Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting. Bailbonds with ethics. Maybe Chad just didn't realize how much money this is going to cost, and he is having 2nd thoughts.

Maybe there are not any bail places in Rexburg that will handle a bail that large. Will he have to arrange transactions from out of state? I don't know how it works.

BTW, on East Idaho news FB page, people all over Rexburg are wearing shirts...."WHERE ARE THE KIDS?".

Gotta love that town!

"That's great"

:)

Interesting. Bailbonds with ethics. Maybe Chad just didn't realize how much money this is going to cost, and he is having 2nd thoughts.

Maybe there are not any bail places in Rexburg that will handle a bail that large. Will he have to arrange transactions from out of state? I don't know how it works.

BTW, on East Idaho news FB page, people all over Rexburg are wearing shirts...."WHERE ARE THE KIDS?".

Gotta love that town!

"That's great"

:)

Anybody know the answer to this please.. if the family court gives custody of JJ to Kay Woodcock and she doesn't produce him can be be arrested for kidnapping? Thanks

According to the law in Idaho, biological grandparents have no standing for custody of a child who has been adopted. Which makes sense.

I found this in a report earlier in the week about the next stage/hearing -

A judge will determine whether there is sufficient evidence to advance the case from magistrate court to district court at that hearing.
Lori Vallow Daybell will appear in Rexburg courtroom Friday | East Idaho News

And that lingering question has just come back to me - will this be a public hearing or is it mixed in with information about the children that is private/sealed? I know it's not family court but I just wonder about the crossover of these issues.

According to the law in Idaho, biological grandparents have no standing for custody of a child who has been adopted. Which makes sense.

They've applied to basically be his foster parents through the state of Idaho. "Guardian ad liteum ". Which I probably didn't spell right. I believe he's a ward of the state atm. Jmo

All proceedings will be before the judge until the trial. Our system requires the prosecution to present enough evidence to convince a judge that there is a basis for the charges being made. The prosecution has to put on enough evidence to satisfy that finding and in this case it will not be difficult. Once the judge affirms there is enough evidence to support all the charges he will enter a scheduling order for the next steps in the proceedings. Bail can always be reconsidered on motion of either side, but it is unlikely to change now unless some significant new information is brought to the court's attention.
Thank you.

I'm surprised this doesn't happen at the arrest warrant stage. I realise that this might be the defendant's opportunity to present their own evidence also but I find it confusing because we're not talking about trial on the issues and presumably she might not want to show her hand or answer the charges yet, so I don't really get why probable cause hasn't yet been shown. I'm a bit woolly headed today - migraine coming, apologies if I'm not making sense.

Justin Lum Fox 10 @jlumfox10
4m

Bondsman taking the bail money. Not one has accepted at this point.
Im not sure how to say this succinctly but you know you're an unpopular person when even bail bondsmen wont take your money. They make a living associating with the dregs of society. Its quite the fall on the social ladder to go from cheerleader to this.

Last edited:

A judge will determine whether there is sufficient evidence to advance the case from magistrate court to district court at that hearing.

And that lingering question has just come back to me - will this be a public hearing or is it mixed in with information about the children that is private/sealed? I know it's not family court but I just wonder about the crossover of these issues.
There are two parallel cases going on - the criminal one which is public, and the civil one regarding guardianship which is secret. That's how I understand it, so we won't here any news about the progression of the guardianship case.

I wonder who the witness is who is being flown in from Hawaii. A cell mate?? :D It could be the landlord saying no kids and pets.

That other question I have keeps popping into my head and then disappearing just before I type it. I hate when that happens.
I think it’s an employee at the company who did their wedding...the officiant/photographer. They told them Lori didn’t have young children. Could also be the landlady they tried to rent a room with. They told her they had no children...

CD has a mortgage balance of $138K on his property in Rexburg. I’m guessing that he’s spent the last few days rallying the troops for this very scenario, a reduced bail whereby they have the money ready to go.
Have you got a link for the mortgage amount?

I really do keep wondering if Chad and Lori truly thought that the cult followers would be filling the coffers for the bond.???? Maybe they will come through eventually. It seems as if there are no other assets to speak of. I bet all members are all second-guessing... I wonder if Hector can invoke some "required tithing" (and I am not being sarcastic)

Last edited:
I think it’s an employee at the company who did their wedding...the officiant/photographer. They told them Lori didn’t have young children. Could also be the landlady they tried to rent a room with. They told her they had no children...
Right...and I believe the landlady, who was considering renting to them, actually has that message in a text, right?

Last edited:
I haven't seen that about the wedding people before. Do you have a link to where you read it?

Lori's a curious one for me. I didn't realize she grew up LDS until I read about her childhood in an article. Even though she belonged to a faithful family and attended seminary, her life choices after high school abandon the mainstream mormon path of: mission, temple marriage, babies, raise a family, serve another mission as empty nesters, become mission presidents, die & go to heaven. (Slightly tongue in cheek, but that's the UT/ID/AZ stereotype. It's how my life went for the most part [minus the dying!] And most of my family members' lives as well.)

She's had multiple non-member husbands, never seems to have 'made it' to the temple, children from different fathers, etc. It's definitely not a typical mormon life story. Charles and his family say she seriously changed when she got into the end of times stuff. I'd be really curious to know what her church activity looked like before then. I don't think Charles or his family belonged to the church and I imagine she was inactive when she married him. It was her longest marriage so I'd wager they were fairly happy until she got involved with the extreme stuff.

Anyway, she just doesn't fit any of the profiles I have based on the people I grew up with and know through the LDS AVOW community. I am afraid she has some kind of undiagnosed personality disorder. I don't know what her motivations might be.

Edited to add: Another thing that stands out to me is that most of the people I know personally who get really into the 'chosen one' stuff are from very privileged backgrounds in their mormon communities. They come from 'general authority' stock and believe they have been very blessed because of their righteousness. They are proud of their pioneer heritage and have a certain brand of proud-humility about them... they talk a LOT about being thankful for god's blessings. These are the types of people IME who end up feeling like they're future prophets... not women with a messy marriage/divorce history and kids from different fathers. Not that redemption doesn't play a part in everyone's life story... it's just another difference I've noticed from the (I'm sorry to armchair diagnose) raging narcissists in my life who claim to have been grand beings in their past lives.

Chad is far easier for me to understand. He was raised LDS and walked the walk and talked the talk. I think he truly believes the things he's written and prophesied about, though I agree he doesn't *look* like the sharpest tool in the shed, especially lately in the news. What I don't know is why he abandoned the mainstream LDS path (married in the temple, kids mostly raised) to leap off a cliff with Lori. Was it really a mutual belief in these extreme things? Has she pulled one over on him? Is it a massive midlife crisis combined with some developing diagnosed mental issues? Did the 'specialness' he grew up with in the church give him delusions of grandeur? So many questions.

Thanks for your thoughts, it may simply be a midlife crisis issue for Chad, but if their motivations truly are more ‘spiritual’ I feel this may end along the lines of a Heaven’s Gate scenario. MOO

These proceedings involve the State's charges against Lori and, thus, will be public. There is no crossover with the family court proceedings directly. If evidence from the family court or reference to events occurring in family court become relevant, the judge would likely order that evidence to be maintained confidential per Idaho law. However, given the charges pending against Lori now, there wouldn't be much in the family court files that would be particularly pertinent to the questions involved here. Idaho law protects minor children by making proceedings involving them confidential. However, when a parent abandons a child or puts a child at risk, the parent must answer in district court and all evidence of the parent's care and treatment of the child are relevant and a matter of public record unless the court specifically finds a reason to seal evidence. This does occur on occasion. For instance, courts will sometimes keep evidence confidential if it may jeopardize a pending criminal proceeding or when it may expose an innocent third party to jeopardy in some manner. In this case I don't see many potential snags that would require evidence be kept sealed. Keep in mind, though, that evidence is NOT public until it is introduced by one of the parties. The prosecution almost certainly has a great deal of information that it will choose to keep to itself for now. They only need to produce enough evidence to convince the judge that each charge is legitimate. The record is already quite clear that Lori has refused to cooperate and has defied court orders and the prosecution could almost certainly have her bound over to the district court without revealing anything new. Nevertheless, prosecutors often use preliminary hearings as a means to shape public opinion and apply pressure on a defendant. We saw this in the proceedings against Paul Manafort and in other recent trials. Right now the public interest is very much helping law enforcement. Any time the public's interest is piqued adds to the likelihood of leads or tips and the biggest problem Chad and Lori face now is a motivated public hoping to find the kids. Thus, I believe there will be at least some new information delivered on the 18th based on how such high profile cases have been handled in the past.

Does anyone know if Lori is likely getting updates on the progress securing a bail bondsman, or has she been sitting in her cell for the last 6-7 hours expecting to be sprung any minute? In movies people always seem surprised when they’re told they made bail, suggesting it all happens behind the scenes w/o their knowledge—at least in Hollywood’s version.

I don’t mind at all the thought of her sitting in her cell getting more and more worried that maybe Hubby decided not to post bail after all. I would love for her to sit there all weekend just fretting. I bet it wouldn’t take long before she starts to get mad at Chad. And IMO any wedge that can be driven between those two means a better chance of finding out what happened to Tylee and JJ.

I know the odds are against it, but my faith in humanity will be restored if every bondsman in the state decide :

Uh, no. Don’t think so. Not gonna do it. Not this time. Don’t care how much $ I could make. Where are the kids, Lori?

I'm probably the only one here, but I think Lori knew right away when the bond was set at $1 million that Chad would have difficulty bailing her out. Watch Lori's face when the judge set bail at $1 Million. She briefly closes her eyes and gives a very slight grimace but pulls herself together so quickly I couldn't capture it on a screenshot. It's at about 37:50 minutes into the video:
Her attorney also seems to briefly look towards Lori, when the judge says $1 million but Lori doesn't look in the female attorney's direction, so she turns her attention back towards the judge. To me, the attorney's brief glance at Lori revealed she knew that amount was not what they were hoping for (she was arguing for $10,000-$50,000 after all).

MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member