Found Deceased ID - Zeke Best, 10-months, abducted by homicide suspect bio father Jeremy Best 41, Victor, 30 Nov 2023 *father arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Jeremy Best was taken by authorities to Swan Valley's hospital Thursday for mental health evaluation and released later that afternoon. This is about half an hour from Victor, Idaho.

He is not a well man. :mad:
Imo.
So scared for the little one !!

Rest in gentle peace, Kali !

Why do you think so?
The unclothed episode at the store ?
Wondering if there were other actions that happened before ?
Although maybe he's just ill mental health-wise, without the use of any meds, legal or not.

It sounds like he may have caused Kali's death as well ?
Omo.

I need to read back and catch up, sorry.

Oh, my goodness. :mad:
Feeling sickened.

I'd posted before reading your update.
Ugh.

Rest in peace and fly with the angels, darling little Zeke !

Oh, my goodness. :mad:
Feeling sickened.

I'd posted before reading your update.
Ugh.

Rest in peace and fly with the angels, darling little Zeke !
So sad.

TETON COUNTY, Idaho (KIFI)- The Victor Idaho man suspected of killing his wife and kidnapping the couple's son has been apprehended East of Idaho Falls. The infant, 10-month old Zeke Best, was found dead at the scene.

View attachment 465433
*this article hasn’t been updated but I wanted a photo of him without that hateful man.this is so sad, I was very very afraid of this happening…RIP Baby Zeke :(
Aww, he looks just like his mama. I hope and pray he is in her loving arms right now. What a tragedy. :(

So sad.

TETON COUNTY, Idaho (KIFI)- The Victor Idaho man suspected of killing his wife and kidnapping the couple's son has been apprehended East of Idaho Falls. The infant, 10-month old Zeke Best, was found dead at the scene.

I feel awful for the first responders, That was the very last thing they wanted to see. It's no surprise that the suicide rate among them is very high.

View attachment 465172
“She was absolutely a genuine beautiful soul,” Kali’s brother Brian Randall tells PEOPLE through tears.

Kali was an artist who made handcrafted jewelry and formerly worked as a veterinarian technician, Brian says.
Kali had a beautiful smile.

I'm curious as to whether Jeremy had a sudden break with reality or whether he had ongoing mental health issues. (not that it affects the final terrible outcome here)

Major mental health issues are so difficult to deal with. I have someone close to me that had a major mental health event. Doctors put him on some drugs that completely changed his personality...so much so that he completely lost who he was and he became manic. He chased a neighbor friend's car up the street. He really didn't know what he was doing. Once they adjusted his meds his medication-induced mania subsided. There was never another problem.

I know another person whose husband stabbed their babysitter in the stomach. Horrific! He had a sudden psychosis. This was many years ago and I am happy to report that he had successful treatment and had no futher issues over the many years since.

None of my comments above absolve this man in this case of the terrible crimes he committed. But I am curious as to what his mental state was at the time. The fact that he had a break with reality THAT VERY DAY makes me very concerned that the the hospital is at fault and shouldn't have let him go. Of course there are laws that can limit medical facilities from holding an adult against their will. Often this is a source of problems.

This is no comfort to the families that are devastated and who are left picking up the pieces.

As to whether JB could pass himself off as normal (at the hospital), I have seen it, many times. I'm always shocked at where the local standard for "danger to self/others" lies. Being naked in a store is a misdemeanor. It's not a threat to the lives of others. It's just typical...behavior of some mentally ill people. That's not enough to be put on involuntary hold in many places.
SBM^

Right, that’s what I mean when I say there’s a huge, glaring issue. It seems that JB was a fairly normal, functioning person and suddenly became very irrational (i.e, entering stores naked). In a functioning behavioral health system, sudden erratic changes in behavior like that would be enough for at least a 72 hour involuntary hold for monitoring because it’s indicative of potentially the onset of psychosis (JMO and just using psychosis as a common example, I obviously don’t know what was happening with JB).

Not being argumentative, 10ofRods, I hope it’s not coming across that way! I agree with you 100%. Just expanding my own thoughts and frustrations on the issue.

Going off my experience of living in a place with a huge meth problem, this definitely sounds like JB was on meth. He probably got some sleep in the hospital and that is why he was able to act normal enough to be released. These thoughts are my opinion only.

Edited for grammar

Baby Zeke is forever safe with Jesus now and in the arms of his mommy. Rest in peace Zeke and Kali.

I'm wondering maybe if we will find out that Zeke passed away from neglect?

So heartbreaking.
This grown middle-aged man running around butt naked and out of his mind did not qualify for a psychiatric hold?
I have major depression, no psychosis and after suicide attempts I was in for 2 weeks afterwards, even though I was completely coherent. I don’t understand how they think someone walking into a store naked was of sound mind….

M

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henrypaul
Back