Identified! ID - Nez Perce Co., WhtMale 229UMID, 18-99, in Snake River, Jun'82 Dewayne Surls

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The drowning on June 14, 1982 happened in Riggins in Idaho County. Dewayne was found in Nez Perce county, just below Latah County, where the two were from. Nez Perce County is just below Latah, and has a small part of its southern border on Idaho County. Yet they couldn’t put the June 26, 1982 body found together. That is really strange. Note the sketch of Dewayne shown in the Doe Network article link I posted above, is, to me, a accurate enough likeness.
It seems like he was ruled out for some reason.

1726201769743.png

It’s going to be interesting
It seems like he was ruled out for some reason.

View attachment 530851
The article (which I read in full on the Idaho Cold Cases facebook page, and there are more articles there) later said he had some red & white swim trunks on. Were family members or friends ever asked if they recognized those trunks? Was a picture ever shown to anyone (there was some bruising, but did it make him unrecognizable?)

Posts from his siblings spell it 'Dewayne', so I think the article got it wrong. I was searching Dewayne and not 'Dwayne'.
Good enough for me. I’d like to hear what all the siblings were shown in 1982 to rule out a match, if anything, regarding the floating body case since the possibility of a link between the two-weeks-before drowning incident they knew involved Dewayne - was “being studied."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
curtmarvin
Back