Smith, circa 1994
  • Missing Since 07/05/1994
  • Missing From Twin Falls, Idaho
  • Classification Missing
  • Sex Female
  • Race White
  • Age 41 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'5, 110 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry Description Unknown, but she frequently wears jewelry.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Sandy blonde hair, blue eyes. Smith may use the last name Langford or the name Marielle Lamore. She wears prescription eyeglasses and she has a crooked nose.
Details of Disappearance
Smith was last seen in Twin Falls, Idaho on July 5, 1994. She has never been heard from again. Few details are available in her case. Arizona police are investigating.
Mary Lee Smith – The Charley Project

All righty then -- anyone have a link to explain why Arizona police are involved?

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Mary was last seen in Twin Falls, Idaho on 07/05/1994. She has not been in contact with friends or family since this date.

Did she have an adult child, sibling, friend in Arizona? Vacation? Conference for work?

Divorce, and people she knew in Twin Falls figured Mary returned to AZ or moved to AZ?

What was here job/career/training? Was she perhaps a missionary, a golfer, a sun-seeker? My family lives in New Mexico, and personally much of Arizona is not where I'd head in July -- beautiful up in the mountains, Flagstaff or Prescott Pines or....

Anyone have a really good newspaper archive for Arizona or Idaho?

ymmv lrr jmho

Both are in Twin Falls County, ID. The theft charge was plead down to misdemeanor. And the abandonment charges were dropped.

CR-1991-833 filed 04/10/1991.

CR-1993-2308 filed 08/12/1993.

Do either of those cases provide a date of birth for Mary Lee??? More specific than the "about 1953" derived from her age of 41 in 1994?

Seems that she left the children in August of '93, and again in July of 1994?

Arrested, or charges filed?

Was the abandonment charge criminal (LE) or civil (by who was left caring for the children?)

Mojave County, Arizona is the law enforcement contact -- why???

Was she married to the child/ren's father? "Mary Smith" is no fun, speaking as a genealogist.

Odd case, this one!

jmho ymmv lrr

Mary has 2 UP exclusions:

Case Photo

Unidentified Person / NamUs #
Date Body FoundJanuary 28, 2012
StateVA
CountyVirginia Beach

Case Photo

Unidentified Person / NamUs #UP2017
Date Body FoundApril 21, 2004
StateAZ
CountyMaricopa

Do either of those cases provide a date of birth for Mary Lee??? More specific than the "about 1953" derived from her age of 41 in 1994?

Seems that she left the children in August of '93, and again in July of 1994?

Arrested, or charges filed?

Was the abandonment charge criminal (LE) or civil (by who was left caring for the children?)

Mojave County, Arizona is the law enforcement contact -- why???

Was she married to the child/ren's father? "Mary Smith" is no fun, speaking as a genealogist.

Odd case, this one!

jmho ymmv lrr

The day and month are redacted but her birth year is 1953. Prosecution declined charges for the abandonment in September 1993 roughly a month after they were filed. She received a sentence of 1-3 years in prison for the grand theft charge. It appears that case was filed in April of 1992. She was arrested on warrant for the theft charge in January of 1993. She was arrested again on probation violation in early 1994. It appears her court date on July 5, 1994 coincides with the date she was last seen. This information is from the Idaho court records website.

I too am curious why her case is under the jurisdiction of MCSO in Arizona and why she was not reported missing until 2017.

Mary has 2 UP exclusions:

Case Photo

Unidentified Person / NamUs #
Date Body FoundJanuary 28, 2012
StateVA
CountyVirginia Beach

Case Photo

Unidentified Person / NamUs #UP2017
Date Body FoundApril 21, 2004
StateAZ
CountyMaricopa
Do you know if they have dental records available for Mary Smith?

Do you know if they have dental records available for Mary Smith?
No notations on NamUs or Charley Project that dentals have been obtained or are readily available. I would think they should be able to get them if they need to make a comparison.

I believe this could be Mary Lee Smith. I have sent an email to the contact at Namus.
Unidentified Person / NamUs #UP13838Female, White / Caucasian

What do you all think?
The recon looks a lot like Mary but a close up view of the dentals seems a little different. Specifically, the left eye tooth. Mary’s doesn’t appear as long as the dentals in the recon.

Also, the UID was found in 2015 with a PMI of about 12 months. This would create a 20 year gap from the time Mary went missing in 1994.

The above are just my own observations and I would never say impossible.

NamUs will review for comparison. We can monitor the rule outs to see if this one shows up.

1666665303843.jpeg1666665320726.jpeg

1666665157373.jpeg1666665171171.jpeg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Iwantapuppy