If your child was murdered

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Would you be thinking about what to wear to the press conference?

• Total voters
Appreciate your posts here. One item in regards to the R's which astounded me was that someone (JR or MB I suspect) phoned the H law firm to obtain legal help on the afternoon of the 26th, after JB's body was discovered. This is documented in Kolar's book, as the H law firm was on the phone to FW to get his interview on the afternoon of the 26th. Pretty fast lawyering up, I'd say. moo

Thanks. I appreciate everyone who has the courage to write down their convictions.
For me it's therapy....I have an insatiable need to debate, pontificate and speculate.

You're right. Even though it's their right to invoke their rights (that's a lot of "rights" :floorlaugh:), it just doesn't sit right (hee hee) that they 1) called a lawyer so soon and, 2) they either we're told or chose to invoke in the face of the crime involved. I'm old enough to know instinct, gut feelings, are usually correct. And that lawyering up makes my gut flipflop.

That is not what the coroner said. He said the body was ready for release. HE would know I think what needs to be done and when..

Ready for release from HIM. It's fairly common for further testing to be done outside of a coroner. Ever heard of Chris Benoit? AFTER he was buried, his family had a private doctor do a second autopsy. Maybe the coroner's feelings were hurt, and that's too damn bad.

yes. I know Chris Benoit well. Killed his family, his special needs child, his wife and himself.

And if people want to request another autopsy that is their right. No one is debating that.
This has nothing to do with that but with LE trying to see if a Coroner would do their diry work for them.

Where did you get the fact that the police wanted to hold the body for ransom? I first read it in PMPT (horrible that I read a book about this case.) But where else is it stated that the police wanted to ransom the body?

Where did you get the fact that the police wanted to hold the body for ransom? I first read it in PMPT (horrible that I read a book about this case.) But where else is it stated that the police wanted to ransom the body?

Right from The Dr himself when he was interviewed.
"Boulder police investigators asked the Boulder County coroner's office if it could withhold the body of 6-year-old JonBenet Ramsey from her family - even though forensic work was complete - to pressure them into submitting to a police interview, Coroner John Meyer confirmed Thursday."

http://web.dailycamera.com/extra/ramsey/1997/04/25-2.html

Some times there is no retrial because of lost witnesses but most times it is because the case falls apart. Because there is no case against these people.

There are cases that are brought 30 years later and prosecuted so time is not the main reason they are not retried. IT is obvious in the cases that either a jury found the person innocent, or that the appeals court released them because of a miscarriage of justice.

But that is just all opinion. It has to be case by case. There are I am sure people that are set free on appeal and immediately tried again. There are people that are never tried again.

I don't think it is possible for anyone to know exactly what made the Ramseys hesitant about talking to the police but I would suspect from the beginning it was on advice of counsel. And there is nothing wrong with that and it does not make a check in the guilty column.

Scarlett dear you need a lesson in the US justice system. No jury can ever find anyone "innocent"!! That's not an option! It's either "guilty" or "not guilty".

Scarlett dear you need a lesson in the US justice system. No jury can ever find anyone "innocent"!! That's not an option! It's either "guilty" or "not guilty".

Yes, Sorry I did not say Not guilty. I know that is very important to some people.

Yes, Sorry I did not say Not guilty. I know that is very important to some people.

To "some people"? Seriously? The whole justice system is based on it! You don't see any difference between innocent and not guilty? Never mind. :facepalm:

Recently, I've been thinking that if the R's did not stage the crime, and even admitted to LE that one of them had accidentally killed JonBenet, I don't think either of them would spend a day in jail either. Considering how much Hunter liked plea deals, I could definitely see it being filed away as a tragic accident, no investigation, etc. Look at the cases of Baby Alyssa, Juliette, and Evan. It's obvious who killed those children, yet the killers have spent little/no time in jail. There have been social media campaigns to try to get justice, but what if those cases happened 20 years ago?

Recently, I've been thinking that if the R's did not stage the crime, and even admitted to LE that one of them had accidentally killed JonBenet, I don't think either of them would spend a day in jail either. Considering how much Hunter liked plea deals, I could definitely see it being filed away as a tragic accident, no investigation, etc. Look at the cases of Baby Alyssa, Juliette, and Evan. It's obvious who killed those children, yet the killers have spent little/no time in jail. There have been social media campaigns to try to get justice, but what if those cases happened 20 years ago?

Could be, but it's a little hard to say you accidentally garroted your daughter. (Unless you're viewing the garroting as staging with them thinking she was already dead.)

https://bouldercolorado.gov/pages/april-23-1997-ramsey-update-41

Police were reluctant to release JonBenet’s body because they were not sure all the necessary forensic work had been completed nor had they had an opportunity to discuss the circumstances of JonBenet’s death with the parents. The body was released to the Ramseys within 24 hours of their request.

from the official page.so we can move on from the "ransom of the body" topic.

interesting

The second attempt to obtain an interview was in January. Police had identified the terms of a productive interview and the response from the Ramsey attorney’s, on less than a one-day’s notice, was that they would be willing to present John and Patricia Ramsey only under the following conditions:

That the interviews be done together.

That the interviews be conducted at the Ramsey’s attorney’s office.

That Patricia Ramsey’s doctor be present during the interview.

That the attorney’s would specify which Boulder Police Department Officers would conduct the interview. wtf,ridiculous!show me another case where suspects choose which officer interviews them geez!

That the interview with Patricia Ramsey would not be more than one hour.

These conditions were totally unacceptable to the Boulder Police Department.

The third effort to obtain interviews with the Ramseys has occurred over the last few weeks. In an effort to move the interview process forward, the Boulder Police agreed to consider deviating from their normal interview procedures. The last offer of conditions received by the Boulder Police Department from the Ramseys was reviewed with the FBI’s Child Abduction and Serial Killer Unit and based on their advice Police concluded that the conditions were unacceptable. As a result of this review, the times that had been scheduled for an interview were canceled because it was felt the interviews would not be productive.

The Boulder Police continue to request interviews with John and Patricia Ramsey, and their reluctance to provide witness information continues to hinder the Police investigation into the murder of their daughter.

Boulder Police remain willing to discuss conditions for a productive interview.

regardless of who did it IMO the lawyers felt that PR was the weakest link...she would have cracked under pressure IMO...which IMO means one of the following

-she helped covering it up
-she at least knew something
-she did it

and there goes one of my theories out the window....that JR did it all and she knew nothing

regardless of who did it IMO the lawyers felt that PR was the weakest link...she would have cracked under pressure IMO...which IMO means one of the following

-she helped covering it up
-she at least knew something
-she did it

and there goes one of my theories out the window....that JR did it all and she knew nothing

I think you're right with PR being the weakest link. One reason why they lawyered up quickly and wanted to get out of town.

I think you're right with PR being the weakest link. One reason why they lawyered up quickly and wanted to get out of town.

John Ramsey also immediately hired two attorneys: one for himself and one for Patsy (among additional lawyers for other family members). He was within in his rights to do so but it is an odd action for an innocent couple.

He, imo, didn't want a conflict of interest. We can only speculate about what that conflict might have been and why he felt such action was necessary.

John Ramsey immediately hired two attorneys: one for himself and one for Patsy (among additional lawyers for other family members). He was within in his rights to do so but it is an odd action for an innocent couple.

He, imo, didn't want a conflict of interest. We can only speculate about what that conflict might have been and why he felt such action was necessary.

No it isn't. People need representation. And If I recall it was suggested to him. Not something he did on his own.

https://bouldercolorado.gov/pages/april-23-1997-ramsey-update-41

Police were reluctant to release JonBenet’s body because they were not sure all the necessary forensic work had been completed nor had they had an opportunity to discuss the circumstances of JonBenet’s death with the parents. The body was released to the Ramseys within 24 hours of their request.

from the official page.so we can move on from the "ransom of the body" topic.

That is not what the coroner says and since he is the one who knows what happened, Ill take his word for it over theirs. I know how well they worked the case.

That the attorney’s would specify which Boulder Police Department Officers would conduct the interview.

this really really bothers me and it makes me think of what went on behind the scenes before the 98 interviews>>>how did LS end up interviewing JR ;)

you swear to God you didn't kill JB?
I swear to God!

GMAFB....sounds like a movie script to me NOT like a real police interview!

John Ramsey also immediately hired two attorneys: one for himself and one for Patsy (among additional lawyers for other family members). He was within in his rights to do so but it is an odd action for an innocent couple.

and IMO he wanted them to be interviewed TOGETHER because he was scared of what she might say or how she might react,wanted to control her like he always did when they went on television....

Maybe he just wanted to protect her and take care of her as the worst thing a parent could imagine had happened to her.

There are two sides to the coin. And The most likely one is the one less nefarious.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RMN0406
Back