ID ID - Michael “Monkey” Vaughan, 5, last seen near home, Fruitland, 27 Jul 2021 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks @Allabouttrial for the transcript!
It does sound like they are committed and working hard behind the scenes to find Michael…. And I guess things take longer to investigate than we imagine …
What are the options for the White Pilot that you think may be possible if used in an abduction??
  • Used (for abduction) and parked up out of sight in shed somewhere?
  • Resprayed another colour?? Possibly in another town?
    Was someone travelling thru Fruitland and the opportunity seized and is long gone out of state??
  • If one was found burnt out I think we would have heard about it???
  • Sold…
  • Other??
Do you think by engaging the “truck poster program” they are thinking out of State???

Hm. It’s really puzzling what happened to Michael. When I read the statements from LE, I get the sense they have been working one the same theory they can’t prove for a while. They seem a bit reluctant to say that stranger abduction is the most likely scenario here and says instead they’re looking into close friends and family, so could be they have someone close to them they’re suspicious of. Then it’s not a stranger abduction, but an abduction nonetheless.

I also wonder what the thought behind not realising the very unclear photos before now is? I see some gossiping people online thinks there’s a resemblance to a family member, so maybe that could be why- they didn’t want people harassing the family any further? Or they wanted to save it for publicity so the case would not be forgotten?

I've always wondered why LE didn't release the picture sooner. It is slightly easier to see a bit more detail in the pictures in this article. I think he could be recognized by those who know him. To me it looks like he has a short beard (or is it a mask?) Trying to figure out what the design is on the back of his shirt.

The pictures wouldn't post at the larger size, but they can be seen at the link.

I'm sure that one of you (most of you) who are more computer savvy than I will be able to get larger, clearer copies of the pictures.

Thanks @Allabouttrial for the transcript!
It does sound like they are committed and working hard behind the scenes to find Michael…. And I guess things take longer to investigate than we imagine …
What are the options for the White Pilot that you think may be possible if used in an abduction??
  • Used (for abduction) and parked up out of sight in shed somewhere?
  • Resprayed another colour?? Possibly in another town?
    Was someone travelling thru Fruitland and the opportunity seized and is long gone out of state??
  • If one was found burnt out I think we would have heard about it???
  • Sold…
  • Other??
Do you think by engaging the “truck poster program” they are thinking out of State???

The Pilot really is a mystery. I have always thought that it was probably driven by someone from out of the area, since it wasn't easily identified as local. Since Chief Huff says that LE thinks the owner is a resident but they haven't been able to verify that, it makes me wonder where it is now and why the ownership would be difficult to verify. The Chief also said that not everyone is cooperating, so I'm assuming that this resident must be one who is uncooperative.

Almost a full hour between the last sighting and when it was called into police! No facts on exactly who saw him last at 6:30pm. I know the opinion is that it was a neighbor. The timeline, including peoples comings and goings has not been fleshed out in media.

I think it is interesting that the chief does not initally mention the family in the presser. Why could that be.

The photo of the walking man is very blurry. It appears he is carrying something in his right hand and lifts it up to his ear. Would think a phone, rather than a water bottle. My eyes are playing tricks on me - it almost looks like a hammer. More likely, it is just a blurry artifact from photo enlargement.

jmo

The Pilot really is a mystery. I have always thought that it was probably driven by someone from out of the area, since it wasn't easily identified as local. Since Chief Huff says that LE thinks the owner is a resident but they haven't been able to verify that, it makes me wonder where it is now and why the ownership would be difficult to verify. The Chief also said that not everyone is cooperating, so I'm assuming that this resident must be one who is uncooperative.

Maybe they know the owner, but the owner says they weren't driving it in that place/time, so they don't know whether somebody else was driving it or was it a different car, or...?

Almost a full hour between the last sighting and when it was called into police! No facts on exactly who saw him last at 6:30pm. I know the opinion is that it was a neighbor. The timeline, including peoples comings and goings has not been fleshed out in media.

I think it is interesting that the chief does not initally mention the family in the presser. Why could that be.
There have been several pressers where they didn’t really mention family unless asked. I found it weird from the beginning. That combined with the fact that they didn’t make the timeline of what happened before he went missing or who saw him last, public information. I really don’t understand why they would not do that unless they’re not sure it’s correct

The chief says herr that Michael was last seen at 6:30pm AT HIS HOUSE. Not neighbors houses. Not on any video in the neighborhood. Then at least 50 minutes later, the police are finally called.

They don't seem to be hurried to find the car owner or walking man. Like they don't feel like those leads took Michael. They keep saying the suspect the white Pilot belongs to a neighborhood resident. Maybe the uncooperative person is part of that and does not want to engage with the police.

The chief says herr that Michael was last seen at 6:30pm AT HIS HOUSE. Not neighbors houses. Not on any video in the neighborhood. Then at least 50 minutes later, the police are finally called.

They don't seem to be hurried to find the car owner or walking man. Like they don't feel like those leads took Michael. They keep saying the suspect the white Pilot belongs to a neighborhood resident. Maybe the uncooperative person is part of that and does not want to engage with the police.

It sounds more like loose ends that they have to clear up in order to make their case completely airtight before they charge somebody.

It sounds more like loose ends that they have to clear up in order to make their case completely airtight before they charge somebody.
I agreee. The information being released by LE is different from what’s been circulating social medias. If there was a neighbour sighting of Michael, would it not be public knowledge by now?

I didn't take the uncooperative comment that way at all. I'm guessing that people they have interviewed or tried to search have been uncooperative. Not coming forward at all is different in my head. IMO.

LE has not publicly or officially cleared the family home as the crime scene, AFAIK. I cannot clear it either, from what little we know so far. Maybe he did go to neighbours homes, looking for something to do. And when he went home, someone was angry at him for leaving w/out asking? Maybe things went sideways?

But it is more likely that he went to the wrong home at the wrong time and asked the wrong person if they wanted to hang out. :(

LE has not publicly or officially cleared the family home as the crime scene, AFAIK. I cannot clear it either, from what little we know so far. Maybe he did go to neighbours homes, looking for something to do. And when he went home, someone was angry at him for leaving w/out asking? Maybe things went sideways?

But it is more likely that he went to the wrong home at the wrong time and asked the wrong person if they wanted to hang out. :(
Just when a person thinks they know, it’s something totally different. The world we live in today, it’s hard telling what really happened imo

A year is so long. My heart aches for Brandi and Tyler. I’ve always felt Monkey was abducted, which makes the two unknowns (Pilot and unidentified male) so important. I really hope something breaks in this case soon.

Video interview with both parents:

Printed article is slightly longer.

I wish and hope this statement from the article would come true, and that Monkey does come home - and in the way they want him to - alive, safe.

“Recently, the work investigators have done are leading the family to believe that Michael will come home someday, they said.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abberline vs Edmund Reid