ID - Robert Manwill, 8, Boise, 24 July 2009 - #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not doubting you or your brother, but this seems odd to me. If they found massive amounts of blood in the mom's apartment, shouldn't they have been arrested and in jail, instead of putting them up in a motel? Massive amounts says to me someone died there. Unless both the mother and the boyfriend have solid alibis, they would be the #1 suspects, and that kind of evidence would be good enough for an arrest warrant, IMO. Sounds like they have them in protective custody and LE doesn't do that with suspects. With the FBI watching the apt., sounds like they think someone else is involved, rather than the mom and b/f.
I think this is an area that is open for interpretation. I agree that massive would describe death, but an injury amount could be interpreted as a skinned knee. Some people would describe a bloody nose as massive, but its not death. Considering the body appears to be intact that would tell me its not massive to the extreme, but again what describes massive

HLN reporting a news conference at 5 to 5:30

Jane Valez Mitchell just said there is going to be a Presser between 5 and 5:30.

Maybe LE found the massive amounts of blood, but let them go to watch them. To see if they lead them to the body, or if maybe they talked to someone else. I bet that motel was bugged ahead of time.
From what I was told the apartment was going to issue an eviction right away and it was the FBI who advised then not to do that yet. They were concerned that if they were evicted they would be flight risk. I am thinking the police put them in a bugged motel room to keep an eye on them. Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer kind of thing. Maybe they didnt make an arrest because without the body they couldnt be certain if it was murder or attempted murder.....

I hope there is an arrest in this one The Neveah B. still has no arrest!!!!

Body Tentatively ID'd as Robert Manwill
Posted: Aug 4, 2009 04:21 PM EDT
<snipped>
Boise, ID - The Ada County Coroner's Office has "tentatively" identified the body found in the New York Canal yesterday as Robert Manwill. The positive ID will come after the dental records have been matched. For now the information has been turned over to the Boise Police Department. We are still waiting to hear the cause of death. Manwill went missing 11 days ago from his mom's apartment complex near Vista and Cherry in Boise. Police are going to hold a press conference later today. The time has not yet been set

Article:
http://www.fox12idaho.com/Global/story.asp?S=10846485&nav=menu439_2
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Coroner tentatively identifies body as Robert Manwill
August 4, 2009
Updated 1 minute ago
<snipped>
The Ada County coroner has tentatively identified the body recovered from the New York Canal Monday as that of 8-year-old Robert Manwill.

Coroner Erwin Sonnenberg said positive identification will be released as soon as the office receives dental records and the forensic odontologist compares the findings.

A cause of death has not yet been determined.

Boise police announced they plan to update the media on the investigation at 4 p.m.

Check back for updates.

Article:
http://www.idahopress.com/?2009-08-04-Ada-coroner-tentatively-identifies-body-as-missing-8-year-old
Coroner's tentative ID: Body found in canal is Manwill
02:35 PM MDT on Tuesday, August 4, 2009
<snipped>
The body found in the New York canal Monday afternoon has been tentatively identified as that of 8-year-old Robert Manwill.

Tuesday afternoon, Ada County Coroner Erwin Sonnenberg made a tentative identification of the body, but said that the cause of death is pending a police investigation.

The identification is tentative because Sonnenberg is awaiting the receipt of dental records to make a final determination.

Sonnenberg said his office is working closely with the Boise Police Department on the case - and says further information will come in cooperation with BPD.

It still is not clear how Manwill ended up in the canal, how long his body had been in the water or if other factors are at play.

A spokesperson says a news conference is expected in the case, at 4 p.m. Tuesday. We will carry the news conference live on KTVB & KTVB.COM.

Article:
http://www.ktvb.com/news/localnews/stories/ktvbn-aug0309-kuna_canal_body.a50d15f2.html
Coroner says body looks to be missing boy
August 4, 2009 in Idaho
<snipped>
The Ada County coroner has tentatively identified a body found floating in a canal Monday as missing 8-year-old Robert Manwill.

In a statement Tuesday, coroner Erwin Sonnenberg said his office is still trying to determine the cause of death.

The boy was visiting his mother the night he vanished. His father, Charles Manwill, lives in New Plymouth and has had custody since 2008.

Police have said evidence in the case indicates suspicious circumstances surrounding the disappearance.

Article:
http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2009/aug/04/coroner-says-body-looks-be-missing-boy/
Coroner identifies body found in canal &#8212; tentatively &#8212; as Robert Manwill
Published: 08/04/09
<snipped>
The boy found in a canal between Boise and Kuna Monday was most likely missing 8-year-old Robert Manwill, the Ada County Coroner's Office said Tuesday afternoon.

"Positive identification will be released as soon as this office receives the dental records and the forensic odontologist can compare the findings," the office said in a release. "We are working closely with the Boise Police Department and our preliminary results are being turned over to Boise police to help further their investigation."

The report issued Tuesday does not indicate a cause of death, that is "pending investigation." It also says the place of death is "unknown."

Boise police will hold a press conference to update the case at 4 p.m.

Article:
http://www.idahostatesman.com/newsupdates/story/855363.html
BREAKING NEWS - A tentative identification has been made on the juvenile male recovered from a canal on Monday to be 8-year old Robert Manwill. The Coroner is still waiting for dental records and forensic testing to make a positive identification.
http://www.2news.tv/
Coroner: Body Found In Canal Robert Manwill
Posted: Aug 4, 2009 04:39 PM EDT
Updated: Aug 4, 2009 04:42 PM EDT
<snipped>
The Ada County coroner has tentatively identified a body found floating in a canal Monday as missing 8-year-old Robert Manwill.

In a statement Tuesday, coroner Erwin Sonnenberg said his office is still trying to determine the cause of death.

The child reportedly disappeared July 24 after leaving his mother's apartment in Boise.

A passerby called emergency workers Monday to report a body in the canal near Kuna about 1:30 p.m.

Article:
http://www.localnews8.com/Global/story.asp?S=10846733
Canal Body Tentatively Identified as Robert Manwill
August 4, 2009
<snipped>
The Ada County Coroner has tentetively identified the body which was found yesterday floating in a canal as missing eight-year old Robert Manwill. The coroner says positive identification will be released as soon as they can compare dental records. The Coroners report does not include the cause of death, or does it say if the death is being ruled as accidental or not. Results have been turned over to Boise Police who say they plan to hold a press conference at 4:00 to update the case.

Article:
http://www.kboi.com/Article.asp?id=1441754&spid=
Update: 4:00 Press Conference on Robert Manwill
August 4, 2009
<snipped>
Boise Police have called a press conference for 4:00 today to update the case of Robert Manwill. The Ada County coroner has tenetatively identified a body found in a canal yesterday as Robert. The cause of death has not been released.

Article:
http://www.kboi.com/Article.asp?id=1434459&spid=

:angel:

Ive looked for song lyrics, clothing lines, etc. Can't find a thing. What I don't understand though..If it was just a kids Superman T-shirt, there wouldnt have been a strange quote like this on the back...

The brown "Andy" t-shirt was one of the first shirts Robert was reported as wearing when he disappeared, I think then they said a blue spiderman T and then the 3rd shirt was the Superman shirt (IIRC).

GoGrannyPop...forgive me AGAIN, for using your signature line:

Bless the beasts and the children
For in this world they have no voice
They have no choice

Bless the beasts and the children
For the world can never be
The world they see

Rest in Peace Little Robert..I would have loved you to the Moon and Back!

Dang it. I'm still mad. Okay....what exactly led the dogs to the Suburban. Dogs were just cruising by and hit on it???? What's the connection there?

Sad, just sad

Has the world always been this dangerous for innocent children?

I forgot to mention that from what my brother said (hearsay lol) The people who lived in that house were out of town when their suburban was stolen. It was their neighbors who told them it had come up missing. From what I was just told the suburban was parked back in the driveway on Monday. Now that makes me wonder if the people who live in that house arent the ones who put something together and called the police to check out their vehicle and home. It would fit in with my the vehicle wasnt reported missing until after the fact. Maybe being a family friend the bf knew how to get into the house or had access to spare keys.
or just maybe Wallis would like to make people think this...just sayin....jmo

The brown "Andy" t-shirt was one of the first shirts Robert was reported as wearing when he disappeared, I think then they said a blue spiderman T and then the 3rd shirt was the Superman shirt (IIRC).

You know..If it was the monster and her BF, they probably didnt even know what he was last wearing. They didnt seem to care about him, as long as he was sitting still on his little hands..I think I need a good cry so I'll be back in a bit....

oh no, so sad, even sadder that I'm not surprised...another tragedy. <Sigh>

I wish things had been different for the little man. So much potential and a long life that he should have been able to live have been stolen from him. My prayers are with the ones that loved him. I hope justice is swift and painful for the ones that hurt him. :( :( :(

sy1is4.jpg

I think the saying refers to the kid comedian on MTV (Andy M.)

though I may be wrong.

And he is loud enough to not need a mic(rophone)? I didn't know who "Andy" was but figured that was what the rest meant. I found all kinds of "mic" tshirts but nothing with that particular design.

The first missing person report I read had the tshirt description as that shirt. The first time I read about blue Superman tshirt was when a reporter said that the body pulled from the canal was wearing a shirt similar to what Robert had been wearing, and then mentioned blue tshirt with faded Superman logo.

I went back to the first thread to get some of the beginning details and clicked on the egg donors myspace. Would like to leave her my true comments on her "truth box" but decided better of it. I think BF has everything to do with this. Wasn't egg donor at work til 9pm?? I'm betting he didn't come home on time or something and bf lost it. Poor lil boy. Probably like my lil boy, thinks he knows what he is doing. Egg donor and bf shouldn't be allowed to be around kids. I'm really angry and this isn't solving anything. But I want to hit someone now. The person responsible.

I don't buy the oh my car was stolen and the nice thieves brought it back story. What brought the dogs to the car???

RIP Robert. No more days and nights with evil for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor