GUILTY IL - 5 Gee/Constant family members murdered in Beeson, 21 Sept 2009

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hi Ocean, I believe we both followed this case on another forum that no longer exists...along with Amanda.

The delays are frustrating and I thought we would see the trial by the end of this year, but with ALL the changes of lawyers, the death penalty decision and Logan Co now bearing all expenses, anything will not surprise me.

One thing I am not happy about is the cell phone and computer info not worthy of the "expense", as I feel there might have been evidence of communication between Justina and the perp/s specifically; BUT, any info gleaned may have been very pertinent...and now we will never know. How can they justify not spending monies on high tech information in this day of age...that may be crucial. It's a little hinky to me. :banghead: IMO

We gleaned alot over there....and drugs were in past of some of the players. IIRC, some only months after the crime itself.

I am sure we did discuss this case elsewhere. I have been very interested in this heartbreaking case from the minute it hit the media.

Yes, that nags at me too, hollyblue. I know many states are in dire straights financially and are trying to cut cost anyway they can but the phone communications would have been vital to the case, imo.

Maybe the State thinks they have more than enough evidence accumalated already to get a solid conviction.

In the 50 count indictment he is also charged with attempted rape of Justina, correct?

Nice to see you again.

IMO

Yes, Chris is specifically charged with trying to rape Justina.

For me, that opens a whole ugly scenario of questions I want to know about, like WHY? Chris was reconciled and back with Nicole.

Interesting that Chris will go to trial first. I bet they try to give Jason a deal to testify against his brother. Supposedly Chris was the killer and Jason was "just there" so why not testify and get less time if he didn't murder anyone. As it stands, they are both looking at LWOP.

I have been keeping the archive updated with every article on this case:
http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Gee - Constant Murders -IL-/

Yes, Chris is specifically charged with trying to rape Justina.

For me, that opens a whole ugly scenario of questions I want to know about, like WHY? Chris was reconciled and back with Nicole.

Interesting that Chris will go to trial first. I bet they try to give Jason a deal to testify against his brother. Supposedly Chris was the killer and Jason was "just there" so why not testify and get less time if he didn't murder anyone. As it stands, they are both looking at LWOP.

I have been keeping the archive updated with every article on this case:
http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Gee - Constant Murders -IL-/

They usually try the main culprit first. Like they did in the Christopher Barrios murder case.

It seems if Jason was going to turn state's evidence we would know that by now. It makes me think he may have done more than we think with helping Chris. I dont see the State agreeing to a plea. I also would be very surprised if Jason testifies against his brother.If ordered to do so, I think he will plead the fifth.

These crimes were way too heinous and I cant recall pleas being given in mass murder cases. Especially when the victims also involve innocent children.

Chris and Nicole always had a rocky relationship. On again........off again..on again. But that would not stop him from having his eye on Justina. If he was with Nicole again all that would do is give him more access to Justina.

I am sure the Gee family did not like Chris since they were having to support Nicole because Chris didnt. He moved in and out like the wind.

IMO

Relatives Want Home Returned To Them

LINCOLN — Relatives of a Beason family brutally killed almost three years ago have asked that the home where the crime took place be returned to them.

Chris Harris and his brother Jason Harris, both of Armington, face more than 50 counts of first-degree murder in the September 2009 deaths of Rick and Ruth Gee and three of their children. They also are charged with attempted murder in connection with injuries to a fourth child.

Chris Harris’ defense lawyer, Dan Fultz, said at a court hearing Friday that Rick Gee’s daughter Nicole Gee asked that the home in Beason be turned over to the family so that she and other family members can claim belongings that are important to them.

“Nicole was very close to her father. She wants to get keepsakes from the house,” Fultz said after the hearing.

http://www.pantagraph.com/news/loca...cle_18288078-cd16-11e1-841c-0019bb2963f4.html

Relatives Want Home Returned To Them

LINCOLN — Relatives of a Beason family brutally killed almost three years ago have asked that the home where the crime took place be returned to them.

Chris Harris and his brother Jason Harris, both of Armington, face more than 50 counts of first-degree murder in the September 2009 deaths of Rick and Ruth Gee and three of their children. They also are charged with attempted murder in connection with injuries to a fourth child.

Chris Harris’ defense lawyer, Dan Fultz, said at a court hearing Friday that Rick Gee’s daughter Nicole Gee asked that the home in Beason be turned over to the family so that she and other family members can claim belongings that are important to them.

“Nicole was very close to her father. She wants to get keepsakes from the house,” Fultz said after the hearing.

http://www.pantagraph.com/news/loca...cle_18288078-cd16-11e1-841c-0019bb2963f4.html

BBM Apparently not so close as to prevent her from having her father's murderer's attorney acting as her mouthpiece regarding the return of the home?? <selfsnip>

http://www.sj-r.com/top-stories/x1782330055/Man-charged-in-Beason-familys-deaths-claims-self-defense

LINCOLN &#8212;Attorneys for one of two Logan County brothers accused of killing five members of a Beason family will claim their client acted in self-defense.

So they broke in and Dillen attacked them because he played Mortal Kombat.....they had to defend themselves by murdering everyone?....seriously?

That means they are admitting Chris killed the whole family except the baby. He just thought he killed her.

I suppose she and the others may have watched Dillen play Mortal Kombat, so they may have been a danger to him too.

Couldn't you just SPIT!!! I am so mad.

I am shocked this whole COV thing hasn't come up already. Not that I feel this case warrants it. It seems almost SOP nowadays to claim intensive media coverage necessitates a move.

I am just so frustrated with waiting for this thing to actually come to trial FGS

As to the notion of self defense because Dillen played Mortal Combat - give me a freakin break. I would be more interested in what video games "made" Mr. Fultz's client Chris such a violent young man? <sarcasm here>

While we are at it what drugs were he and Jason on? Those to me seem much more relevant questions than whatever 14 year old Dillen was up to while in the peaceful enjoyment of his own damn home.

Sorry, that whole subpoena for Dillen's school records really burns me up.

WELLLLL....
Here we go with a defense theory. September 2009 to September 2012 and NOW the truth???????

All I can say is wtf.

http://www.pantagraph.com/news/loca...cle_d1df67e6-081e-11e2-b1d6-0019bb2963f4.html

Christopher Harris walked in on the bloody massacre of his former in-laws and two of their children and was forced to kill a third child &#8212; a teenage boy responsible for the killings &#8212; to save his own life, according to the lawyer defending Harris on murder charges.
Harris, who faces more than 50 murder charges along with his brother Jason Harris, stopped by the home of Rick and Ruth Gee on Sept. 21, 2009, to buy some marijuana and found 14-year-old Dillen Constant in the midst of a brutal killing spree, defense lawyer Dan Fultz argued Wednesday in Logan County court.
The details of the defense theory came during Fultz&#8217;s arguments in support of his efforts to obtain the medical, school, mental health and juvenile court records of Dillen Constant.

A thought... how will they explain the attempted rape of Justina? After Dillen killed the family and Chris killed Dillen in self defense... he decided to relieve himself... REALLY?

A thought... how will they explain the attempted rape of Justina? After Dillen killed the family and Chris killed Dillen in self defense... he decided to relieve himself... REALLY?

this is possibly one of the worse defence theories I have ever seen, to blame it all on a 14 year old boy, but if this is the defence Chris wishes to go with then his atty has to defend him as vigorously as he can using this theory,

I have no words that are printable here.

What scum Harris and his defense team are.

BrosDillen.jpg

Okay. I was in here earlier and had to leave because I could not post anything that was publishable or within TOS. So angry was I at the unmitigated gall of this defense. So outraged was I at this blatant and ridiculous attempt to shift blame to Dillen.

I have no words to describe how furious I am at this "defense."

So the jury will be asked to believe the following:

Chris and Jason went over to the Gees to score some weed (nothing like vilifying and criminalizing the Gee family right out of the gate, eh?)

They were shocked and terrified to find Dillen, in a fit of rage, murdering his family in the most heinous of manners.

In their shock and terror, they managed to overcome the violent teen and were forced to kill him, strangely in the exact same manner he had (allegedly) just killed his family.

Figuring everyone was pretty much dead in the house, rather than call 911 or run to a neighbor's to report this awful attack they had just uninterrupted, it seemed more prudent to steal what they could get their hands on.

As they made their exit, Chris Harris apparently tripped and fell into/onto the dead body of Justina (remember according to the Harris brain trust, Dillen had already killed her) and committed a sexual assault or attempted a sexual assault on her dead body, completely by accident of course.

Yeah, sounds pretty believable to me, not a bit far-fetched <HEAVY sarcasm>

I am truly disgusted. This was the best bullcarp they could come up with in THREE years?

I have no words that are printable here.

What scum Harris and his defense team are.

BrosDillen.jpg

his defence team are not scum, they work on behalf of there client, they can't pick and choose the defence, if Chris tells them he went to the house and saw the murders had already happened and he had to then kill in self defence then thats what they have to go on,

every defendant has the right to the best defence he/she can get, and every lawyer is ethically bound to give that best defence,

These clients would be better served by an attorney who advises them in the strongest possible terms to come to some plea arrangement rather than attempt to spin a defense out of faerie dust and and fantasy.

:cow:

This is ok. Infurating but ok cause it's beyond reason. No one will buy it. It's as ridiculous as it sounds. Let's get this trial going so we can be done w/ these two. Let them go into prison being known as gutless weasles. Imo. One of them will turn when they realize how hard they are gonna fall. Imo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RLP
Back