GUILTY ID - Taryn Summers, 8, sibs Tristan Sexton 17 (MISSING 10/1) & Taylor 14, safe, 15 Apr 2021 *arrest

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
MOD NOTE:

This is a fast breaking tragic case, which means it is even more critical to follow Websleuths’ TOS to be sure facts are correct.

Specifically...
- Posting details of an arrest without linking to the source of that info is a violation of TOS.
- Discussing posts that were removed is a violation of TOS as well.
- Discussing the rules on the thread derails the thread and is also a violation.
- Posts that violate TOS will be removed.

Hope that answers questions. If there are still concerns, send a PM or an Alert/Report and we will be happy to help. Thank you for doing you best to uphold the intentional high standards of Websleuths.

MOD NOTE:

This is a fast breaking tragic case, which means it is even more critical to follow Websleuths’ TOS to be sure facts are correct.

Specifically...
- Posting details of an arrest without linking to the source of that info is a violation of TOS.
- Discussing posts that were removed is a violation of TOS as well.
- Discussing the rules on the thread derails the thread and is also a violation.
- Posts that violation TOS will be removed.

Hope that answers questions. If there are still concerns, send a PM or an Alert/Report and we will be happy to help. Thank you for doing you best to uphold the intentional high standards of Websleuths.

Can the thread title be updated to reflect that Taryn is found deceased and the other kiddos are presumed alive?

Gem County Coroner called to home on Airport Road in Emmett

April 15, 2021

"I can confirm that a body has been discovered, that body is pending identification, but it is believed to be that of 8-year-old Taryn Summers aka Taryn Quinton," the sheriff said.

The Gem County Sheriff's Office says a suspect was arrested in Ada County earlier on Thursday. The sheriff did not identify the suspect, however, the Ada County Sheriff's jail roster has a Connie Ann Smith, 54, of Emmett, that's been booked on first-degree murder.

A spokesperson for the Ada County Sheriff's Office would not say whether Smith was connected to the case.

Officials say the two other missing children, 17-year-old Tristan Sexton and 14-year-old Taylor Summers, have reportedly been in contact with officials and they are not believed to be in any danger.

Last edited:
someone seriously dropped the ball on this: Let's say I'm a mom who for WHATEVER reason I am not able to take care of my kids, so my kids are put into someone else's home by the court, lets say Grandma. 2 of those kids go missing and run to someone else's home and LE says "hey, they are safe and fine"( which was said before Taryn went missing) but not in the home the courts said they should be. ( nobody following up) now there's a 3rd child who sadly is deceased and an arrest and LE are still saying the older 2 are fine. <Modsnip> MAN, we need a better system and those 2 older kids shouldn't have been in a situation to run. BALL DROPPED!!! ALL IMO

Last edited by a moderator:
someone seriously dropped the ball on this: Let's say I'm a mom who for WHATEVER reason I am not able to take care of my kids, so my kids are put into someone else's home by the court, lets say Grandma. 2 of those kids go missing and run to someone else's home and LE says "hey, they are safe and fine"( which was said before Taryn went missing) but not in the home the courts said they should be. ( nobody following up) now there's a 3rd child who sadly is deceased and an arrest and LE are still saying the older 2 are fine. <Modsnip> MAN, we need a better system and those 2 older kids shouldn't have been in a situation to run. BALL DROPPED!!! ALL IMO

I AGREE! Runaway cases alone are cause for concern, especially if they last longer than a night or two- why is this child leaving their guardians? What's going on there that is so concerning? It's incredibly distressing to imagine that LE didn't intervene sooner IMO- Imagine if after the first child ran away they had interjected themselves in the home life! Taryn may very well still be with us. Just speculation, but it feels as though LE did the bare minimum to cover their bums and dusted their hands of the whole thing. Did social workers ever get involved? CPS? Anyone? Running away isn't as normal of a teenage thing as people seem to believe. All the attempted runaways I knew had some SERIOUS bad stuff going on at home in some way.

Last edited by a moderator:
I AGREE! Runaway cases alone are cause for concern, especially if they last longer than a night or two- why is this child leaving their guardians? What's going on there that is so concerning? It's incredibly distressing to imagine that LE didn't intervene sooner IMO- Imagine if after the first child ran away they had interjected themselves in the home life! Taryn may very well still be with us. Just speculation, but it feels as though LE did the bare minimum to cover their bums and dusted their hands of the whole thing. Did social workers ever get involved? CPS? Anyone? Running away isn't as normal of a teenage thing as people seem to believe. All the attempted runaways I knew had some SERIOUS bad stuff going on at home in some way.
Honestly with the 1st child running, ok, we have a run away, but the 2nd child running approx a month later should have had some signals. They may not have the same last name but they did have the same address. SIGNS!

The older ones were not as vulnerable as the 8year old and could run away. This grandmother should have been investigated when they ran away. Where are they and who are they living with? They may be in danger too, depending on where they are.

It absolutely breaks my heart. Why, why, why can someone not say I can't do this and let someone else take the child to love and cherish the way they should be loved and cared for. I just can not comprehend it.
Because they get support money.
Has it been said why these kids were not with their parents?

He did not share the suspect’s identity but a search of the Ada County Jail roster shows a 54-year-old Emmett woman named Connie Smith was booked Thursday evening on a first-degree murder charge, the East Idaho News noted.

Law enforcement has been in contact with Taylor and does not believe her to be in danger at this time. Family has been in contact with Tristan Sexton and law enforcement does not believe him to be in danger at this time,” Wunder said.

Family members have said on social media that the children were not living with their mother at the time of their disappearances.
Idaho investigators: Body found believed to be that of missing 8-year-old girl; suspect charged with murder | Gephardt Daily

“A suspect was arrested in Ada County,” Wunder said. He did not share the suspect’s identity but a search of the Ada County Jail roster shows a 54-year-old Emmett woman named Connie Smith was booked Thursday evening on a first-degree murder charge.

174136192_1368800560151930_1490275973262181472_n.jpg

Connie Smith | Ada County Sheriff’s Office
Body found believed to be missing 8-year-old, suspect in custody for murder - East Idaho News

Last edited:
I’m still stunned. I was walking around picking up the living room holding my iPad clicking around and landed here. I had to stop and sit down...

*I just wanna scream!
Why do people hurt children? Or one another? Why? Our world seems out of control. Is it? Why? Past months’ tragedies and traumas in these threads are becoming increasingly difficult to read. I realize I must learn to control the tension in my body. It’s not healthy. I need to take more sanity breaks. Some of these threads have a lingering after effect. I thought I was getting better at detaching. I’ve been trying. All the violence, shootings and senseless deaths. Much less all the social upheaval and controversy associated with the threads. The video with Adam Toledo spooked me yesterday. I don’t know if I was hallucinating. In my mind I saw my granddaughter on the ground in place of Adam. I felt something like an electrical current almost knock me off balance. I’ve not had something like that happen before. Sure, I let the threads mess with my mind and I’m the first one to say I’m crazy sometimes. I had to shut it down. I crashed early last night. I missed this news and it’s a bit of a shocker this morning so excuse my ramblings. I haven’t even read the thread yet. I just needed to spew my anxiety for a minute. I’m done.
The video starts at around the 2:50 mark:

upload_2021-4-16_5-33-37.jpeg
Smith, Connie AnnEmmett, ID
Arrest Date: Thu 4/15
Time: 6:16 PM
Agency: Idaho State Police
Severity: F
Charge: Murder I
Statute: I18-4001-I
Type: Out of County Warrant
https://apps.adacounty.id.gov/sheriff/reports/inmates.aspx

Last edited: