Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #36

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I always got the impression that Chad was sexually repressed and all was not perfect with Tammy. Based on some of his writings, he was a bit of a control freak with Tammy..(chiding her for playing video games etc). Chad and Tammy were HS sweethearts, then you have all the typical conservative LDS beliefs (not Chad's visions) and sometimes a sex life becomes secondary. My grandparents had an arranged marriage..although I haven't been there done that, I've been there = seen that. According to LDS beliefs Chad and Tammy were married for "eternity" and if their marriage is having problems, I assume the church recommends counseling, (I'm not LDS) but I get the impression counseling didn't happen. Then Chad has all these visions and we don't know if/how they put a strain on their marriage. Personally, I would think they would because much of it goes outside traditional LDS beliefs. (OK..I corrected typo: I had typed LSD instead of LDS, Maybe Chad has LSD visions?..LOL)

Chad's beliefs were "way out there" Then Lori comes along and appears enamoured with Chad's visions. He feel he has found his soul mate and is swept off his feet. MOO, MOO, MOO

It would be interesting to know how Tammy dealt with all of Chad's visions. We will probably never know because she probably didn't say much to her family and friends, but my gut feeling tells me, she was troubled by it all and probably kept it to herself...MOO, MOO, MOO

Yes...at the end of the day this is just the oldest story in the books. Lust and Greed.
But with Evil thrown in.

My views of Chad are just loser, loser, loser..career-wise, position in the church-wise etc..
Leaves UT for Rexburg and just reinvents his sorry-*advertiser censored* middle-age soul. And fraud (I am convinced he made up his near death experiences after listening to the Suzanne Freeman interview).
Every time I would think about Tammy and what he did to her--prob for years... i just get so angry...

You'd be surprised. There is a whole TV series called Buried In the Backyard...
Nothing surprises me on ID. They could have all sorts of catchy names for this case: "The Gold Digger and the Grave Digger: was suggested somewhere on SM. They could have a series and name each episode, starting with Chad's visions such as: When LDS seems like LSD.

Being a rural area, digging in a back yard wouldn't raise too many flags, especially if it was done prior to this case becoming so high profile. If there was some sort of suspicion of that, I doubt LE wouldn't have waited till June to swoop down.

LV doesn't have a history of longevity with husbands so I like the theory that with LV being locked up while CD ran around, no bail from him, the MG interview, pressure from LE, and lots of time to self-reflect, it all may have gotten to where she finally broke down. A tip may have even come from an inmate of LV that she may have confided with.

If the tip came in some form via LV, I doubt she would have been able to pinpoint with the accuracy LE had when they started digging unless she actually assisted in the burials in some way. With cadaver dogs, pinpointing may not have been necessary and just knowing the bodies were somewhere on the property would have sufficed since the dogs would do the rest.

As far as CD's family goes, family will stick up for family and it's quite evident that there is strong family self denial, so I don't think the tip would have come from them. Of course, the way this case is going anything is possible.

As an aside, I used to live in the Chicago area and not too far from the home of John Wayne Gacy who murdered at least 33 young men and buried them in the crawl space of his home back in the '70's. Burying victims on one's own property, if nothing else, is convenient so that part doesn't surprise me one bit.

I don’t have any concrete proof, but I imagine we will see some conspiracy charges come down on Chad and Lori.

Among other reasons, that’s a good way to hit them hard even if it’s suspected that Alex was the actual murderer.

That may be the only way to prosecute? @gitana1 are you following the case?

I believe the roadblocks were strategic. Grey and others documented where they were... two points of exit... 2 points clear.. or so he thought of the four ways to leave.

MOO

CD really could have bolted long before. Of course, since the Pandemic, his options were much less. Really mindblowing that LVD and CD didn't leave for some country without extradition.

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1270586520920100864?s=21
Boom! Chad the writer made it to the big leagues

New York Times
The stepfather of 2 Idaho children who have been missing for months was arrested after investigators found unidentified human remains on his property

It just disgusts me that they call him that........ He was NEVER a stepfather.

He married their mother after these children were DEAD. just makes me boil.

Wish the media would get this straight.

Just a question because I may have missed it. How do we know Chad was running ? . I was thinking they just got him before he made it home or just after leaving home?

MOO.. All below is just a parody... not true...

Oh my gosh. From the videos, we saw that he was coming from the house direction (we DO know from approved videos on MSM where it happened, and Gray Hughes overlapped to show exactly where... as what he does)

But it did give me a guffaw laugh... what if Lori heard that he was out with another woman and was coming home. Just a dream I had through a portal!

I've followed this case from the sidelines. So very sad to get confirmation that these children are dead even though we know this is the outcome 99% of the time.

Parents (steps and sig others) who murder innocent children angers me to my core. The ultimate betrayal IMO.

I hope both of these disgusting, selfish, and sick perps never see the light of day as a free person again. Comfort and peace to the families of JJ and Tylee during this time.

Yeah, it doesn’t make much sense that she would talk, unless they had a staggering amount of evidence against her. I just don’t see that.

Her attitude would probably be “no bodies, no murder.”

I’m confused as to how this all came to be, as I do get the impression that law enforcement knew exactly where to look.
Maybe they were following the property for changes to soil levels from the first raid to now. Could be done with drones

...and don’t you think in hindsight a jury will be more sympathetic to AC.
How convenient he died when he did.
Chad & Lori basically pulled all the triggers.

MOO
I’m beginning to think Lori pulled all the triggers. Triggers in her former marriages, in her children, in her immediate family (Alex, MP and others), and in Chad.

I think of Chad as just a con man writing books for gullible people and Lori as using him to make money and have a great lifestyle.

Chad could say people turned dark and became zombies but it took someone with the will to pull the trigger to make sure they died. Lori wanted that.

They make me sick.

Some people have been asking why Chad would bury the remains in his own back yard as opposed to a remote location.

I believe that the answer is control.

By burying the remains on your own property, you generally have greater control over who has access to the burial site, making it less likely for someone to accidentally stumble upon the remains.

Additionally, if someone sees you digging on your own property, you are far less memorable than if someone sees you digging in an odd location like a national park.

MOO

I'm more inclined to think now that the Melanie Gibb interview may have been the result of police profiling work. I don't know if Lori would have seen it mind you. I like the idea because she is the best person to have said all the things she did to appeal to Lori's vanity, and it fits with Lori's skills with blaming others, and may have led to her making a deal. It also helps me understand why someone would lay off showing any anger for the horrific things she did.

It might not have been what led to this search, it may have been something as simple as Chad's preparations for his new mobile home, or Chad and Lori's recorded phone conversations about that.

I also wonder if they will find other evidence (buried or burned) connected with Tammy's death.

MOO

My point was basically that if they found bones it would be unlikely to be the kids. I don't think bodies in the ground in Idaho would decompose that quickly over the winter. So IF they had only found bones that would point to it not being the kids. I am all but 100% convinced now that it is the kids and and we are only waiting for confirmation from DNA or dental records. CP seems to be trying to create a false narrative that only bones were found.

Unless he burned them first, then there would only be bones left b/c I doubt he could get a fire as hot as a crematorium to burn the bones too. There is a lot they can learn from bones, though. I went to a talk by a forensic anthropologist (real life Bones) several years ago and I don't remember much other than the impression that cause of death, identity, etc can be determined if the skeleton is mostly intact.

Now, would Chad have the stomach to do that? I doubt it. His experience is in digging graves not working in a crematorium so his profile says that he'd be more likely to simply bury them.

I get the feeling that LE picked up on some information in those daily video chats between LV &CD...that were recorded. It was probably in conjunction with some other information they obtained in this ongoing investigation.

moo

I'm more inclined to think now that the Melanie Gibb interview may have been the result of police profiling work. I don't know if Lori would have seen it mind you. I like the idea because she is the best person to have said all the things she did to appeal to Lori's vanity, and it fits with Lori's skills with blaming others, and may have led to her making a deal. It also helps me understand why someone would lay off showing any anger for the horrific things she did.

It might not have been what led to this search, it may have been something as simple as Chad's preparations for his new mobile home, or Chad and Lori's recorded phone conversations about that.

I also wonder if they will find other evidence (buried or burned) connected with Tammy's death.

MOO
I am starting to feel the same. With part 1 of Melanie's interview, I was intrigued feeling her naive but sortof honest. But with part 2, I was thinking "who the h does she think she is", spewing this stuff, still "loving Lori", but no love or feelings for the kids. Part 3 sealed it for me, and I was feelihg she was a total fake covering her own butt. But I am wondering now.. if that whole interview really did have strategic purpose --for Lori to hear her. I guess we will just have to wait and see....

MOO
I am starting to feel the same. With part 1 of Melanie's interview, I was intrigued feeling her naive but sortof honest. But with part 2, I was thinking "who the h does she think she is", spewing this stuff, still "loving Lori", but no love or feelings for the kids. Part 3 sealed it for me, and I was feelihg she was a total fake covering her own butt. But I am wondering now.. if that whole interview really did have strategic purpose --for Lori to hear her. I guess we will just have to wait and see....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Madgirl83