ID - Travis Calumpit, 37, shot to death at campground, wife Melissa, 35, MIL Rosalie Morris, 59, charged - Parma, 12 Jul 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

ifindedout

Reaction score
PARMA, Idaho (Scripps News Boise/Court TV) — A mother and daughter are facing charges after a man was fatally shot at an Idaho campground.

Court documents obtained by Scripps News Boise allege 35-year-old Melissa Calumpit and 59-year-old Rosalie Morris admitted to plotting the murder of 37-year-old Travis Calumpit.

Travis was found dead at Martin’s Landing Campground on July 12. He had been fatally shot in the chest.

Melissa and Travis were married in 2010 and have two children together, but the documents say the two were estranged and had previously divorced in 2018 and remarried in 2020. Melissa told investigators she was forced to leave their house in Parma in April due to Travis being physically abusive to their children. Melissa told investigators that she planned to meet with Travis on July 12 to inform him that she wanted a second divorce.

[...]

Melissa will appear in court for a preliminary hearing on July 26. Rosalie will return to court on August 2.

Court documents indicate Melissa changed her story multiple times while talking to investigators about what happened at the camp site. Initially, she claimed Travis raped her, but later she said she bludgeoned Travis with a rock and shot him when he charged her. In one version of the story, Melissa claimed that Travis took the gun and racked a round into the chamber.

According to Melissa, after Travis was shot he pleaded with her and asked her "why?" to which she responded by apologizing to him and saying she loved him before running away.

Melissa says she took her gun and Travis' phone, and asked Rosalie to take her to CJ Strike Reservoir. On the drive, court documents say she threw the SIM card out of the car window. then tossed the phone and gun into the water.

The two women have court appearances in the coming weeks. Melissa will return for a preliminary hearing on July 26. Rosalie will return to court on August 2.

Missy Calumpit is with Dest Quinty Calumpit.​

So I lost the love of my life this last weekend and I don't know what to do yes we for separated yes I was going to file for divorce but he was the love of my life I will always love him I just can't be with him I miss him so much I miss knowing that he's still out there my kids and I are all very devastated about the loss but we are leaning on my family and loved ones in our time of grief from this I love you and I will miss you forever Travis Calumpit

Missy is Melissa - you know the one who lured, ambushed and killed her husband in cold blood :mad:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back