Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom, stepfather found* #15

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Right.

Procedural arguments are also a bit of a different beast to evidential burden of proof.

In this case, the Court of Iowa already asserted jurisdiction. That happened when State of Idaho opened proceedings. Horse is out of the stable big style.

It would now be up to the defendant to oppose jurisdiction by filing actual pleadings in opposition in Iowa, or filing a competing action in an out of state Court.

But we suspect that dog won't hunt;

1. because the kids are actually still in Iowa OR
2. because LV moved them out of state and can't reveal where OR
3. the kids are deceased

In any view, LV can't hide behind jurisdictional arguments without producing the kids. But when / if she did, the state is going to take them.

Iowa? Are you getting your "I" states confused here? (People tend to do this.) I haven't seen Iowa mentioned in any way in regards to this case.

I would definitely watch the Dateline episode if you have it available. While it mainly skimmed over what we already know there were some new things.
I watched it live and also have it recorded and can go back but what was extremely interesting is how the media and LE worked together before they served the warrant in Hawaii. I wonder what else the media is possibly holding back on right now? Something that was strangely absent was no mention of Melanies quick marriage? They talk about BB shooting but that is about it. Could it be correct that Melanie is working with LE? (Someone unverified posted an e-mail in other media) That could be a reason to make her off limits? I know time constraints to the program would not allow every detail but thought it strange they didn’t throw it in with Alex’s quicky marriage. IMO
Just to clarify. That email was about a different Melanie who cannot be sleuthed, not Melani Lori's niece.

What I have read about this faction

Tangent: (I don't think cult is quite right. This isn't a group with a leader. This is a disgruntled group of LDS ppl with shared interests who are feeding off of each others' "visions". They call themselves the Remnant, not to be confused with the Snuffer Remnant, and about 3 other Remnant-named LDS offshoots). I'm choosing faction because they are mostly LDS members in good standing who think they have a higher/different calling than the Prophet of the mainline LDS church. MOO end tangent.

What I have read is that you must be married *to a believer* to be a leader in the end times. MOO that is the only reason the additional couples re/married so quickly. Chad and Lori, I believe had additional motives--like list.

MOO
Needing to be married to a believer is interesting. If they believed the end od days were months away, that could explain the fast marriages.

I was just looking back to the first post in the first thread to see when news of the missing children first appeared. It was, surprisingly, 20th December.

Why did police wait 3 weeks to put this out in the news? Was it because of the shootings and keeping the investigation low key? FBI was brought in 27th November to help with the missing children.

What I find extremely odd is that Fremont County Sheriff's Office was already investigating Tammy's death when they were made aware of the missing children. My hunch is that someone on Tammy's side asked FCSO to investigate Tammy's death when they learned Chad had remarried. Then the two investigations collided.

Rexburg Police Department

MOO

I thought about what was "new" from Dateline last night and possibly could be added to our timeline. We now know that when Lori took Tylee to Hawaii, she stayed with her friend April. Also, April said Tylee slept in a lot and stayed in her room a lot during that trip and she took it as maybe she was depressed or just normal teen behavior.
Lori talked non-stop about Chad Daybell and the end of world stuff, so much so that April couldn't even grasp it all. Lori also said she "expected at any time a phone call that Charles had died"

This is what I learned that was new:
  • Lori was a fitness instructor
  • Lori met Chad at the group that we cannot name Podcast in February 2018
  • Lori and Tylee stayed with her friend in Hawaii during January/February 2019 when Lori leaves Charles
    • Friend reports extreme change in Lori’s behavior- disorganized, talking manically about Chad and end times
    • Tylee may be depressed or behaving like a bored teenager (sleeping a lot) at this time. Speculated by Keith that all the obsessive talk about death by Lori may be depressing her
    • Tells Friend that Friend is chosen to be one of the 144k to be saved.
    • Tells Friend that Charles is a demon. Expects him to die soon. Reiterates basically the behavior Lori stated in police report when she reported her purse having been stolen by Charles (he is mean, abusive, unfaithful, etc).
    • Friend doesn’t believe it.
    • Lori leaves Hawaii abruptly
    • Friend hears that Lori is back with Charles and assumes happy reconciliation
    • Lori knew ZP (Alex’s new bride) as early as January 2019. She told Lori’s Hawaii Friend that she was amazing and could control the elements
    • Lori is not afraid to die. Compares it as if walking from one room to another
    • Lori is not upset by other people dying based on this concept of this changing room transition
  • Dateline has the Chad and Lori podcasts but likely for legal reasons, could only play a snip of one, Lori affirming Chad’s beliefs
  • Chad and Lori returned to Rexberg after their wedding- no date given
  • Chad definitely knew Alex and Alex became one of his followers . They referred to this as one of the “group”
  • Dateline and Nate believe 2nd man at Storage Unit is Chad
MOO, I took away from the show that LE do not believe the children are alive and that they may never find them. This is very hard for me to accept. It seemed to implicate Alex as a murderer of Charles and attempted murderer of Tammy. He followed Chad and may have been considered angel/protector of Lori. There seems to be enough circumstantial evidence for conspiracy to commit murder across state lines. Only upside I hope is that they charge all of them - LVD, CD, ZP, MB, IP and anyone else the Feds can find. I continue to have strong faith in the Feds pulling this mess together.

Personally, when Lori is arrested I would appreciate LE removing her sunglasses and stepping on them.

Yes, all of this! Particularly stepping on the sunglasses ;)

BBM.

Question on that. I know suicide is a hotly debated action in Christianity. So I won't go there.

Does the Mormon religion consider suicide an unforgivable sin or a byproduct of mental illness, meaning it's considered like any other illness? Jmo

All of the “rules” may be thrown out if Lori is a “god”.

BBM.

Question on that. I know suicide is a hotly debated action in Christianity. So I won't go there.

Does the Mormon religion consider suicide an unforgivable sin or a byproduct of mental illness, meaning it's considered like any other illness? Jmo

It's a sin unless they've changed things sometime in the last few decades (a possibility).

Lori talked non-stop about Chad Daybell and the end of world stuff, so much so that April couldn't even grasp it all. Lori also said she "expected at any time a phone call that Charles had died"

Ahem... about "expecting the phone call", it just occurred to me... did this mean that Lori was expecting that Alex would "take Charles out" during this time frame? I realize the answer to this hinges largely upon whether or not Lori's so far gone that she thinks God would randomly smite dead her enemies just because she deserves it; but so far, the evidence is heavily weighted towards Lori believing she needed an enforcer to carry these things out, so I wonder.

Tylee going to BYU is a new one. I don't think that's true at all. She was only 16 when they moved to Rexburg. She just turned 17 on Sept 24th. I believe she was already missing by her 17th birthday (not away at school at BYU)* because no one has reported speaking to Tylee on her Birthday. :(
MOO.

*Edited to make sentence clearer
While I agree with your points, it should be noted that it was not BYU, but BYU-Idaho, which is a satellite campus in Rexburg, and apparently Tylee has already graduated high school, so the lie had some semblance of feasibility. But IMO it was just more lies and misdirection by Lori.

Last edited:
The amount of times people confuse Idaho and Iowa is a source of joke here in Idaho. We even make t-shirts. :)

I knew people get them confused all the time, especially Iowa, but I've never seen a t-shirt about it. Where could I get one?

I personally can surmise that Lori at least is possibly reading here and hopefully she has read the reaction to the Dateline story on their Facebook page. (only because she was "caught" checking in on JJ's school's site) MOO
I wonder how the folks in the church on the island are going to be towards her & Chad after this show. You know I bet almost all the folks on that island watched it last night and now have the big picture that was missing before!!
The number one comment after the show was "why aren't they in jail?"

Chad and Lori call themselves the remnant? Where are you finding this? Jmo

MOO that is what this entire faction calls themselves, (very loosely, since they're not a group, but people who have been chosen) amongst themselves, on places like AVOW. Wink. Wink. But that's just my opinion.

Also, I can no longer edit my last post but that final motive for C&L was supposed to be "lust".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scyna0895