ID - Robert Manwill, 8, Boise, 24 July 2009 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What about the possibility of him being picked up from the playground and whatever happened was in the vehicle? Maybe he never got back to the apartment after your niece saw him. The evidence they found at the apartment might be related to clothing on the mother or boyfriend being transferred from vehicle to apartment. Just a possibility I thought I'd throw out there.

That is entirely possible. I cant help but to think that in a complex that size at least one person would have remembered seeing the boy get into a vehicle, but maybe not. I dont notice details that look normal to me so I imagine others may not have noticed it either

I think if the friend had something to do with it the bf was also involved. With the intense search and uhaul involved in the mothers apartment I cant get past that. The only stupid thing is why would someone who was involved in the crime leave the vehicle so close to where it all happened? This entire thing is crazy. I wish the police would let us in on what they know.

Here's the article that has the info that Fifth posted about......a lot of interesting comments are in this news release!

Search for Robert Manwill turns grim
Man 'sick' as police search his yard; father of mother's boyfriend says son accused him[/I]
Published: 08/01/09
<snipped>
Evan Wallis told the Idaho Statesman that he doesn't know what police are looking for at his rental home in the 6600 block of Southdale Avenue, near Five Mile Road in Southwest Boise.

Article:
http://www.idahostatesman.com/eyepiece/story/852598.html

SNIPPED

:angel:

From this article, it appears LE changed instructions to searchers after LE found some type of evidence of trauma/foul play in the search of the apartment. It also appears LE went to the rented house AFTER this change of instructions. IF this is the correct sequence of events, then the child would have been "harmed" at the couple's apartment or car and then moved to the friend's rental house and/or car at the rental house.

After spending hours searching the apartment shared by Jenkins and Ehrlick Jr. - and removing at least two cars from the Oak Park Village apartment complex near Vista Avenue - police announced that they had found new evidence that showed Robert could have been "the victim of a tragic event." They asked the more than 2,300 volunteers scouring Boise to start looking for signs of a crime.

Meanwhile, officers converged on Wallis' home and cordoned off an area of the Hidden Hollow Landfill that had been left alone since trash was dumped there the morning after Robert was reported missing

Second issue: in the same article, DE's brother, the brother's friend (from the rental house), and DE's Dad are all said to be interviewed at the brother's house (address is given). Do the brother and father live together or next door to each other? Probably not important. It just wasn't clear from the article:

"Ehrlick Sr. said he used to pick up Robert at his father's house in New Plymouth and bring him to Boise. He teared up as he discussed the missing child while smoking a cigarette in his front yard."

I am beyond sickened in this case. I went home yesterday and hugged both my lil ones close. How sad that we live in a world that allows the brutality of our little ones. How sad that "we" the collective masses cry for a boy who is quite probably a victim of those that should have protected them. We never knew him, yet we long to hold him and kiss his hurts away.

My kids, who are 5 and almost 7 expect me to right the wrongs and kiss the hurts. They absolutely trust me and that's a big heavy responsibilty. Poor little Robert was shortchanged being born to a monster. (you fracture your baby's skull you are a monster, period) I often wonder if I am right to overprotect my children. As a mother I second guess everything I do. I always fall short of being the perfect mother, and strive to do better every day. It isn't that hard to be at least a "decent" parent, if not an alltogether "good" one.

There is no justice here. I am so tired of government failing the little ones. Everytime another election comes around, do you ever hear anyone talking about child crimes? You may or may not hear someone addressing crime in general or even increasing law enforcement in local politics, but the first thing they should discuss is crimes against children. That should be the number one platform for election in this country. It's a problem that sometimes dominates the news but never the elections. go figure. Not trying to talk politics in any way, just wondering why our elected officials don't ever mention the little ones? (Maybe because they cant vote). Who wouldn't vote for Marc Klaas or John Walsh???

An earlier poster said it best, when she/he said that the courts treat the children as property. sickening. Sorry for little Robert. Sorry it's too late for him. I wonder how many more Roberts, Caylees, Christopher Barrios it's going to take before things really start changing. :behindbar

I'll get down off my soap box now. I know I'm preaching to the choir. Just venting I suppose, and this little corner of the web seems to be full of those with likeminds. I can't believe it took me so long to find this site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crainkd