GUILTY ID - Larry Isenberg, 68, Coeur d'Alene, 13 Feb 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Too early to ask you @Idaho Lynx if there might be a court date coming up? TIA! :)

Not too early. Glad you hit me up.

9/8/2020 Motion Hearing: 2nd Jury View
9/8/2020 Motion Hearing: Out of state witness to appear by Zoom
12/18/2020 Pretrial conference
1/5/2021 Jury trial (scheduled for 2-3 weeks)

Tuesday, September 8th:
*Pretrial Conference Hearing (@ am MT) - ID – Larry Dean Isenberg (68) (Feb. 13, 2018, Coeur d’Alene; found Mar. 1, 2018) – *Laurcene “Lori” Barnes Isenberg (62 @ time of crime/64) arrested (2/24/20), charged (2/25/20), indicted & arraigned (3/3/20) with 1st degree murder (Perpetrated by Poison, Torture, Vengeance, Extortion, or Sadistic Inclinations). Plead not guilty. $2M bond.
Trial was set to begin on 8/31/20 rescheduled on 1/5/21 (scheduled for 2-3 weeks).
Court info from 10/29/18 thru 2/25/20 reference post #96 here:
Found Deceased - ID - Larry Isenberg, 68, Coeur d'Alene, 13 Feb 2018

3/3/20 Update: She remained silent, and the judge ruled her silence to be a plea of "Not Guilty" to the murder charges. No trial date was set, but the trial is anticipated to last six weeks. If she is found guilty of murder she could face the death penalty, or life in prison. If she is found "Not Guilty" of the murder charges, she will still have to serve the remainder of her five-year sentence for embezzlement. Next pretrial conference hearing on 7/28, status conference hearing on 8/24 & trial is set for 8/31/20 & should run 6 weeks.
7/28/20 Update: Pretrial conference hearing on 7/28 & 8/24 have been cancelled. Motion for trial continuance-granted. Next motion hearing (re 2nd Jury view & out of State witness to appear by Zoom) on 9/8/20. Pretrial conference hearing 12/18/20 & trial now scheduled on 1/5/21 & scheduled for 2-3 weeks.
*Arrested (2/26/18) & charged (2/27/18) with 1 count of Grand theft & 40 counts of forgery. Embezzling $500K from non-profit employer. Released from jail on $75K bond. Failed to show up at 2nd arraignment hearing (5/25/18) & remains missing. Judge issued a $500K bench warrant for her arrest. Re-arrested (7/25/18). 1/29/19: Plead guilty to embezzlement charges & sentenced (4/30/19) to 5 years in prison, 3 years supervised release, plus fines. The judge issued a sentence of 60 months on each count, but ordered those sentences to run concurrently.

@Idaho Lynx - just checking to see if 12/18 is the next hearing or did they plug in one before that?

TIA!
animated-smileys-greetings-012.gif

Friday, December 18th:
*Pretrial Conference Hearing (@ am MT) - ID – Larry Dean Isenberg (68) (Feb. 13, 2018, Coeur d’Alene; found Mar. 1, 2018) – *Laurcene “Lori” Barnes Isenberg (62 @ time of crime/64) arrested (2/24/20), charged (2/25/20), indicted & arraigned (3/3/20) with 1st degree murder (Perpetrated by Poison, Torture, Vengeance, Extortion, or Sadistic Inclinations). Plead not guilty. $2M bond.
Trial was set to begin on 8/31/20 rescheduled on 1/5/21 (scheduled for 2-3 weeks).
Previous arrest & Court info from 10/29/18 thru 3/3/20 reference post #103 here:
Found Deceased - ID - Larry Isenberg, 68, Coeur d'Alene, 13 Feb 2018

7/28/20 Update: Pretrial conference hearing on 7/28 & 8/24 have been cancelled. Motion for trial continuance-granted. Next motion hearing (re 2nd Jury view & out of State witness to appear by Zoom) on 9/8/20. Pretrial conference hearing 12/18/20 & trial now scheduled on 1/5/21 & scheduled for 2-3 weeks.
9/8/20 Update: Next pretrial conference hearing on 12/18/20.

Due to covid:
12/18/20 pretrial conference was vacated.
01/05/21 trial has been vacated.

Rescheduled to:
05/21/21 pretrial conference
06/02/21 trial (will last 2 to 3 weeks)

Monday, May 24th:
*Sentencing Hearing (@ 9am MT) - ID – Larry Dean Isenberg (68) (Feb. 13, 2018, Coeur d’Alene; found Mar. 1, 2018) – *Laurcene “Lori” Barnes Isenberg (62 @ time of crime/64/now 65) arrested (2/24/20), charged (2/25/20), indicted & arraigned (3/3/20) with 1st degree murder (Perpetrated by Poison, Torture, Vengeance, Extortion, or Sadistic Inclinations). Plead not guilty. $2M bond.
Trial set to begin on 6/2/21 was cancelled because she plead guilty.
Previous arrest & Court info from 10/29/18 thru 7/28/20 reference post #107 here:
GUILTY - ID - Larry Isenberg, 68, Coeur d'Alene, 13 Feb 2018

9/8/20 Update: Next pretrial conference hearing on 12/18/20. 12/18/20 Update: Pretrial hearing was vacated & so has the trial on 1/5/21. Next pretrial conference hearing on 5/21/21 & trial now set to begin on 6/2/21.
2/11/21 Update: Isenberg has plead guilty to second-degree murder on Thursday, 2/11/21. Lori Isenberg’s trial, which has been repeatedly postponed due to the COVID-19 pandemic, was scheduled to begin June 2, 2021, according to the Coeur d'Alene Press. Her sentencing for second-degree murder is now scheduled for May 24, 2021.

Idaho woman sentenced to life for killing husband (kmvt.com)

An Idaho woman has been sentenced to life in prison for killing her husband after the judge told her that her explanation for the man’s death did not hold up.

KXLY-TV reported that 67-year-old Lori Isenberg made a deal to plead guilty to second-degree murder in February. Isenberg is already serving time for embezzling $579,000 from the North Idaho Housing Coalition, where she worked.

Around the same time in 2018, her husband was found dead in Lake Coeur d’Alene with lethal levels of Benadryl in his system.

In court Monday, Isenberg gave a rambling explanation calling her husband’s death an accident. But Judge Scott Wayman sentenced Isenberg to life in prison with 30 years fixed.

Anything ever happen with this? Don't know how this forum works but dying from a lethal dose of benadryl is complete , let alone your wife secretly dosing you with a deadly amount.

I say this as a dude who built up a benadryl tolerance i was taking 40 a night. I quit that years ago but I know what it does to you, and it's not death. You can google that too:

"Few people actually die from an antihistamine overdose. However, serious heart rhythm disturbances may occur, which can cause death."
Diphenhydramine overdose Information | Mount Sinai - New York

A wife secretly over-dosing you is ridiculous.

Anything ever happen with this? Don't know how this forum works but dying from a lethal dose of benadryl is complete ********, let alone your wife secretly dosing you with a deadly amount.

I say this as a dude who built up a benadryl tolerance i was taking 40 a night. I quit that years ago but I know what it does to you, and it's not death. You can google that too:

"Few people actually die from an antihistamine overdose. However, serious heart rhythm disturbances may occur, which can cause death."
Diphenhydramine overdose Information | Mount Sinai - New York

A wife secretly over-dosing you is ridiculous.

Building up a tolerance is vastly different than a one time lethal dose. And the police, toxicologist, prosecutor, and judge all disagree with your uninformed opinion. So do I - an RN with over 4 decades of experience because I've seen it too.

I believe what you say. Can you please link me any information about past cases or any other literature or simply explain how a death caused by lacing drinks (or whatever the method confirmed as, I don't know) with a fatal amount of an antihistamine?

I believe an overdose death is possible for people without a tolerance like me. I don't understand how a person could consume that much of this medicine without realizing it was dosed or whatever else that person was thinking, and continue to drink so much that it leads to death. Thanks.

Last edited:
Or maybe the cause of this death was a diphenhydramine overdose just like George Floyd's death would've been ruled a fentanyl overdose if there wasn't video of it. In your experience, without video or any other information about Floyd's death, do you think the "police, toxicologist, prosecutor, and judge all disagree with [an] uninformed opinion" about death from fentanyl? Is there a single logical or practical way in which a person can not only die from a diphenhydramine overdose, which is very uncommon, and was also secretly dosed a fatal amount? Sorry if I came and interrupted your nice forum here, but I don't understand how anyone could believe the cause of this death.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nordlander
Back