Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom, stepfather found* #15

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am also hoping that they have people who have known both Chad and Lori within the last 1-5 years, perhaps closer than just on an acquaintance level and not just people from 30 years ago, who probably have not kept up with either one. People change in some fashion from their teen years to 50.

I've never watched that transport video, I've never had the stomach.

Alex making small talk makes me feel like screaming. "No handles on the inside??? Hahaha!" A total absence of remorseful behavior. :mad:

On the other hand, the officer's measured chitchat-to-silence ratio. Totally putting Alex at ease as though Alex has called 911 because a kitten was stuck in a tree. :D
I agree with you on both measures.

There's been a few people (not you!) railing on the Chandler PD for botching this whole situation/investigation, but my observations are different. Officer #2, who's body cam footage we see doing the interview of AC, LV, and TR, knows what he's doing. He puts all the parties at ease when he's interviewing them while simultaneously gathering facts. He doesn't let any of them know what he's thinking or what conclusions he's come to. Yet when he moves away from the parties and begins talking to other police/medical you catch a glimpse of what he's really thinking. For example, when medical begins approaching the house to enter he calls out to stop them, moves away from AC towards medical, lowers his voice so AC is less likely to overhear, and tells them "it's now a crime scene, so hang tight." And later when he has the little conference with the other LEO's in front of the house he explains the situation quietly so nobody else can overhear, drops a few F-bombs, and you can tell in his voice that he's agitated with AC and believes it was murder.

So yes, at face value CPD appears to be buddying up to AC, giving him water, making friendly small talk, not cuffing him, etc., I believe it's all meant to help put him at ease while behind the scenes they're treating this all very seriously as a murder investigation. MOO.

Chandler PD cop put in the report that he saw blood around the sink but didn't collect swabs, and then decided to clean up a large pool of blood under the victim's body. Whoever heard of a cop cleaning up a bloody scene? I haven't, it's no SOP, it's not in a protocol. I think they botched the case badly, especially the forensics.

I am also hoping that they have people who have known both Chad and Lori within the last 1-5 years, perhaps closer than just on an acquaintance level and not just people from 30 years ago, who probably have not kept up with either one. People change in some fashion from their teen years to 50.

Good point, and I agree.

Just joining the thread after catching up (as well as I can, this story is so wild and hard to follow)
My husband has family in rexburg and his family has been casually involved in the LDS end of the world prophesies and near death experience stories and stuff. My husband and I always just kind of roll our eyes and demur when they bring it up. I can say I always suspected that culty stuff like that never led to anything good, but I’m saddened to hear that it’s happening like this.

I expect Lori & Chad will be glued to the tv tonight. I hope the people of Kaui certainly are. I hope that after this show, they do start shouting "where are the children" at them now in public.
I love that Dateline is doing this, its too complicated for me to explain to my sisters and friends. Some will be watching tonight and I am anxious to hear what they think...as they have not even heard of this case.

I'm really excited about Dateline tonight also, even if nothing new comes to light (for those of us who've been following the case closely). To reiterate what everyone else has said, it's so complicated to explain this case to people, and now many more people will know about it. Only good can come from that. Maybe it will lead to some new information that will help find JJ & Tylee. Happy Valentines day and happy Dateline viewing everyone :D

I'm really excited about Dateline tonight also, even if nothing new comes to light (for those of us who've been following the case closely). To reiterate what everyone else has said, it's so complicated to explain this case to people, and now many more people will know about it. Only good can come from that. Maybe it will lead to some new information that will help find JJ & Tylee. Happy Valentines day and happy Dateline viewing everyone :D

It is really interesting to try to explain this case to someone. Two hours is definitely necessary.

Chandler PD cop put in the report that he saw blood around the sink but didn't collect swabs, and then decided to clean up a large pool of blood under the victim's body. Whoever heard of a cop cleaning up a bloody scene? I haven't, it's no SOP, it's not in a protocol. I think they botched the case badly, especially the forensics.
At face value I agree, that looks like a horrendous mishandling of things.

However, I'm willing to accept that I don't have all the facts and things might not be as they appear. As an example, early on in the investigation before the full body cam video was released I saw a screengrab of one of the officers taking down the crime scene tape - the timestamp on the body cam indicated this was very shortly after the investigation began. I was outraged and voiced my concern that this was an indication that LE weren't treating it seriously and must have bought into the self-defense story hook line and sinker. Later though, when the full body cam video came to light, I discovered that what I thought depicted an awful thing happening was in fact completely innocent - officers repositioning the crime scene tape because it had blocked traffic earlier. Now, I don't have an explanation for an officer to be mopping up blood at a crime scene and not taking samples of the blood found at the sink, but there may be a perfectly good reason for it that we're just not aware of at the moment. Or it could be as bad as it looks. I don't know. :oops:

The Woodcocks. These gutted grandparents have my mad respect. Their love for JJ is so intense and obvious. I'm so grateful JJ was born with such GOOD grandparents.

Also...JJ is adorable!

Sorry didn't mean to leave Tylee out....she is beautiful. <3

Why hasn’t this couple been arrested? I don’t understand
Knowing they did something, is easier than proving they did something. Especially what they specifically did.

They’ll get them eventually, I just hope they are able to do it before these two drive off a cliff or something.

I watched both police on-scene videos and much of it is redacted understandably. But is it not true that Lori WAS in the house when Charles was shot and her daughter backed that up?

Just to add to that statement, her brother made it sound like she had already driven off which I don't believe was true. Why is he protecting her and did he change his mind about doing that and, hence, he was killed?

Lori herself said she was in the home when he was shot.... It was Alex who said she and Tylee weren't; obviously they couldn't get their "story" straight...

I watched both police on-scene videos and much of it is redacted understandably. But is it not true that Lori WAS in the house when Charles was shot and her daughter backed that up?

Just to add to that statement, her brother made it sound like she had already driven off which I don't believe was true. Why is he protecting her and did he change his mind about doing that and, hence, he was killed?

Lori herself said she was in the home when he was shot.... It was Alex who said she and Tylee weren't; obviously they couldn't get their "story" straight...
How weird is it that Lori just left after her estranged husband was killed. Yes, I know, she had the kids with her but still............and then she really had a pool party later in the afternoon, if true? I just gotta say this chick has a screw loose or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pollcat12