IL IL - Chloe Russell, 2, walked away from her home, Canton, 18 Jul 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

imstilla.grandma

Believer of Miracles
Reaction score

Russell was last seen around 8:30 a.m. Thursday wearing light blue pajamas with dinosaurs on them.

In a 10:30 a.m. update, police asked people to stay out of the area as officers conduct a search because foot and road traffic will “make it harder for the K-9, drones and airplanes” to find the toddler. However, police also asked neighboring residents to thoroughly search their own property, focusing on their pools, sheds and garages. Neighbors are asked to keep their dogs and small children inside at this time.

Crews with WMBD-TV are currently at the scene and have seen officers searching the area.

Lots of houses and I guess lots of people out and about going to work and school in the morning. I don't think she went far, someone would have noticed an unaccompanied toddler I hope. Maybe playing hide and seek and got stuck somewhere?

Lots of houses and I guess lots of people out and about going to work and school in the morning. I don't think she went far, someone would have noticed an unaccompanied toddler I hope. Maybe playing hide and seek and got stuck somewhere?
yes and a few blocks away a very busy street with many businesses. Someone HAD to have seen her I would think. LE has asked everyone to check their properties. Hopefully folks are checking their ring cameras as well. they are also requesting people avoid the search area in an effort to reduce both foot and vehicular traffic which will aid their search efforts.

This one seems off. I hope I'm wrong. MOO.
I hate to agree but so did I. I just got a feeling and was hoping there was already a thread for her, but no, so I made one. I just want her found real real quick. She only had a thirty minute start on them so I really thought they'd find her quick but its so much later, now I am worried. It's when the child's name isn't given at first, my cynical mind thinks somebody doesn't want their name out there.

Police said Chloe Russell walked away from her residence in the 500 block of Custer Place. Additionally, officers advised area residents to check their property meticulously for the missing girl, as she may not have gotten far.

With K-9 units, drones, and airplanes searching the area, police asked those who do not live there to stay away.

According to police, Russell was last seen “a bit ago” wearing blue and white pajamas

She was last seen around 8:30 a.m

*8:30 and I looked at the clock and it said 9:02 when I posted. Now it was 'a bit ago' I thought it was prob gonna be one of those threads that the kid is found as soon as I type the first post.

The girl was last seen around 6:30 a.m. Thursday morning at her residence in the 500 block of Custer Place in Canton, police said.
*Well, very interesting. Now the time has changed to 6:30 a.m.

Last edited:
FBI is assisting, hopefully it’s just precautionary. Interesting that they’ve now gone back to 6:30 last seen. At least this outlet has.

The girl, Chloe Russell, was last seen around 6:30 a.m. Thursday morning at her residence in the 500 block of Custer Place in Canton, police said. She has dirty blonde hair, weighs approximately 25 pounds, and was wearing blue pajamas when she was last seen.

The FBI, Illinois State Police, Fulton County Sheriff's Department and Canton Fire Department are assisting in the search.

The NWS office issued the alert at 11:04 a.m. Central time on Thursday morning on behalf of the IEMA.

Ed Shimon, an NWS warning coordination meteorologist, told Newsweek that the local community emergency management system can send the alert out on its own but the NWS issued the alert at the IEMA's request on Thursday morning. He said civil emergency messages are most commonly issued for Amber Alerts. The last time the Lincoln, Illinois, NWS office issued such an alert was in 2023

According to a Facebook post, Canton Police are working alongside the FBI, Illinois State Police, the Fulton County Sheriff’s Office, the Canton Fire Department and other local police agencies in the search. Police have used drones, airplanes and K-9 units to search for the child.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one that lived it
Back