ID ID - Michael “Monkey” Vaughan, 5, last seen near home, Fruitland, 27 Jul 2021 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

July 23, 2024

FRUITLAND, Idaho (CBS2) — This Saturday, July 27, 2024, marks three years since the disappearance of Michael "Monkey Vaughan from his Fruitland home.

CBS2 spoke with Fruitland Police Chief JD Huff on Tuesday. Chief Huff tells us that two detectives continue to work this case each week as tips continue to come in. Chief Huff says Fruitland PD has received new tips just this week, and that he believes his department has a firm understanding of what happened to Michael, though he didn't elaborate further.

CBS2 regularly follows up with officials tied to this case, and the results have remained the same for nearly a year. Chief Huff tells CBS2 that all of the information, evidence, and the case have been given to the prosecutor's office. CBS2 reached out to the Payette Prosecutor's office for an update but did not immediately receive a response. When one is received, it will be added here.

City of Fruitland Police

pnrdStoesomh4hc0t80g6cg3cli5151u85cc38196f726800if5htfhu6gc2 ·
7-27-2024

Update: Missing Michael Joseph Vaughan

Michael has been gone for three years now, and the case remains very active. While we have already submitted our case to the Payette County Prosecutor, our primary goal is to continue our efforts in solving this case, finding Michael, and thoroughly following up on every tip and lead, by using every investigative tool at our disposal. As such, The National Center for Missing and Endangered Children, whom we partnered with shortly after Michael’s abduction, has developed an age progression photo and made it public. Despite the possibility of confusion, we found it necessary to make the photo public as an additional resource in the search for Michael, who has yet to be found.

We believe we have a firm understanding of the events that occurred on July 27, 2021, but it ultimately depends on the Payette County Prosecutor to assemble the case and move it forward.

The Fruitland Police Department is thankful for the community’s unwavering support and encourage those who have information that may help us recover Michael to reach out to us.
Tips can be sent to the Fruitland Police Department (208) 452-3110, Tipsters may remain anonymous,
findmichael@fruitland.org or to Crime Stoppers, 343COPS.com.
Have you seen this child? Michael Vaughan

Future updates will be released on this page as they’re available

This Saturday marks three years since the disappearance of Michael Vaughan. Fruitland police said they partnered with The National Center for Missing and Endangered Children to create an age progression photo of what he may look like now.

1722074733236.png

FRUITLAND — “My heart still breaks for the family. We’re doing everything we can to help get this case solved.”

Those were the words of Fruitland Police Chief JD Huff during an interview on Tuesday, just ahead of the three-year mark of Michael Vaughan’s disappearance. The boy was last seen on July 27, 2021, at the age of 5, in the neighborhood outside his home in Fruitland.

....are at the mercy of Payette County Prosecutor Mike Duke to put the case together and move it forward. Huff handed over his investigation to Duke a year ago.

The case is complex and with three year’s worth of investigatory evidence compiled, there is a lot for the prosecutor to continue going through. Huff said there are “terabytes and terabytes and terabytes of data.” The chief said he could not speculate on a potential time frame, but noted that it remains “in the works.”

"I can tell you I have put together a prosecution team and we are preparing for next steps," he (Mike Duke, Payette Co Prosecutor) said. "This case will live with everyone who has touched it and we will do everything in our power to get justice for young Michael Vaughan and his family.

"I know the family and law enforcement are in people’s hearts and prayers and I thank and appreciate the support we have from our community and law enforcement partners.

More at link -- long article.

FRUITLAND — “My heart still breaks for the family. We’re doing everything we can to help get this case solved.”

Those were the words of Fruitland Police Chief JD Huff during an interview on Tuesday, just ahead of the three-year mark of Michael Vaughan’s disappearance. The boy was last seen on July 27, 2021, at the age of 5, in the neighborhood outside his home in Fruitland.

....are at the mercy of Payette County Prosecutor Mike Duke to put the case together and move it forward. Huff handed over his investigation to Duke a year ago.

The case is complex and with three year’s worth of investigatory evidence compiled, there is a lot for the prosecutor to continue going through. Huff said there are “terabytes and terabytes and terabytes of data.” The chief said he could not speculate on a potential time frame, but noted that it remains “in the works.”

"I can tell you I have put together a prosecution team and we are preparing for next steps," he (Mike Duke, Payette Co Prosecutor) said. "This case will live with everyone who has touched it and we will do everything in our power to get justice for young Michael Vaughan and his family.

"I know the family and law enforcement are in people’s hearts and prayers and I thank and appreciate the support we have from our community and law enforcement partners.

More at link -- long article.
The article says the Wondra”s are both incarcerated on unrelated charges right now. Good to know the prime (only) suspects aren’t walking free.

We all know who did this by now, not hard to read between the lines.

“The case remains very active. While we have already submitted our case to the Payette County Prosecutor, our primary goal is to continue our efforts in solving this case,” the department said.

Fruitland Police Chief JD Huff told the Idaho Statesman in Dec. 2022 that he believed Vaughn was likely deceased and that his remains were removed from a backyard within city limits.

The article says the Wondra”s are both incarcerated on unrelated charges right now. Good to know the prime (only) suspects aren’t walking free.

I am pretty sure they did it---but I do have some niggling doubts because the wife seems battschitt crazy, so is she telling the truth or is she delusional?

If it's the truth, why can't they charge anyone with his unforgivable murder? So frustrating.

I am pretty sure they did it---but I do have some niggling doubts because the wife seems battschitt crazy, so is she telling the truth or is she delusional?

If it's the truth, why can't they charge anyone with his unforgivable murder? So frustrating.
I’m not a professional obviously, but I think a person can be both delusional and truthful at the same time. The problem is the impact to credibility. Is it possible to weed out the truth? I guess that’s where evidence comes in to substantiate. Whatever the case, it’s definitely complicating things for the DA.

Maybe one of the other two players LE was searching for at one time, can be convinced to make a plea agreement, in exchange for their testimony on what happened that night? Even if they ultimately never find Monkey/can prove where his body was moved too. Perhaps they can create a strong circumstantial case that he was killed.

Curious what the motive would be though. None of the four of them are known to be pedophiles?

This case is as baffling as it is infuriating! After reading extensively on what happened on 7/27/21 I believe Stacey and Sarah Wondra along with their "friends" Brandon Shutoff and Adrian Lucien were all involved in trafficking. The house was a revolving door as well as their many cars and many transport type jobs, including Brandon being a Dominoes Pizza delivery guy and delivering (many times ?) to Michael's house. The four of them were looking for a kid that day all over Fruitland and even down into Boise. Monkey was in the wrong place at the wrong time when they found and took him.

The police chief stated he believes Michael is deceased and was moved from the Wondra's backyard. Does anyone have knowledge of a case where a police chief said something misleading or completely off to the public that turned out to be untrue? I can only think of the Johnny Gosch case where the police chief stated to an entire group looking for Johnny (days after he was abducted) that Johnny was "just a damn runaway" and told everyone to go home. The Fruitland police chief did tell the local public in the first week or so, to check their trashcans and sheds in the event Monkey was hiding. I think that threw a lot of locals off into thinking he was hiding rather than kidnapped. I'm just hoping there is a potential that Michael is still alive and whatever the dogs and investigators found in that backyard wasn't from Michael. Maybe a slim chance, I know, but I pray for a miracle here!

Reactions: byo

I think Sarah Wondra definitely comes off as mentally & emotionally unstable and she sure did ramp up her religious zealot type posts, etc on social media after Michael was kidnapped but I doubt she's certifiable. She seems more like a criminal than a nutcase.

And he's going to be out soon supposedly!

Reactions: byo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SWilkie1985
Back