Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #38

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

I don't think I've ever seen this, thank you.

What an admirable young man. He was like Kay and Larry in the beginning. He was out there asking for the truth and keeping it in the media. I did see his personal youtubes in the very beginning.

ETA: Interesting in that after CV's shooting he went to house and found out not a heart attack. AC was there on the couch, and "a wrap around his head"...

Um.. we saw the video/bodycam. There was no reason to have "something wrapped AROUND his head other than to share a falsehood that it was a bad injury with lots of bleeding...which was NOT seen on body cam.

Last edited:
BBM
I don't understand this idea. LV and her family are all about divorce! The more the merrier!
In fact, there seem to be divorces sprinkled all over this tale, and not just among the Vallows. I'm quite shocked, as I didn't think LDS-ers were into divorce.

The Vallow family was not LDS, although there is some information that CV converted for Lori.

I've settled on a very similar timeline. I never thought Tylee was killed in YNP. I think she was alive for a few more days. I do differ with you a bit on the burial. I think it happened after Tammy died. I am just not sure where the bodies could have been stored in the interim. I keep wondering if there are accomplices we don't know of yet who might have access to a meat locker or large freezer. One would expect this with a prepper group so I don't think that is too far out there. I just don't think Chad could have buried bodies while Tammy was alive unless it was when she visited her parents.

I think it was when she visited her parents. Chad was the one that encouraged her to do that, if I recall correctly. 2 or 3 people in the middle of the night could have easily buried them. Jmo

So please bear with me because I want to post a few things from the timeline that convince me that those children were murdered in the townhouse.
RSBM (respectfully snipped by me)

I think it's possible JJ was killed in the townhouse but I think Tylee would have been killed elsewhere. Mainly for the following reasons -

1. they took a trip out to Yellowstone, and Alex doesn't strike me as a hiker. I'm not suggesting she was killed in Yellowstone Park but somewhere remote on a convoluted journey home, and that was the purpose of the trip. I think it's possible Tylee was tricked into leaving the vehicle (maybe he said there were engine problems or needed to stop to see something like wildlife) JJ was drugged and sleeping at the time, carried in to bed when they got back, and given a story about Tylee going to stay at college and he would see her soon. I wouldn't be surprised to find out she was shot. If her body was dismembered I think it would be to conceal her in something, and for ease of carrying her, and Lori may have driven home with JJ and left Alex somewhere with Tylee's body, going back to get him the following day.

2. I think murdering Tylee in the house would have been a noise risk with neighbors and JJ, especially if Tylee saw it coming and struggled or JJ wandered in and discovered either the murder taking place or her dead body in the hours afterwards. I think Lori was especially vigilant of JJ when Charles was shot and that's why she waited until JJ was put in the car and had Tylee lined up to go and stop him returning to the house. I also think it risked leaving evidence there of a struggle or disturbance, like broken items.

3. I think Tylee was possibly dismembered and there wouldn't be much purpose to killing in one place and moving to another place to do that. Too much chance of getting caught with a whole body on the journey and contaminating the house and vehicle. It makes more sense to me that if one of the bodies was cut up (as I think is probable) it would be Tylee's because moving her and concealing her would be more difficult than JJ given his size and weight.

4. I think a crime scene at the house would have resulted in charges of murder and not desertion. I don't necessarily think the same would apply if JJ was killed there because firstly Tylee was already eliminated as a witness, and secondly he is not likely to have been able to put up much of a struggle against adults, especially if he was drugged, and I expect they used a means which would not cause bleeding and he could be quickly moved, leaving few traces that couldn't be cleaned up.

JMO

Glycol is a potential poison Chad could have used. There are two common ones used widely - ethylene glycol is flourescent green and propylene glycol is very pink. Both might be tough to hide in a drink! And I don't think the symptoms fit. But in the fall in Idaho I'm sure everyone has antifreeze on hand.

It is also sold clear and used to make vape juice. It has a mild sweetness.

Okay - here's what I have for this case - please correct anything that might be wrong - I scanned a bunch of articles. Also - "when" was Lori arrested? And do I have ALL her charges correct or are there more?

Wednesday, July 1st:
*Preliminary Hearing (@ am MT) – ID – Joshua Jaxon (JJ) Vallow (7) & Tylee Ashlyn Ryan (17) (JJ last seen 9/23/19 & Tylee on 9/8/19, Rexburg; found 6/9/20 buried in Daybell’s yard in Salem, ID) – only for *Chad Guy Daybell (51) arrested charged (6/9/20) with 2 counts of destruction, alteration or concealment of evidence & concealing remains. $1M bond.
6/10/20 Update: Initial appearance hearing. Judge Faren Eddins sets bail at $1M & explained that should Daybell be able to post bond, he must sign waiver that he must not leave Bonneville, Jefferson, Madison or Fremont counties. He will also be required to wear an ankle monitor at all times. Daybell is scheduled to appear for a preliminary hearing on July 1. More charges pending.
*Lori Norene Vallow-Daybell (46) arrested & charged () with 2 counts of felony desertion & nonsupport of dependent children, resisting or obstructing LE, criminal solicitation to commit a crime & contempt of court. $5M bond.
Guardianship hearing on 9/30/20.
Lori was arrested on 20th Feb 2020.

our latest timeline (the part including her arrest and first court hearing) is here Niner -

ID - ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *MEDIA MAPS TIMELINE* NO DISCUSSION

you might also find this site useful for all the court documents that have been filed and hearings that have been held and are scheduled, for both of them -

Idaho Judicial Cases of Interest

Lori was arrested on 20th Feb 2020.

our latest timeline (the part including her arrest and first court hearing) is here Niner -

ID - ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *MEDIA MAPS TIMELINE* NO DISCUSSION

you might also find this site useful for all the court documents that have been filed and hearings that have been held and are scheduled, for both of them -

Idaho Judicial Cases of Interest

and thanks for the court site link! I have read thru the Media thread - that's where I got most of the information! :)

@Tortoise - oh shoot.... I can access the first page of the court link, but when I click on the "on line records search" - it won't let me access it.....

Can I count of you to give me the next court dates? :) Also, do you know what time CD's preliminary hearing starts on 7/1?
edited to add - LV's prel hearing time?

TIA!

oh - edited again! :rolleyes: birth date for Lori? I just have the year - 1973

RSBM (respectfully snipped by me)

I think it's possible JJ was killed in the townhouse but I think Tylee would have been killed elsewhere. Mainly for the following reasons -

1. they took a trip out to Yellowstone, and Alex doesn't strike me as a hiker. I'm not suggesting she was killed in Yellowstone Park but somewhere remote on a convoluted journey home, and that was the purpose of the trip. I think it's possible Tylee was tricked into leaving the vehicle (maybe he said there were engine problems or needed to stop to see something like wildlife) JJ was drugged and sleeping at the time, carried in to bed when they got back, and given a story about Tylee going to stay at college and he would see her soon. I wouldn't be surprised to find out she was shot. If her body was dismembered I think it would be to conceal her in something, and for ease of carrying her, and Lori may have driven home with JJ and left Alex somewhere with Tylee's body, going back to get him the following day.

2. I think murdering Tylee in the house would have been a noise risk with neighbors and JJ, especially if Tylee saw it coming and struggled or JJ wandered in and discovered either the murder taking place or her dead body in the hours afterwards. I think Lori was especially vigilant of JJ when Charles was shot and that's why she waited until JJ was put in the car and had Tylee lined up to go and stop him returning to the house. I also think it risked leaving evidence there of a struggle or disturbance, like broken items.

3. I think Tylee was possibly dismembered and there wouldn't be much purpose to killing in one place and moving to another place to do that. Too much chance of getting caught with a whole body on the journey and contaminating the house and vehicle. It makes more sense to me that if one of the bodies was cut up (as I think is probable) it would be Tylee's because moving her and concealing her would be more difficult than JJ given his size and weight.

4. I think a crime scene at the house would have resulted in charges of murder and not desertion. I don't necessarily think the same would apply if JJ was killed there because firstly Tylee was already eliminated as a witness, and secondly he is not likely to have been able to put up much of a struggle against adults, especially if he was drugged, and I expect they used a means which would not cause bleeding and he could be quickly moved, leaving few traces that couldn't be cleaned up.

JMO
If Tylee was killed at a remote location, why didn't they leave/bury/conceal her in the vicinity? Taking a body closer to home would increase the risk of getting caught. Also dismemberment is very messy. There was no need for it if they were already at a place unconnected to them. IMO it's possible that both children were drugged at Lori's appartment.

Well of course not he was busy galavanting in Hawaii and then hiring lawyers.
So no one was living there to mow the grass?
Maybe the county doesn’t have code enforcement? We get a notice for tall grass/weeds and then a fine if it’s not done in a certain amount of time.

There was no covid in Idaho in October of 2019. Tammy didn't travel to China either. And with covid, one is sick for a while before one dies. Tammy didn't exhibit any symptoms until the night of her death.

I think we have to be careful here and not take COVID off the table. At the very least, it could have been a complicating factor. I'm not a physician, but this seems to be consensus, responding to your points:
1. We don't know whether there was COVID in the US in October 2019, but it's very possible. No one thought to look out for it. Researchers have been pushing the arrival date back to late fall-ish, maybe earlier.
2. COVID was coming to the US from Asia via Europe. Many early sufferers had never been to China. COVID is also a virus: there is community spread.
3. "One is sick for a while before one dies" is not true in every case. The sneaky thing about COVID is that you can be asymptomatic. It can suddenly become very dire.

Although I think we have to be careful and not take COVID off the table (it could have been a complicating factor, for instance), given the history of dead bodies in this family, it seems likely that we've got "sudden onset at the hands of another".

If Tylee was killed at a remote location, why didn't they leave/bury/conceal her in the vicinity? Taking a body closer to home would increase the risk of getting caught. Also dismemberment is very messy. There was no need for it if they were already at a place unconnected to them. IMO it's possible that both children were drugged at Lori's appartment.
They killed Tylee somewhere else, but fear of grizzlies and wolves freaked them out?
Great idea on the poisoning in LV's apartment. I wonder if LE found antifreeze.

IIRC, Chad's vision that Tammy was going to die predated her actual death. Do you think he shared this bit of news with her? So that she could be extra alert and careful?

When she thought she was threatened by a paintball gun, did she say, "Chad told me that I was going to die, look into this?"

If, indeed, the vision came first, don't you think he would have told her? For her safety?

Did he tell her?

If I have the timeline wrong, apologies.

JMO

Last edited:
The Vallow family was not LDS, although there is some information that CV converted for Lori.
Interesting and odd.
I had assumed between living in St George's and moving to Rexburg—both with dominant populations of LDS-ers—her family (though maybe not the spouses) were LDS. Melani? Summer? Ian?
But that also begs a question that may have been discussed already. When did LV become LDS and why? Was the "afterlife" theme in LDS from the very beginning a deliberate and convenient cover for serial murder and not from religious conviction?
I am not intending to be offensive...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member