IL IL - 75 Women in Chicago Strangled / Who is the Chicago Strangler, Serial Killer?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Tricia

Manager Websleuths.com
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
75 Women in Chicago Strangled/Who is the Chicago Strangler?

This has to be the work of more than one serial killer right?

Take a look at the work done by Websleuths member Thomas Hargrove

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2017/11/27/the-serial-killer-detector

Murder Accountability Project: A look Chicago's recent unsolved female strangulations

Settle in with your favorite beverage and read all about the women strangled in Chicago.

Then let's discuss. What can we glean from these articles and other information about the perp?

This is a tough one my Websleuths friends but if anyone can help put it all together I'm confident it's YOU!

CHICAGO TRIBUNE:

75 women have been strangled or smothered in Chicago since 2001. Most of their killers got away.

CHICAGO READER:

Chicago's ‘clusters’ of unsolved strangling deaths near Washington Park and Garfield Park, and other news

A&E:
https://www.aetv.com/real-crime/is-there-a-serial-killer-in-chicago-right-now-strangling-women-and-burning-their-bodies

https://www.aetv.com/real-crime/good-luck-sleeping-tonight-serial-killers-plague-almost-all-cities

VICE NEWS VIDEO:

Is there a serial killer roaming the streets of Chicago?

VICE NEWS ARTICLE:

Wow.
What a great deal of work, having everything together.
With all the latest technologies etc, as with 'The East End Rapist', let us hope, there is an arrest.
Loads of reading, to catch up on, and most interesting.
Thank you.:)

Chicago PD will review the cases of 51 female homicide victims.

Chicago Sun-Times, April 11, 2019
CPD to probe whether serial killer at work in 51 unsolved murders of women

Facing pressure from activists over the unsolved killings of 51 women since 2001, the Chicago Police Department has begun to review those cases to determine if a serial killer was at work.

A report by the Murder Accountability Project, a Virginia-based nonprofit group that analyzes information about homicides, said the killings of the 51 women — all of whom were strangled or asphyxiated — “have characteristics of serial murder.”
(cont. at the link)

More details here:

Block Club Chicago, April 16, 2019
Serial Killer Task Force Offers Some Hope To Families Of Slain Chicago Women — But Others Ask, ‘What Took Them So Long?’

Vice News, April 12, 2019
Chicago police are finally investigating whether a serial killer murdered 51 women since 2001

Last edited:

Murder Accountability Project: A look Chicago's recent unsolved female strangulations

Settle in with your favorite beverage and read all about the women strangled in Chicago.

Then let's discuss. What can we glean from these articles and other information about the perp?

This is a tough one my Websleuths friends but if anyone can help put it all together I'm confident it's YOU!

CHICAGO TRIBUNE:

75 women have been strangled or smothered in Chicago since 2001. Most of their killers got away.

CHICAGO READER:

Chicago's ‘clusters’ of unsolved strangling deaths near Washington Park and Garfield Park, and other news

A&E:
https://www.aetv.com/real-crime/is-there-a-serial-killer-in-chicago-right-now-strangling-women-and-burning-their-bodies

https://www.aetv.com/real-crime/good-luck-sleeping-tonight-serial-killers-plague-almost-all-cities

VICE NEWS VIDEO:

VICE NEWS ARTICLE:

CHICAGO TRIBUNE:

CHICAGO READER:

A&E:

VICE NEWS VIDEO:

VICE NEWS ARTICLE:

One of the articles I just read

CHICAGO TRIBUNE:

CHICAGO READER:

A&E:

VICE NEWS VIDEO:

VICE NEWS ARTICLE:

RECENT UPDATE: Two victims who fit the criteria of the possible killer, where last seen with a man named: CHARLIE BOOKER

This is one of the articles with this new info:
Threatening Text Sent to Mother Whose Daughter Was Murdered

The police had already suspected these two cases were related. They now have a special task force investigating this huge amount of murderer women

Hello,

In recent years I have seen an uptick in the reports of missing persons and attempted kidnapping cases in Chicago. I’ve done a search here but I don’t see a forum dedicated to this information. I’m new here. If there is a forum here can you point me in the direction of it?

A lot of these missing persons cases seem connected.

For example, here in fall we had a 4-month pregnant women go missing in Chicago. Then, a couple of weeks ago we had a 9 month pregnant women go missing. Two missing pregnant women in less than 12 months? That’s extremely odd.

Kierra Coles
Chicago police narrow down persons of interest in disappearance of expectant mother Kierra Coles

Marlen Ochoa-Uriostegui
Police: Pregnant Woman Reported Missing in Little Village

It’s beyond that. There’s also this. Something is going on in Chicago and it’s beyond the standard gang and gun crime.

-H

Hello,

In recent years I have seen an uptick in the reports of missing persons and attempted kidnapping cases in Chicago. I’ve done a search here but I don’t see a forum dedicated to this information. I’m new here. If there is a forum here can you point me in the direction of it?

For example, here in fall we had a 4-month pregnant women go missing in Chicago. Then, a couple of weeks ago we had a 9 month pregnant women go missing. Two missing pregnant women in less than 12 months? That’s extremely odd.

Kierra Coles
Chicago police narrow down persons of interest in disappearance of expectant mother Kierra Coles

Marlen Ochoa-Uriostegui

It’s beyond that. There’s also this. Something is going on in Chicago and it’s beyond the standard gang and gun crime.

-H

We have threads on each of these women. You could bring up your concerns on the threads

IL - IL - Kierra Coles, 27, pregnant, Chicago, 2 Oct 2018

IL - IL - Marlen Ochoa-Uriostegui, 19, 9 months pregnant, Chicago, 24 Apr 2019

The serial killer forum is here if you want to start a thread:

Serial Killers

Hello,

Kierra Coles

Marlen Ochoa-Uriostegui

-H
Welcome to Ws HumboldtOz!
It does seem unusual to have several pregnant missing women, maybe something indeed is going down in Chicago, but I hope not.
Ws threads..
ETA oops, posted too slowly, oh well leaving it here anyway!

We have threads on each of these women. You could bring up your concerns on the threads

The serial killer forum is here if you want to start a thread:

Serial Killers

Thanks! I’ll start a thread on serial killers. There’s also been quite a few women found in the Chicago area in garbage cans, but there’s something about so many missing people in this city. Is there some place where I can start a thread of the number of missing people in Chicago? Or, I suppose I can just keep posting that here?

Thanks

Welcome to Ws HumboldtOz!
It does seem unusual to have several pregnant missing women, maybe something indeed is going down in Chicago, but I hope not.
Ws threads..
ETA oops, posted too slowly, oh well leaving it here anyway!

Hi!

Thank you! Yes, it’s something that’s been bothering me for the last few years. There’s a steady stream of cases of people going missing mysteriously in the city. In addition to that, there’s a lot of attempted kidnapping cases in Chicago. How many of these attempts actually turn to kidnappings, thus missing people, and the pieces are just not being connected?

There’s something odd going on around the city I feel.

-H

Hello,

I’m very new to Websleuths. Nice to meet you all!

I’ve been bothered recently by the growing list of missing people in the Chicago area. This is in addition to the increased reports of attempted kidnappings in Chicago and bodies that are found throughout the city.

There have been a few articles written and reports trying to connect these cases, but nothing has really moved.

It’s odd. I feel like something is going on, but little attention is focusing in on these patterns. However, it does seem like officers are finally open to reviewing similarities in some of these 50+ murders.

Has anyone here written about this? Thoughts? Ideas?

Also, one of the reports below is from Vice news posted on youtube. Is it OK to post Youtube links here?

Is There A Serial Killer On The Loose In Chicago? Dozens Of Similar Cases Unsolved

Chicago police are finally investigating whether a serial killer murdered 51 women since 2001

Thanks
-H

Hi,

Adding more information to this thread as I want to keep a running total somewhere of these strange cases.

These three cases were highlighted tonight on the news. Three missing women, 2 of which were pregnant when they went missing and likely should have had their children within that time.

Something very odd is going on in this city with missing people and the dead people located.

Families Working With Chicago Police To Locate 3 Missing Women, 2 Of Them Pregnant

-H

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceciliaesquivel2000@yahoo
Back