ID ID - Matthew, 5, Non-Verbal, walked away from home 5:45pm, near State St & Alamosa, Boise, 5 Aug 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I am 2.7 miles from where Matthew went missing. There is a canal on either side north and south of where he was last seen and the Boise River. I have received 2 red alert calls so far. Waiting for any info on when they want community to search. My mind as a mom and Nana is spinning with all the different scenarios.

My grown daughter is a real estate photographer and she had to shoot that apartment building right on the corner and got attacked by a man. She saw him coming and took her camera off the tripod and slammed the tripod into him and ran.

So when I heard Alamosa Street...my blood ran cold.

My grown daughter is a real estate photographer and she had to shoot that apartment building right on the corner and got attacked by a man. She saw him coming and took her camera off the tripod and slammed the tripod into him and ran.

So when I heard Alamosa Street...my blood ran cold.
yeah, I hesitated to mention it but the area appears depressed and not exactly the safest for a small child unaccompanied. particularly a non verbal one :(

Where are you little man?

I was interrupted while watching the briefing and so was not able to catch if they told us if the home he wandered from was Matthew's home or another relative's home where the Birthday party was taking place?

It would really help to at least know if he is familiar with the area (would have been taken to local parks, playgrounds, or greenspaces) or if he was not as familiar with this area.

I was interrupted while watching the briefing and so was not able to catch if they told us if the home he wandered from was Matthew's home or another relative's home where the Birthday party was taking place?

It would really help to at least know if he is familiar with the area (would have been taken to local parks, playgrounds, or greenspaces) or if he was not as familiar with this area.
Good points.
Hope he is found soon.
Scary that so much time has elapsed. :(
Omo.

I am on vacation out of state right now but of course following this case. In the morning presser they said they didn't think he was in the waterways? That was my first thought was the water.

Water again. I don’t know how we mitigate this. How do we stop this from happening?
Short of 100% eyes-on supervision and/or confinement, I don’t know that we can. We cannot put fences around every body of water. My parents used an arm leash with me until I was 8. I used a proximity alarm with my child until around age 6 (went off if they walked more than 200 feet away from a caregiver) and still use a GPS tracker now. Unfortunately not everyone can afford devices like that and not everyone knows how to get them covered by insurance or disability. Even if we could distribute them to every single family in need, older kids and adults sometimes find ways to remove them if they don’t understand why it’s so critical to keep them on.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laloeromero
Back