IDI or RDI either way no justice for JonBenet yet.(Poll)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Can justice ever be served in the JonBenet case?

• Yes

Votes: 34 31.8%
  • No

Votes: 73 68.2%

• Total voters
I still think Karr is involved somehow. His handwriting is too close to the ransom note. The boulder police are totally incompetant and don't know how to investigate or handle an investigation. They need to go back to the beginning and really go over every detail with a fine tooth comb. There are people and things they may have dismissed for flimsy reasons that they probably shouldn't have. They need to go over every record they can from 1996.They're lazy and dismissed his involvement too easily. The dna might have nothing to do with the case. Did they test everyone at the party to make sure it wasn't some guys dna that she got from a toilet seat that has no involvement? They most certainly didn't do everything they can do to investigate Karr and his wherebouts in a week. They need competant detectives. Get some people from new york or chicago to take over the case.

Most of all talk to john karr. Did they bother talking to him and asking him things that would lead them to evidence? Ask specific questions about why, where and how he got in colorado. That way they aren't looking for a needles in a haystack. Talking to the family isn't good enough. The brother refuses to answer questions about working for Ramsey.

A comprehensive investigation wasn't done in order to clear this guy as a suspect.
Is he completely cleared as a suspect?
They're dismissing Karr too easily solely based on the dna and family testimony. That's shoddy and lazy police work.

I am just really close to hopping off the fence into the RDI side, especially after this latest debacle. Sure, its more pleasant to think that children are not brutalized and murdered by their own families, and that only "weirdo pedophiles" do the sorts of things that were done to JonBenet...but we all know that children are killed by parents every day.

IMO (hotheaded and just of the moment opinion) Karr was set up for this by people who have a vested interest in saying that the "bogeyman" did it, and he has enough strangeness/mental instability about him to BE the "bogeyman"...or at least play one on TV.

Juliet10 said:
Most of all talk to john karr. Did they bother talking to him and asking him things that would lead them to evidence? Ask specific questions about why, where and how he got in colorado. That way they aren't looking for a needles in a haystack. Talking to the family isn't good enough. The brother refuses to answer questions about working for Ramsey.
I agree, Juliet10--they might as well make the best of this, while they have him in sight! BTW, I know brother Nate has been on TV talking...has the older brother? Is there a pic of him anywhere online?

"I voted No because I believe the main perp has already taken the truth to her grave, and the secondary perp will never speak up."

The gods mete out justice none of us could match.

"we all know that children are killed by parents every day."

Birdie, the sooner we accept that, the closer we'll be to stopping it.

Juliet10 said:
I still think Karr is involved somehow. His handwriting is too close to the ransom note. The boulder police are totally incompetant and don't know how to investigate or handle an investigation. They need to go back to the beginning and really go over every detail with a fine tooth comb. There are people and things they may have dismissed for flimsy reasons that they probably shouldn't have. They need to go over every record they can from 1996.They're lazy and dismissed his involvement too easily. The dna might have nothing to do with the case. Did they test everyone at the party to make sure it wasn't some guys dna that she got from a toilet seat that has no involvement? They most certainly didn't do everything they can do to investigate Karr and his wherebouts in a week. They need competant detectives. Get some people from new york or chicago to take over the case.

A comprehensive investigation wasn't done in order to clear this guy as a suspect.
They're dismissing Karr too easily solely based on the dna and family testimony. That's shoddy and lazy police work.
Oh dear Lord, I knew this would happen....I knew there would be people who would say "just because they cleared him, I still think he did it...." I knew it was coming, but it still drives me nuts....:banghead:

BirdieBoo said:
I am just really close to hopping off the fence into the RDI side, especially after this latest debacle. Sure, its more pleasant to think that children are not brutalized and murdered by their own families, and that only "weirdo pedophiles" do the sorts of things that were done to JonBenet...but we all know that children are killed by parents every day.

IMO (hotheaded and just of the moment opinion) Karr was set up for this by people who have a vested interest in saying that the "bogeyman" did it, and he has enough strangeness/mental instability about him to BE the "bogeyman"...or at least play one on TV.
Very well-stated, I totally agree. These people with a vested interest would include JR, LW, Lacey, Tracey, basically the whole Boulder DAs office, Smit....

sandraladeda said:
Oh dear Lord, I knew this would happen....I knew there would be people who would say "just because they cleared him, I still think he did it...." I knew it was coming, but it still drives me nuts....:banghead:
Because she is a handwriting analyst and she thinks Karr's handwriting matches the RN ...

justice2 said:
Because she is a handwriting analyst and she thinks Karr's handwriting matches the RN ...
Ah, a handwriting analyst, pardon moi....:angel:

Juliet10 said:

Have you looked at the comparison of Patsy's handwriting on the other thread? The similarity is uncanny. I think it's dead on.
Tracey did pose questions to Karr in the e-mails, such as why the blanket?
Karr made up answers he thought would fit, such as "she was cold". The things he claimed to have secret knowledge of- one of two being her nose was runny- this was on the autopsy report, or it could've been an easy guess- most children get colds in the winter, especially in a snowy area like Colorado.

BirdieBoo said:

Those people with the vested interest=the Ramseys. Notice how John had no interest in meeting him or having Patsy meet him before her death??? Notice how John said don't read too much into JMK's arrest? Notice how John publically stated he wants to leave the country? Ever start to wonder why???

IrishMist said:
I voted yes, but only because there wasn't an option for "I really, really hope so..."

But I remember the Martha Moxley case, and justice was finally served there, so I still have hope for this case. Someone, somewhere is going to talk.
I voted yes much to the same reason as above.

What could possibly be justice for such a crime?
Justice is not finally one day getting the answer to Who Killed JonBenet?
That will sell newspapers and create a media frenzy while having every hotel in Boulder booked, but JonBenet was robbed of her life in 1996, she was not allowed to turn 7 or 8 or 9 or 10, she was not allowed to become a teenager and have all the angst that comes with it.
Justice can be done for someone done wrong such as you're robbed and the guilty person has to give back what they took, but her life will not be handed back, she won't suddenly appear alive and smiling learning to ride the new bike she got for Christmas.
Justice is impossible for a crime like this IMO.

OB

I voted no rather quickly. I also wished there was a "really really hope so" choice.

However too many people that were involved in the case early on has admitted that certain valid clues were ignored. Certain people were not to be questioned, and people did a lot of "tip-toe'ng" around case facts. We all have heard that the collection of evidence hours after a crime is so important. Most of which is highly believed to be tampered with.

I have read letters, emails, books, and many opinions. The recent news of "maybe there is DNA", "maybe not" evidence is clearly disturbing.

I have one more thought.

A large percentage, I assume, of people that eventually get caught in a crime was ones that were previously questioned. The little 8 yr old girl that was kidnapped in Austria when she was 10, Natascha, they had her captor at the station. He said he was remodeling his house. The police saw the work clothes, the paint on his arm, and LET HIM GO. There was also the "Brown's Chicken Massarce right here in my hometown. The Palatine police had Juan Luna, with the getaway car driver in their station. They said they were at home on the couch eating pizza. THEY LET THEM GO.

So I think if this chance had *ANY* chance of being solved, the DA/Boulder Police, would have to start from the beginning once again. And I think they cannot do it, because of how bad they contaminated the evidence.

Thanks for listening!
Cassata

Old Broad said:
What could possibly be justice for such a crime?
Justice is not finally one day getting the answer to Who Killed JonBenet?
That will sell newspapers and create a media frenzy while having every hotel in Boulder booked, but JonBenet was robbed of her life in 1996, she was not allowed to turn 7 or 8 or 9 or 10, she was not allowed to become a teenager and have all the angst that comes with it.
Justice can be done for someone done wrong such as you're robbed and the guilty person has to give back what they took, but her life will not be handed back, she won't suddenly appear alive and smiling learning to ride the new bike she got for Christmas.
Justice is impossible for a crime like this IMO.

OB
I believe in absolute justice and a balancing of the scales. I don't believe that JBR's life is as small or short as the few years she spent here.

Those people with the vested interest=the Ramseys. Notice how John had no interest in meeting him or having Patsy meet him before her death??? Notice how John said don't read too much into JMK's arrest? Notice how John publically stated he wants to leave the country? Ever start to wonder why???__________________
This says it all to me, exactly how I see things and made the same statements myself. :)

Kind of like Snot Pukerson the day his families bodies washed ashore and he headed for Southern California.

I voted yes because there is always hope. Lots of cold cases are solved years after the crime because people start talking, new technology is discovered to help with evidence and most importantly and hopefully, a new team of investigators who are not helping the Ramseys or paid by the Ramseys will finally be brought into this case.

Where the heck did this come from?? Why did it appear on the recent posts?

It's nearly four years old!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gypsysoul11
Back