Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The key word here is "surviving." If the kid isn't there, how would he get any payment?
If there was a payment, could it have happened between July 11th and Sept. 23rd? Or is too soon for life insurance, and would a minor child get a check written out to them?

If it was worded that it would go to the estate, or if the insurance company didn't want to pay, there could be legal issues, but otherwise it just goes to the beneficiary and there's not a lot to fight about.
I presume beneficiary needs to be alive and present?

How would she access the money if she doesn't actually have JJ? If Charles left money to JJ, how would Lori be able to get the money if she can't produce JJ?

Direct deposit. Social Security benefits, whatever other benefits could have already been paid out.

I am not sure what the process is, to "force" a legal parent, to "produce" a child, for verification that the child is alive. Probably a very lengthy court process, that could go on for a long time. And, the money can't just be "stopped".

This is really interesting.

Direct deposit. Social Security benefits, whatever other benefits could have already been paid out.

I am not sure what the process is, to "force" a legal parent, to "produce" a child, for verification that the child is alive. Probably a very lengthy court process, that could go on for a long time. And, the money can't just be "stopped".

This is really interesting.
Well, I dunno. If you keep your dead grandma in your freezer, and cashing out her social security checks, that's not legal. Are you saying that a parent can continue collecting kids benefits even if the kid isn't there, and doesn't have to show any proof of life?

The key word here is "surviving." If the kid isn't there, how would he get any payment?

As far as anyone knows he is surviving. Wouldn't that be the basic premise at this point?

Can Lori be prevented from receiving any funds until his status is proven?

I don't know how any of it works.

As far as anyone knows he is surviving. Wouldn't that be the basic premise at this point?

Can Lori be prevented from receiving any funds until his status is proven?

I don't know how any of it works.
I don't know why that would be a basic premise. He hasn't been seen since the end of September. Police say he is not with Lori. My basic premise would be he isn't surviving at this point.

I don't know why that would be a basic premise. He hasn't been seen since the end of September. Police say he is not with Lori. My basic premise would be he isn't surviving at this point.

But, there is no evidence, as far as I know, that the child is not alive.
Therefore, the benefits cannot be terminated.

I presume beneficiary needs to be alive and present?

My understanding is that the money belongs to the beneficiary from the moment the insured person died, so if the beneficiary died later, the money would be part of the beneficiary's estate. At least that's what I was told in an instance I know about (not criminal or contentious, if you were wondering).

If the beneficiary dies before the insured person, and the policyholder never updated their insurance policy--well, that could get complicated. Lots of state and federal laws, insurance company rules, etc. would come into play.

I am not sure how the beneficiary being a minor affects whether the money is available. It might be held in trust until the minor reaches majority.

If it was worded that it would go to the estate, or if the insurance company didn't want to pay, there could be legal issues, but otherwise it just goes to the beneficiary and there's not a lot to fight about.

Lori didn't want to take care of JJ in January or Feburary. Why does she care so much about him in July/August/Sept? There must have been a reason other than her deep devotion to JJ. JJ is now missing, he is either being hidden to protect Lori's investment or he is no longer of use to her. I feel awful typing that, but I don't think Lori cares about anyone, other than herself and money. MOO

He moved with Lori to Rexburg. If kids went missing in September, he would presumably know full well they were missing. So why exactly would he kill himself in December over it?
I would imagine AC might have tried to kill himself after the welfare check happened and they all fled Rexberg because LE was now alerted and after them, the issue of the missing kids became public.
I think AC may have been coerced into the marriage, or maybe the marriage was supposed to do something to protect him and it really didn't, or maybe he was so depressed that he was reaching for the new relationship to help, but then just still couldn't live with himself. I don't actually think Alex was as crazy as Lori, I hate to have any compassion for the guy, but I still just don't think AC would have hurt the kids. If he did more (than kill Charles and other protect-Lori-from-evil-spouses work), I think he def. would've wanted to kill himself. MOO

I know, but our "premises" (is that a word?) don't matter. You and I would have cut-off any funds a long time ago. ;)

I think the entities paying out $$ would require proof... One way or another. But that's just my guess.

If the parent says they are being homeschooled (JJ) then they should be in the home right?

It doesn’t actually work that way, or anywhere close. There are a great many people who homeschool while traveling, even. They’re required to register in their home state, and those laws apply, not where they’re traveling. Many states do not require a specific instructor to be chosen, either. My family did a good 50% of our schooling while traveling or simply being out and about in the community. Even when in our hometown, we often hung out at the park, the beach, or a coffee shop.

Lori didn't want to take care of JJ in January or Feburary. Why does she care so much about him in July/August/Sept? There must have been a reason other than her deep devotion to JJ. JJ is now missing, he is either being hidden to protect Lori's investment or he is no longer of use to her. I feel awful typing that, but I don't think Lori cares about anyone, other than herself and money. MOO

I have no idea. Personally I think the kids are with somebody, hiding away and waiting for the earthquake etc.

What happened to Lori between 9/3 (when she enrolled JJ in school) and 9/24 (when she withdrew JJ from school) that caused her to seemingly change her mind about JJ being at school? Though it's not out of the question, to me it seems odd that in just 14 school days (or less) she came to the conclusion that enrolling JJ had been a mistake, that Kennedy was not the place for him, and/or that JJ should be homeschooled instead.

If removing JJ so quickly wasn't due to her dissatisfaction with the school, maybe it was that during this period of time Lori (and possibly CD) outlined a plan (or the next part of one) which prompted Lori to go into action. After all, Lori and CD's decision to get married was either made after TD died on 10/19, or it was made before.

Even if the decision to get married was made before JJ was removed from school on 9/24 (and that's a big if as it could imply a conspiracy, and as of now there's been no evidence that TD's death was even a homicide, let alone the result of a conspiracy), Lori still could have waited until after TD's death (but before the wedding, or trip) before removing JJ from school. Why was she in such a rush? Again, it could just be that for whatever reason she wanted JJ out of the school environment and at home, but it just seems odd to me.

As I mentioned before, I wonder if it's possible that between 9/3 and 9/24 Lori (with or w/o CD) developed a plan for the children's relocation/disappearance, and resolved that that plan should be carried out sooner rather than later. More speculation (and one degree further removed), but among other things, this plan could have included: having the children stay with someone in the cult (or group) in some state like ID or UT (where CD knew people), or having the children stay with someone in AZ (where both Lori and Alex knew people), or something more nefarious.

Possibly connecting the dots... We don't know for a fact that Alex was back in AZ on 10/2 (though some suspect he was involved in the attempted shooting of BB in Gilbert AZ that day), but IF he was, he either had to have traveled from ID to AZ by car or plane (or I suppose by bus or train, but I think those options less likely ). I mention this because IF Alex travelled from ID to AZ in this time period, the specific dates and method of his travel might be relevant to locating the children, especially when you consider that JJ was withdrawn from school on 9/24 and that the children have not been seen or heard from since.

I'm sure LE is keeping many things close to the vest, but I wonder if they have been able to determine whether or not Alex made this trip, and if he did, whether he travelled by air or car, and whether the children were possibly with him. Certainly you'd think they'd know if it was by air, as they could check flight manifests. And they may even have checked out the ground scenario as well, seeking video and cc receipts from places along the most probable routes. Again, just speculation. Hoping to help locate the children. MOO

Well, we know that Alex (or someone impersonating him?) was in Las Vegas on 11/29, getting married. I wonder what his truck driving work schedule was like during that time. I imagine he drove a car or a truck from ID to NV and then to his new residence with his new wife and stepson in AZ right after the wedding.

How would she access the money if she doesn't actually have JJ? If Charles left money to JJ, how would Lori be able to get the money if she can't produce JJ?
Perhaps that is why Lori put JJ in school in Rexberg temporarily. I don't believe she would have to produce JJ in the flesh, just send paperwork that proves she is the legal and custodial parent, and maybe proof of school enrollment. And in August/September she did have him in her care. (Or maybe she just enrolled JJ in school for a few weeks because it was easier to parent him if he had the care and stimulation during the day, and she un-enrolled him once she either got the payment and transferred to her account, or once he started telling people about their lives, or if she was worried he would).

I personally think it would be very hard to find someone willing to hide a special needs child that requires medication and is very hard to control without it.

Unless he is with a member of Lori's family, and they took him to a private Dr. to get an rx, and maybe even have him in a private school program, have changed his name, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimmyann4141