Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom, stepfather found* #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A thought I had that hopefully someone can answer.

Could Lori and Chad be charged with obstruction of justice? For lying to LE about the kids being in Arizona?

TIA.

Not sure about the immediate futre but I absolutely believe the lies Lori told LE about the whereabouts of the children will end up being key in future court procedings. Provable deception implies consciousness of guilt.

Had she said the children were in the care of some non-existent John Doe that she can no longer reach, the wheels of justice would be grinding even slower than they are now. That she named friends and relatives who can invalidate her claims ... that is going to sink her. MOO

Last edited:
Interesting, that the police had a search warrant for the condominium. It seems like the owner has also evicted Chad and Lori, which is why they are "hotel hopping" right now.

I was thinking perhaps law enforcement contacted the condo owner prior to the 24th. And then said they’d need to verify their residence there - so the landlord told Chad and Lori they would have to leave for the afternoon for a “potential buyer” to get them out of the house for LE to check it out. Then they were served the next day.

If they had boxes sent ahead, I guess they must’ve rented the place online.

I was thinking perhaps law enforcement contacted the condo owner prior to the 24th. And then said they’d need to verify their residence there - so the landlord told Chad and Lori they would have to leave for the afternoon for a “potential buyer” to get them out of the house for LE to check it out. Then they were served the next day.

Is that even legal? I'm having a hard time thinking LE ever stepped foot in that townhouse without a warrant. Jmo.

I think they likely arranged the rental while they were there in October/November, and shipped some of their personal effects there after packing up in Rexburg, rather than checking large bags. Lori has moved to Hawaii before, and knows the drill. I agree with whomever said they rented furniture. But it's a bit surprising that they didn't simply rent a fully-furnished place, of which plenty are available. Of course, the rent is higher on those.

They've been going about this as if there is no chance they could get in trouble for anything. They weren't on the run. Used their real names, kept their normal appearances (except for Chad's Lori-provided style makeover and weight loss), went to all the places she used to go to.

Does this speak to innocence or arrogance?

Is that even legal? I'm having a hard time thinking LE ever stepped foot in that townhouse without a warrant. Jmo.

I think they arranged the non-existent showing that never happened, to get Lori and Chad out of the house with a bunch of their belongings (devices, etc.). Then they served the warrant and entered the home, as well as the warrant for the vehicle and their persons. LE wanted all they could get, all at one time.

Not sure about the immediate futre but I absolutely believe the lies Lori told LE about the whereabouts of the children will end up being key in future court procedings. Provable deception implies consciousness of guilt.

Had she said the children were in the care of some non-existant John Doe that she can no longer reach, the wheels of justice would be grinding even slower than they are now. That she named friends and relatives who can invalidate her claims ... that is going to sink her. MOO
If she does just show up with the kids, is that it? Who picks up the tab for the costs of flying the Madison County Idaho Prosecutor and 3 LE to Hawaii and back plus hotel costs and expenses for a week? Is that the Idaho taxpayer?

I think they arranged the non-existent showing that never happened, to get Lori and Chad out of the house with a bunch of their belongings (devices, etc.). Then they served the warrant and entered the home, as well as the warrant for the vehicle and their persons. LE wanted all they could get, all at one time.

That I'm on board with. I'm not on board with the idea they were inside the townhouse prior to Saturday when they served the warrant to produce the children. Jmo.

Sean Bartholick, Esq. is now on the national stage and not in a good way for his family practice. This quote from the Missing Idaho kids: Mother Lori Vallow found in Hawaii without children story (bold emphasis mine) “Rexburg police said they have learned that Vallow either knows the location of Joshua and Tylee or knows what happened to themis absolutely awful if harm has come to these children and his clients are hanging at the pool. I would think he is going to refer them to a criminal defense lawyer and rid himself of this mess.

Bartholick's practice is about 50/50 family law and criminal defense. But, Rexburg is a small city and it's unlikely he's dealt with a case like this before. As far as your bolded and the clause immediately preceding it, I speculate police learned that info prior to Dec. 20 when likely trying to arrange proof of life through the attorney. Negotiations may have gotten so far (far enough that the attorney gave the impression/information Lori could in fact do so), and then fallen apart, leading to the investigation going public Dec. 20. I don't know, just speculation.

If they are charged, I do think he'll bow out. But maybe he'll take the gamble to win on the big stage?

The State of Idaho, Child Protective Services (what is called in AZ), should step in regarding custody and make Lori's life a living hell. Or if Lori doesn't care, follow the steps for Guardianship/Conservatorship for the kids.

I would think it’s abusive/neglectful to keep your kids in hiding for four months while you abandon them right after their fathers have died and they’ve moved to another state.

Even if the kids have been with kind people, fed and clothed all this time (and really I hope they have been!) they have been in isolation, without any parents or contact with the outside world, and they are traumatized.

And what about all the money that has been spent trying to track them down? Lori can try to sue for defamation of character or whatever, but even if they are alive and produced tomorrow, she directly caused all of this by hiding the kids.

Oh! I had it in mind she was on the docket to appear in front of a Judge in Rexburg not just waltz in. I keep feeling like we need to assign and stage members of WS places to report from...Kauai Airport, SLC Airport, Idaho Falls Airport, Rexburg Courthouse, beach in front of condo, juice stand somewhere by condo, car/snow machine rental SLC, four wheel drive rental Idaho Falls.
MOO
If they have booked a flight, I guarantee LE will have all of the info. I am sure they will notify the press to cover their arrival into SLC and on to Rexburg. They actually, probably know by now if anything has been booked. If not, my guess is LE and the prosecutor are making further plans.

If she does just show up with the kids, is that it? Who picks up the tab for the costs of flying the Madison County Idaho Prosecutor and 3 LE to Hawaii and back plus hotel costs and expenses for a week? Is that the Idaho taxpayer?
I think that there is much more to this case. They wouldn't have spent that kind of money otherwise. Chad and Lori are in deep and I think the State of Idaho will go after them with all they have.

I would think it’s abusive/neglectful to keep your kids in hiding for four months while you abandon them right after their fathers have died and they’ve moved to another state.

Even if the kids have been with kind people, fed and clothed all this time (and really I hope they have been!) they have been in isolation, without any parents or contact with the outside world, and they are traumatized.

And what about all the money that has been spent trying to track them down? Lori can try to sue for defamation of character or whatever, but even if they are alive and produced tomorrow, she directly caused all of this by hiding the kids.

If it were, boarding schools would be illegal. In the not too distant past it wasn't uncommon at all (especially for the wealthy) to ship their kids off at ~10 and only see them at school breaks until they reached adulthood. There are a lot of reasons someone else might be caring for your child long term. We dont know the kids have been inside or isolated the whole time. I think step 1 is just to verify there are still children to protect, which might happen tomorrow.

Bartholick's practice is about 50/50 family law and criminal defense. But, Rexburg is a small city and it's unlikely he's dealt with a case like this before. As far as your bolded and the clause immediately preceding it, I speculate police learned that info prior to Dec. 20 when likely trying to arrange proof of life through the attorney. Negotiations may have gotten so far (far enough that the attorney gave the impression/information Lori could in fact do so), and then fallen apart, leading to the investigation going public Dec. 20. I don't know, just speculation.

If they are charged, I do think he'll bow out. But maybe he'll take the gamble to win on the big stage?

I can support this theory/speculation. A magnifying glass is on a very small community, I do NOT see them pulling back now. These 2 adults put an areas religion in a spotlight to be picked apart and compared to fringe groups as if it were normal beliefs of mainstream. Add in missing children who they refuse to give any information and odd deaths. This is not going to end with Chad and Lori having a normal life until the kids are seen by the masses.
Side-note This community and counties are small enough that most of us are related to each other one way or another. This makes it a personal matter for this entire area in the Upper Valley. MOO

I don't think she's got that much money. Remember the empty house in Chandler with mattresses on the floor? I think Lori is all about projecting an image. I think she wants to live the ritzy lifestyle but knows she doesn't truly have that kind of money. So she sort of fakes it. Know what I mean? She buys a few of the right clothes to be seen in. She leases, not buys a nice car to drive. She leases but doesn't buy a nice place to live. Weekends in a nice resort. Reportedly she and Chad bought furniture for the place in Princeville. The neighbor saw it being moved in but I bet it was from a furniture rental store or carefully picked out to project an image of wealth and luxury but maybe really not that expensive. I think she's about show. All stuff she can easily walk or run away from. And I think she pretty much flies by the seat of her pants when it comes to procuring money. So far she hasn't done too bad. But I think it's all about to catch up with her.

I'm also really curious to know if she has credit card debt and if so, how much.

She's got decent amount of money considering the accounts she drained before Charles was killed. Probably still has the substantial amount of money she got from Joe Ryan's death, because why would she spend her money when she could spend Charles'? I dont think she wants to blow through it that quickly, but she might if she thought the world was going to end or she had another payout coming soon. I dont really think she'd charter a flight, just because I dont think she's going to leave HI. The reporters have been excellent at hounding her, if she was getting on a public plane in HI I've no doubt one of their team would be on there with her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TrueCrimeJunkieCory