of AVOW is strictly rumor and innuendo with zero transparency.

PAP kind of tried to appear transparent, in that they deleted podcasts Chad and/or Lori had done for them, but also didn't say "Chad? Chad who?" Instead they distanced themselves from him, painting themselves as normal LDS people who aren't a cult or really even an organization, but business that puts on conferences to help LDS preppers. (Hopefully I'm close on that. :) )

But after seeing the summarizations above that Snoflake20 did of the PAP podcast from the other guy I'm wondering. It's pretty wild and out there. Definitely building on Mormon beliefs, but I would say going well beyond the mainstream although the comment about there being a lot of stuff that was discussed in the past, but isn't now (in some cases covered up or a lot of spin put on it) it isn't so out there that I can't easily see how some devout Mormons would go for it. Wasn't JR involved in PAP too? I'm wondering if this isn't their pattern. That their speakers (Podcasts and conferences) can get a little out there, but as long as it doesn't attract unwanted attention, that's fine. But as soon as the attention turns negative (excommunication for the person in question for sure, but also negative news like in Chad and Lori's case) then they destroy what evidence they can and "distance" themselves. But maybe these people actually do fit within their thinking, they just don't want the noteriety they bring.

I believe that is the first time I had heard he had moved out in less than a week.
I believe I shared it earlier. I'm awaiting VI status. Chad was moving out Oct 24th. The day after Tammy's memorial service. I was told everything reminded him of her, "She was around every corner." Considering their long marriage, I and others understood that as he was grieving and really missed her. That may have been the whole truth to the case. I don't know. Not trying to be an apologizer, just stating fact that I don't know what happened. The connections are all very strange and have a mountain of coincidences.

I’m curious, do you know if he had a passport? Or are there known local pilots to the ward?
I have no idea on a passport. I assume so as he was known to have traveled for book signings, etc. I do know of at least one pilot in the ward, but Chad's departure from the home was also a departure from the ward. I know of no one who has seen him directly since Oct apart from his children, and I don't know of their contact with him beyond what I've shared.

I would expect that. I do wonder if it would cause him to take his own life.

please become verified. We could learn a lot from you I’m sure. Your posts speaking on things that you have personal knowledge may be deleted because you are not verified.

I can say even though I have stated my opinions I think we all would be kind and welcoming and look for help in getting the big picture of what happened. If Alex was killed by someone, it could only help you for us to all think, share, and discuss with respect together. Please consider.

ETA: link to the process @TinaK
Verified Professional and Insider Members

I emailed to be VI yesterday

Where I live that's a very normal span for the funeral process. Is there something in the LDS tradition that would lengthen it or just your area in general?

We don't have any doctrine or really even traditions around this -- just the typical a few days later, maybe the following Saturday. I think the real reason this feels so rushed is in the context of other knowledge and other behavior.

They did find Lori and Chad but they were not at home on 19th Nov but why would they have even been looking for them before the welfare check request if neither CV or Tammy's death was suspicious? The jeep linked only Charles (thus Lori) to the BB attempt but not Chad.
We are going in circles. Several days after Tammy died, Fremont county sheriff says he got a call from Arizona that there might have been more to Tammy's death. So obviously in the end of October police in AZ had to have figured out that Lori and Chad were linked together.

After Tammy's death, police were contacted by AZ before anybody even knew that the children were missing. Tammy died on October 19th, Fremont county was contacted by AZ several days after that (per the sheriff). It became known that children are missing in the end of November (welfare check was on November 26).

I don't think we know for sure who from or when Fremont county found out about the missing kids and realized their investigation was pertinent. My impression was always it was from the Rexburg PD and the sheriff *might* have even said that or been quoted as saying it. But you're right that it was for sure not until the end of November or first of December. All indications are as soon as they realized there was more to this than first realized they appear to have recognized that they might have missed something and started the process to exhume the body to look for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member