Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom, stepfather found* #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
MOD NOTE:

PLEASE DO NOT POST LINKS TO OTHER DISCUSSION WEBSITES OR FORUMS.
SUCH SITES ARE NOT CONSIDERED MSM.
YOU MAY MENTION THAT THERE ARE INTERESTING POSTS/COMMENTS AT SUCH A WEBSITE, BUT YOU MAY NOT LINK TO OR DISCUSS THE CONTENT HERE.

Faithfully,
CocoChanel

Those texts are shocking, who would text a family member to tell them that their father had died? Even if you didn’t get on with them you would still give the courtesy and respect of at least a phone call. No wonder the family were suspicious. Nobody deserves to hear like that. MOO

"What did Lori do with Charles' phone?" New comments from an hour ago, from Justin Lum, about CV's phone, SIM, SD card, and PIN:

Justin Lum Fox 10 Phoenix
So Justin says that it's not known how log it took the police to get Charles' phone back from Lori. The SIM card was missing, but not the micro SD card. The phone also had a PIN, although Charles' relatives think he wouldn't use one.

Lori probably couldn't delete everything incriminating for her, especially the info Charles relayed to other people such as her brother.

<modsnip: screenshots removed but they may be discussed here and are available for viewing at Justin Lum's social media account>

Texts from Lori to one of Charles' sons by Justin Lum Fox 10 Phoenix. OMG, these are just heartbreaking.
Justin Lum Fox 10 Phoenix
Oh my ..... if you didn’t think she did it before, do you yet? (Speaking to anyone)

What a xxxxx to tell ANYONE this way! I AM LIVID!

I would love to hear from a psych in real life to diagnose her. This is insane.

I am so sorry boys.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can do it but since they are alleged FB conversations, am I allowed to? It's on a news FB page though...

Thanks for asking. The texts are contained on an approved MSM site which can be linked, so they can be discussed here but please do not screenshot them and copy them here.

from The Rules: Social Media - Facebook, Twitter, etc.

Approved SM Pages/Profiles

Individuals
Victim (missing or murdered person)
Suspect (as indicated by LE)

• Links may be used to direct members to posts made by a victim or a suspect.
  • Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed.

Good grief, it took nine days to serve her?? Of course, I just had a family member’s take a week, so... I guess that’s reasonable.
They did also need to coordinate with Hawaii LE as well as Transport FBI and local LE and they also sent Nate and team there. A lot of coordination to do before serving. And some of that 9 days would be a weekend. Time flies with all of the different things needing to be done unfortunately.

So Justin says that it's not known how log it took the police to get Charles' phone back from Lori. The SIM card was missing, but not the micro SD card. The phone also had a PIN, although Charles' relatives think he wouldn't use one.

Lori probably couldn't delete everything incriminating for her, especially the info Charles relayed to other people such as her brother.
Oh I hope he had it backed up to the cloud! Taking a SIM card out won’t help with that!

I just looked at Charles obituary. Is that really all there is to it? Did he have any kind of celebration of life, funeral, etc or did Lori just have him cremated and that was that?
Please look a bit more deeply for a longer version on the well-known sites. I found a detailed obit for Charles that describes his athletic prowess, business success, & also one for his father. Obits of family members often provide useful info on lifestyle, community, socioeconomic status, etc. I assume I should not provide a link. This is my very 1st post.

Thanks for asking. The texts are contained on an approved MSM site which can be linked, so they can be discussed here but please do not screenshot them and copy them here.

from The Rules: Social Media - Facebook, Twitter, etc.

Approved SM Pages/Profiles

Individuals
Victim (missing or murdered person)
Suspect (as indicated by LE)

• Links may be used to direct members to posts made by a victim or a suspect.
    • Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed.
That would be my bad. Sorry about that.

Does anyone else see blatant conflict in Lori claiming she didn't want to see Charles, and wanted him to leave that day, but then keeping the phone and using it to keep him there? Yeah that's not normal behavior. If you want him to leave, give the phone back. Obviously that wasn't what she really wanted. She escalated the conflict considerably with the taking and refusing to return his phone.
Idle musing - I wonder what Charles had on that phone, that made it worth a confrontation that led to his death ?.......moo

With Charles and Alex both dead, it's a moot point.
What about "felony murder"? People are charged with murder when they didn't do the actual killing if they were involved in a crime that results in a murder. I'm no expert but it seems LV stole CV's truck from the airport. You could argue she stole his phone. If she read his texts that is unauthorized surveillance. She stole money from his business. She may have planned to have AC rough up CV the way AC did with husband 3. MOO, there is a lot of room for LE to charge LV in the death of CV.

EDIT: If LE ever gets a confession from LV or co-conspirators or finds more evidence.

Felony murder rule - Wikipedia
Felony murder rule (Arizona) - Wikipedia

Last edited:
Idle musing - I wonder what Charles had on that phone, that made it worth a confrontation that led to his death ?.......moo

Given his line of work and travel, his entire business life would be on that phone. Contacts, appointments, airline reservations and tickets, car rentals, hotel reservations and banking apps plus all the rewards programs that go along with frequent travel. His phone was basically his mobile office. Maybe there were texts he didn't want her to see but he definitely needed his phone so she knew that would set him off. MOO

Given his line of work and travel, his entire business life would be on that phone. Contacts, appointments, airline reservations and tickets, car rentals, hotel reservations and banking apps plus all the rewards programs that go along with frequent travel. His phone was basically his mobile office. Maybe there were texts he didn't want her to see but he definitely needed his phone so she knew that would set him off. MOO
Agreed......I truly wonder what he had on that phone that pertained to Lori.....moo

Yes and also how she claimed he was in a rage and she was so afraid, but yet wouldn't hand over the phone.

Yeah, and from Tortoise's great timeline, she tried to minimize her role in avoiding him as she kept his phone from him. I take this part below that she was probably "running away" from him and running around the house to avoid him as he was trying to get his phone back. Instead of "kind of walking"....its more like running and darting away from him.

"Lori said she was kind of walking around the house so he couldn’t get it and he was kind of reaching for it."

I don't think Lori wanted anything on Charles' phone. It was the chase she wanted to engage him in, a ruse to get him angry in a house where no one would help him, and the perfect way to stop him calling out for help. Make him helpless. He probably didn't realise the set up until he saw the gun pointed at him, or he'd have left already, knowing it wasn't worth dying for. I think the kitchen island, or the open walkway around kitchen and main room, was what Lori kept referring to as 'going around', the pefect decoy while Alex slipped away and fetched his gun after Tylee left.

MOO

FWIW I would believe the later time. My involvement in this case came from a post on nextdoor. I generally get home from dropping kiddos off at ~8:55. As soon as I got home I saw I had notices on a nextdoor post I had been following about people letting off loud fireworks. It turned out to be Charles' murder. No more than 10 minutes after I checked the thread another poster said they had just driven by the street where Charles was shot and reported a lot of police presence. That's when everyone surmised it was gunshots and not fireworks they heard.
Well if Lori is truthful about the school being 15 minutes away, she had to have left by 8:18am, minimum. That doesn't include the time for getting out and taking JJ inside to his teachers, or time to buy and eat breakfast on the way.

I'm more inclined to think 8am is closer, because Tylee said she woke at 7:50am, and I think she was still in her pjs when they came back, so I think she's telling the truth there. There's a limit to how long they could string out the yelling and commotion with JJ outside alone in the car and Lori thinking he might come back in.

Also Alex's replies seemed nervous when he was asked what time he shot. He tried to fudge over that by saying he took time to compose himself before calling 911.

One last reason seems to be that Lori would want JJ to arrive on time for school, so that she could leave him with minimum of fuss. I bet she never said a word about any of it to Tylee in the car before she'd dropped off JJ, because she wouldn't want him repeating anything at school.

I don't think Lori wanted anything on Charles' phone. It was the chase she wanted to engage him in, a ruse to get him angry in a house where no one would help him, and the perfect way to stop him calling out for help. Make him helpless. He probably didn't realise the set up until he saw the gun pointed at him, or he'd have left already, knowing it wasn't worth dying for. I think the kitchen island, or the open walkway around kitchen and main room, was what Lori kept referring to as 'going around', the pefect decoy while Alex slipped away and fetched his gun after Tylee left.

MOO
True... but probably needed the phone to either delete or plant information to mislead people. Moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annabella2320