Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
LV 1:10 to 6:02
"She needs to get comfortable in that jail cell because she is going to be in there for a long time."

I really like his dumb criminal of the day/week segments. His delivery and cadence reminds me a lot of Colbert.

He addresses the fact that some listeners did not pick up on his sarcasm when he said in his last presentation, "Lori Vallow just can't catch a break." Says some people just take everything too literally.

And if you note, there is a red book with "S-A-R-C-A-S-M" as its title on the spine laying nearby (next to the photograph of the man in uniform). Clever!

I started out doing a traditional timeline with an interpretation at the end but it just got to complicated to follow, so instead I produced a hypothetical narrative of the events in January 2019, to be consumed with liberal seasonings of "alleged," "probably," and "my best guess."

I am operating under two assumptions: that a plot to kill Charles for his insurance money was initiated in January, and that Lori devised and acted this plot out with the assistance of others.

Sources are the full Divorce Petition (including the bank statement appendices) and some entries from the Websleuth timeline. Other sources are noted.

Thursday, January 3, 2019: The rental listing for the Gilbert house is removed. Shortly after that the family moves from the Chandler house they had rented for two years to Gilbert. [Zillow]

Monday, January 14, 2019: Lori is in a podcast with Chad, JM, MG in Mesa. The blurb says “Jason, Melanie and Lori have fun with Chad, who also has a great sense of humor like the rest of them!” [Social media]

Thursday, January 17, 2019: Charles buys Tylee's Jeep in Texas. It is likely they drove it back to Arizona at this time [faxvin.com]

Saturday, January 19, 2019: Lori is in a podcast with Chad, JM and MG in Mesa.

Saturday, January 19, 2019 to Saturday, January 26, 2019: At some point in this interval Lori leaves the Gilbert house and Charles is alone with Tylee, JJ, and Bailey the dog.

Sunday, January 27, 2019: Charles goes on a business trip to Texas. His itinerary is to fly to San Antonio, drive to Houston, and return back from San Antonio. Sunday departure for Monday business seems most plausible. JJ is left in the care of Tylee, who has the Jeep while Charles's F-150 is at the airport and Lori's Infiniti is with her somewhere. It is my assessment that Lori and person or persons unknown intended to kill Charles sometime on this trip, with Lori safely out of suspicion in Arizona. Charles spends the night in San Antonio. It is possible that his being there Sunday night rather than Houston is what derailed the murder plot.

Monday, January 28, 2019: Lori returns to the Gilbert house. She spends an unknown amount at a high end facial rejuvination spa (in anticipation of being on television after news of Charles's death becomes public?) and buys dinner for her and the kids at Popeye's. She starts transferring assets from the company to get them clear of upcoming probate, moving rental car points first. Charles spends $24 at a truck stop in Katy, TX on his way from San Antonio to Houston, where he spends the night.

Tuesday, January 29, 2019: Lori continues transferring company assets to avoid probate. She buys $184 worth of groceries at Walmart, indicating an intention to stay. She initiates the "I am god" phone call with Charles. GB is listening in. It is possible that this was prearranged by Lori or others to cement her alibi as a harmless ditz at home while Charles was on the road. The business receives a $16k payment from an insurance company. Lori might have been waiting for this before proceeding with the money transfers.

Wednesday, January 30, 2019: Busy day for everybody. Lori buys gas and continues to transfer money out of the business. Charles stops at an Arbys at Katy TX on the way back from Houston to San Antonio. He spends a few bucks at a 7-11 when he gets there. He calls Lori, who is thrown into a panic because by now he is supposed to be dead. She says a bunch of weird and aggresive things on the phone and then she and her accomplice(s) work to delay Charles and distract him from figuring out what was going on. Lori and company spend $17 at Home Depot on locksets, change the locks on the house, cancel Charles's ticket, hijack his truck from the airport, get Tylee's jeep out of the way, grab the company computer so he can't immediately figure what Lori was up to, and take his clothes as a further distraction. Lori then takes JJ and Tylee with her to a nearby hotel. It is not clear whether they took Bailey the dog, nor where all the stuff cleared from the house was stashed that night.

Wednesday, January 30, 2019 (Continued). Charles arrives at San Antonio airport and discovers his ticked has been cancelled, and spends $600 on a last-minute replacement. He arrives at Phoenix to find his truck gone. He gets a taxi partway and then arranges with a friend (GB again?) to take him home. He discovers he is locked out and calls the Gilbert police to break in and clear the house of possible intruders. Operating on the assumption that Lori has simply flipped out, he arranges for a psych hold and texts Tylee late at night to tell her Lori has gone nuts.

Thursday, January 31, 2019: The events of this day have been discussed in detail in other postings, especially Tortoise's excellent analysis on page 18 of this thread. Lori was cool and rational and starting to build a legend of Charles as abusive and dangerous. This implies that there was a meeting of her and accomplice(s) the night before to replan after the failed murder attempt. Four days later she was on another podcast with JM, MG, and a new guy. A few days later she flew to Hawaii. Why, and what she was doing there, is a whole 'nuther mystery.

I truly believe LV/LD/Devilwoman had a plan for Alex to murder CV while she was in Hawaii with Tylee...Alex failed and she was extremely angry with him, that could be what the heated argument was between them..
Yeah, he had done such a great job with Joe... and arguing about a failed murder plot is probably done best out in the street, not in front of the kiddos...

Last edited:
MOO
Not being able to sleuth the person who may or may not have the same initials as the illustrator of some books published by Chad, I seriously doubt the GB person in that article is telling the truth. This GB works for (R)JM and CD and grew up near LV and went to college in, of all the places on the planet,...Rexburg, ID. Just coincidences?? And that is who CV would turn to for help? Can this get stranger?
I don't know anything about this person. However, both the store and illustrator of RJMs books are Mormon. As was Charles, and as is Lori. It is very likely they were in the same congregation (at some point, they moved around a lot and congregations are organized geographically). So, I find it neither coincidental, nor necessarily nefarious, that the relationships in a congregation could be very intertwined in many different ways--socially/business/etc.

MOO
The key for me is that she left her car keys and purse in the car, but had the spare with her. I think she probably just guessed that if she left it in plain sight, with the games she was playing and the money she had stolen and other things including his clothes and desktop computer, he would pick it up and look for clues about what she was doing. It looks like a trap to me when I add up all the things I think she revealed in her police interview. The only thing that gives me pause is if she left her hotel key card in her purse, but maybe that was a decoy too.

This is what he says in his divorce petition about what happened the night before: "Mother called Father and told him that she and JJ were in a hotel for the night and that she would take JJ to school in the morning. . ."

Link - Justin Lum Fox 10 Phoenix

moo
Not to defend Lori (ever!), but ways to get a spare:
- you have it in one of those magnetic lockers underneath your car
-Tylee brings it or carries a key on her keychain, and was already with her?

Of note, since I see this misstated a lot: Lori is using her mom's old phone, but bought a new sim card. She discusses it in two separate times in the video and if not at all clear about it (or exactly how she got them. Tylee?), But I'm pretty sure that's the story.

(snipped by me)
Not to defend Lori (ever!), but ways to get a spare:
- you have it in one of those magnetic lockers underneath your car
-Tylee brings it or carries a key on her keychain, and was already with her?

Of note, since I see this misstated a lot: Lori is using her mom's old phone, but bought a new sim card. She discusses it in two separate times in the video and if not at all clear about it (or exactly how she got them. Tylee?), But I'm pretty sure that's the story.

It's really easy. If you want the authorized route, you take the phone in to your carrier, pay for the new SIM card, and wait while they put it in and transfer the contents of the old one to your new SIM. Or you can do it yourself, or have a third party (usually a kiosk at the mall) do it for you.

Tylee might have done it. It sounds like she might have been fairly adept technically.

Mr. Carbuff and I swapped SIM cards a few years ago when he upgraded his iPhone. They moved his old SIM card to the new phone, put a new card in his old phone, and then copied the SIM card from my old and dying Samsung to his old iPhone. Presto, working phones with all our saved information intact.

I truly believe LV/LD/Devilwoman had a plan for Alex to murder CV while she was in Hawaii with Tylee...Alex failed and she was extremely angry with him, that could be what the heated argument was between them..
The heated argument was before she was in Hawaii. But I absolutely agree with you that she expected Charles to be killed while she conveniently had an alibi.

I think part of the confusion is because the documents need certain things to be appropriately electronically filed on the case record, which involves a seal and signature from the Clerk of the Court, regardless of which side is making the demand.

I have no good explanation for heading “State of Idaho: To”, and agree that this was probably a copy paste error on the part of MM.

I could be wrong but I don't think the subpoenas are incorrect, I think those are standard forms, prepared by the issuing party, for the court to rubberstamp and issue.

moo

Yes, all subpoenas recite that it is the state ordering you to comply. Private attorneys have no authority on their own to order anyone to produce documents, testify, etc.

Justin Lum Fox 10 on Twitter

[URL='https://twitter.com/jlumfox10']Justin Lum Fox 10

@jlumfox10[/URL]

WOOD RESPONDS: Madison Co Prosecutor Rob Wood filed response to Lori Vallow’s attorney’s discovery request. Doc lists dozens of key witnesses linked case of the disappearances of JJ & Tylee. State won’t provide LE messages or names of those contacted by Rexburg PD. #fox10phoenix

Cont’d: State is gathering LV’s financial records & will send to her attorney within a week of this disclosure. Autopsy/Tox reports of CV, Alex Cox, Tammy Daybell & Joseph Ryan won’t be provided, “irrelevant to desertion of the minor children,” per Wood. #fox10phoenix

Justin Lum Fox 10
@jlumfox10

Important to note that deaths of Charles, Tammy and Alex are all still under investigation. Wood says IF agencies handling those cases release any more info to Madison Co., it will be provided to LV’s defense. #fox10phoenix
4:11 PM · Apr 21, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

Last edited:
Here is a link to the other case of the car mysteriously going off a cliff. The video is shocking and to this date, it is still a mystery who went off the cliff.

Including both the video link and the WS thread

Dramatic video shows car plunging off cliff on California coast

CA - Police searching for car seen in video driving off hwy cliff in California, 30 December 2019

I see why you think LV would do such a thing, but I don’t think it’s possible, as another poster suggested, that she could have driven the kids off a cliff in a rental. If you don’t return a rented car (I’m not talking about just late, I’m talking about never), the agency lists it as stolen and typically an arrest warrant goes out on the wire. LE wouldn’t miss something like that, not in Lively Lori’s case!

I see why you think LV would do such a thing, but I don’t think it’s possible, as another poster suggested, that she could have driven the kids off a cliff in a rental. If you don’t return a rented car (I’m not talking about just late, I’m talking about never), the agency lists it as stolen and typically an arrest warrant goes out on the wire. LE wouldn’t miss something like that, not in Lively Lori’s case!

I don't think LV would go off a cliff in her own car. She'd get one somebody else was paying for. Possibly someone who hasn't crossed our radar.

Of course since she's sitting in an Idaho jail, we know she didn't do it, so it's kind of a moot point.

Screenshots to documents of Justin Lum's twitter post in above comment
Thanks! Just FYI there's 8 pages total. To view the others click the "show this thread" button at the bottom of Justin Lum's post.

The prosecution's response really highlights some of Mr. Means'... how shall I say it? lack of experience and/or how out of his depth he is on this case. Here's just a snippet, from one of their responses (No. 13), and my interpretation (i.e. MOO):

13. Response to Defendant's Discovery Request No. 13:

The State objects to Request No. 13 to the extent it has not already complied on the grounds that the requested items are outside the care and custody of Madison County Prosecutor's Office... (interpretation: You have already tried this stunt before and just as before we will not comply with your request because you are asking for stuff that we don't have and isn't even in our jurisdiction)

... and the deaths of the above mentioned individuals is irrelevant to the desertion of the minor children who are the subject of the above-captioned case. (and besides that the information you seek has nothing whatsoever to do with our case against your client, which is that her children are missing and Lori hasn't been taking care of them like she should be)

Further, the Madison County Prosecutor's Office has no jurisdiction over the investigation of the deaths of any of the mentioned individuals. (again, you're asking for stuff that is outside of our jurisdiction)

Any information the Madison County Prosecutor's Office may have pertaining to the deaths of the above mentioned individuals has already been provided to the Defense in the State's initial discovery disclosure and would be found in the Rexburg Police Report and accompanying documents. (We've already given you everything we have and that you need. Why don't you just read through what is already available to you?)

Further, the requested information is likely part of continuing investigations that investigating agencies have no duty to report during an investigation phase. (and as much as you'd like to get your hands on that information nobody is legally obligated to give it to you right now since it's part of an ongoing investigation.)

Nevertheless, the State further objects to Request No. 13 to the extent it has not already complied and to the extent that Request No. 13 requests the State to collect evidence for the Defendant. Please see the State's response to Request No. 9. (You have already tried this stunt before and as before we will not comply with your request because you are asking us to do your job for you. Do your own homework and collect your own evidence to defend your client)

Finally, the State objects to the Defendant's Request No. 13 in that it is overly broad, unduly burdensome, and outside the scope of I.C.R. 16 as it relates to the case currently before the Court. The State will comply with the requirements set out in Brady vs. Maryland, 373 U.S. 83 (1963) (Your request is way too broad, vague, would create an undue burden on us, and is outside of the scope of our laws. We've already provided and will continue to provide you with everything you legally need from us, now your legal obligation is to do your own research to defend your client instead of expecting us to do it for you)

At least they worded it very politely and professionally. But it still shows just how far off base some of the Defense' requests have been, and just how much out of their league they're batting. JMO.

I think that CD is lucky LVD is in a jail cell. I have absolutely no doubt that he would have had an "accident" in a year or so. After the life insurance policies were in place.
Just think how romantic it will be when they are both in prison? Different prisons of course, but they can teleport to each other in their minds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hills89