Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #31

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I stand corrected. Seems to me State by State law is a good thing to review before writing. But I presume AZ allows criminal defendants to a jury trial in all cases.

Felonies, yes. The initial post you were responding to was talking about a custody hearing, I think.

Wow....this gets stranger. I would think to represent both parties would be a conflict of interest. Any lawyer please chime in. Thank you

I would sure see it as a conflict, because part of any competent representation of either of them would be to explore the option of turning on the other one.

Felonies, yes. The initial post you were responding to was talking about a custody hearing, I think.

I would sure see it as a conflict, because part of any competent representation of either of them would be to explore the option of turning on the other one.
Just a thought, are they trading representation for book rights?

AZlawyer first thank you for your answers and input. You are appreciated very much.

Can the Judge step in and say there has to be a different lawyer, from different offices representing the two defendants? If so who decides who would get the current lawyer, Lori because she had him first or the Judge?

OT - by chance just read about "The Jolly Black Widow" Nannie Doss, who killed four husbands, two children, her two sisters, her mother, a grandson, and a mother-in-law. Reminded me of this case.

ETA: "Many of her victims were family members with insurance policies she could cash in on, and she frequently crossed state lines after each kill to elude police attention." link
ETA2: "Her string of murders would have been enough of a curiosity, but she made an impression with her upbeat demeanor. She seemed to enjoy her notoriety, and even joked about her dead husbands with the press." "Her weapon of choice: arsenic, which she stirred into stewed prunes, coffee, or moonshine"

Wow :)

Very interesting read!!! And, OH! The giggling!

AZlawyer first thank you for your answers and input. You are appreciated very much.

Can the Judge step in and say there has to be a different lawyer, from different offices representing the two defendants? If so who decides who would get the current lawyer, Lori because she had him first or the Judge?
There was a trial last year in Georgia - the murder of Laila Daniel - which resulted in the convictions of the foster parents, who were represented by one attorney.

The state filed a motion to disqualify the attorney from representing both defendants due to conflict of interest and the judge denied the motion.

Appeals against the convictions have been filed, but I haven't been able to find the grounds of appeal. They are using separate lawyers now, of course.

Judge to consider disqualifying Rosenbaums’ attorney from joint representation in murder case

Prosecutors fail to oust defense attorney in child death case

Rosenbaums, convicted of murder in death of 2-year-old foster child, file appeal

Justin Lum Fox 10 Phoenix
7 hrs ·
Report coming soon — A revelation of what Chad Daybell sent to Lori Vallow nearly a year before her children went missing. The teachings that are hard to explain and disturbing to read. A list of people close to Lori Vallow, labeled and judged by the doomsday author. Documents you won’t find from any other reporter on the case.

Author
Justin Lum Fox 10 Phoenix Day and time of newscast is TBD. Do not want to promise details but we have been doing research on this for months. Stay tuned.

Last edited:
Justin Lum Fox 10 Phoenix
7 hrs ·
Report coming soon — A revelation of what Chad Daybell sent to Lori Vallow nearly a year before her children went missing. The teachings that are hard to explain and disturbing to read. A list of people close to Lori Vallow, labeled and judged by the doomsday author. Documents you won’t find from any other reporter on the case.

Author
Justin Lum Fox 10 Phoenix Day and time of newscast is TBD. Do not want to promise details but we have been doing research on this for months. Stay tuned.
I read that as a zombie list, compiled by Chad. And that was before the his "seven goals to accomplish together" email to Lori and before she called Charles Nick Schneider? IMO Chad was not only involved, he's was the instigator in the deaths. Fat chance of getting away with it by turning on Lori in court.

I read that as a zombie list, compiled by Chad. And that was before the his "seven goals to accomplish together" email to Lori and before she called Charles Nick Schneider? IMO Chad was not only involved, he's was the instigator in the deaths. Fat chance of getting away with it by turning on Lori in court.
Exactly what I think.

This is huge. Justin has this, I wonder if Fox's lawyers are debating on the implications of releasing this. I'm puzzled by Justin's additional comment.

moo

I'm confused by the bankruptcy documents linked in that Sun article.

Page 3, Real Property Schedule, says "debtor's interest in property" is $710,000 with a secured claim of $580,000.
Page 9 says she has a $580,000 mortgage with AMC Mortgage with house valued at $710,000
Page 18 lists $710,000 asset of Real Property

Page 14 states "House lease $1900 per month"
Page 20 states she pays $1,900/month rent.

If she is renting or leasing the house why would she have any knowledge of or liability for the mortgage? Or any interest in the property value?
That bothered me too and I don't have time to go back and look at the addresses. Only assuming she had already lost the house and was leasing elsewhere by the time she filed bankruptcy. Good way to stick the ex with the debt if he didn't file.

That bothered me too and I don't have time to go back and look at the addresses. Only assuming she had already lost the house and was leasing elsewhere by the time she filed bankruptcy. Good way to stick the ex with the debt if he didn't file.

I think she leased the $1900 house after they split. It also said she was pulling in $3900 plus a week cutting hair. In Austin. Yeah, right. Austin was still an overgrown college town 15 years ago, because so many would stay after finishing a degree. Pay has always been lower here than in Houston or Dallas. Not so much since people starting moving here in droves.

eta: I noticed the source of this info was the Sun. So, there's that.

Anyone else feel like MP lawyers are the type that represent the mob too?

Pinstripe suit, very professional, smooth talkers. At first glance I would have pegged
these lawyers for representing someone like Al Capone.

MOO

That old footage of the lawyer wearing all-black with a white tie, I dont know what he was thinking. Terrible idea. lol
In fact lawyers should always steer clear of looking too posh, too fashionable, too sexy, too expensive, and certainly dressing like al capone is a dumb idea. Its just distracting.

I think she leased the $1900 house after they split. It also said she was pulling in $3900 plus a week cutting hair. In Austin. Yeah, right. Austin was still an overgrown college town 15 years ago, because so many would stay after finishing a degree. Pay has always been lower here than in Houston or Dallas. Not so much since people starting moving here in droves.

eta: I noticed the source of this info was the Sun. So, there's that.
Yes the article is from the Sun, but I was reading the actual documents filed for the bankruptcy which are linked to that story. It states she leases the house and gives the owner's name and address and the end date of her lease. So why does she list the mortgage info?

Also the $99k in taxes, mostly to the IRS, is combined for her and husband #3, JR, according to the Daily Mail article mentioned here a few hours ago (I know, another dodgy source). So is she claiming JRs debt and the debt owed by the owner of the house as her own liabilities? Sounds like fraud to me. Is she capable of telling the truth?

I don’t think this will happen. Technically the joint representation could be done ethically—for example, Chad’s previous lawyer could have explored with him all options, including turning on Lori, and Chad could have been advised in writing that the current joint representation is undertaken only on the understanding that he has vehemently rejected that option after being fully advised of the risks...etc etc. To determine for sure whether the conflict was properly addressed would involve too much interference in the attorney-client relationship.

ITA!

And, just want to add... I love Justin Lum's continued research and reports on this case! (As I'm sure we all do!)

Yes the article is from the Sun, but I was reading the actual documents filed for the bankruptcy which are linked to that story. It states she leases the house and gives the owner's name and address and the end date of her lease. So why does she list the mortgage info?

Also the $99k in taxes, mostly to the IRS, is combined for her and husband #3, JR, according to the Daily Mail article mentioned here a few hours ago (I know, another dodgy source). So is she claiming JRs debt and the debt owed by the owner of the house as her own liabilities? Sounds like fraud to me. Is she capable of telling the truth?

I had to dig in Hays County records but found the answer. I forgot that JR signed a general warranty deed transferring the property to Lori.
That's why she can claim ownership of the house and rental expenses. See attached.

Attachments

• ryanwarrantydeed1.PNG
    ryanwarrantydeed1.PNG
    649 KB · Views: 33
  • ryanwarrantydeed2.PNG
    ryanwarrantydeed2.PNG
    388.3 KB · Views: 33
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online