IL - Actor Jussie Smollett allegedly attacked in hate crime Jan 2019 #3 *SMOLLETT ARRESTED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I only noticed the show once, after he was arrested. I was channel surfing and glanced at it briefly. He has brought the show and himself a lot of negative attention. I do feel for the rest of the cast, cause like it or not, this reflects on everyone. Guilt by association might affect their ratings and NO ONE other than Smollet deserves blow back.

And that is IF he is found guilty. Seems like there's lots of evidence though, pointing AT him.

IF he did this, he's the most despicable person still alive. IMO
Well, Chis Watts has my vote for most despicable, but JS is coming in at a close second.

This has brought an enormous amount of bad press to the show and the entire Network. 20th Century FOX TV is owned by Disney and they do not play games or roll the dice with their reputation.

This was a despicable hate crime perpetrated against America and millions of people. Thankfully no innocent people have been hurt or worse and I pray nothing does happen.

It's no surprise people are distancing themselves from him. Personally I believe the book will be thrown at him from the State of Illinois and then of course the Federal rabbit trap awaits.

JMHO

Our sources say the brothers made a deal with Jussie to train him for 5 weeks so he could get in shape for an upcoming music video. Jussie had said to Ola that he wanted abs like his. Both Abel and Ola agreed to train Jussie, and also give him a 5-week nutrition plan.

We've also been told that Jussie knew the brothers were going to Nigeria for 2 weeks (if I remember correctly it was discussed via text) so theres no way (given that we know they're currently filming the penultimate episode of empire currently and the last in this series, next week and Jussie doesn't live in Chicago otherwise) that the brothers could have provided 5 weeks of training from the supposed start date we've been given. I don't think anyone would pay 700 a week for just nutrition advice at a distance.

TMZ

Tee Grizzley video, he has a lot of interesting information for Mr. Kelly and Mr. Smollett. He says that his crime, home invasion, was "okay" because he needed money. But their crimes were just bad, so no one is going to be nice to them. And basically, they are going to end up buying protection from every one. Jussie doesn't look too tough.

Mr. Grizzley's advice? Don't do crime.

The daily DM:

Chicago police were suspicious of Jussie Smollett from the very START | Daily Mail Online

New investigative details have revealed the clues that made Chicago cops suspicious of Jussie Smollett's story from the very start.

After three weeks of investigation, police publicly announced on Wednesday that they believed Smollett had hoaxed the attack that he claimed was perpetrated by white men shouting racist and anti-gay slurs.

But details released from the Cook County State's Attorney office show that even the first officers to respond to Smollett's report of an attack on January 29 had reason to be suspicious.

'Chicago Police Officers observed that Smollett had a rope draped around his neck,' Risa Lanier, a Cook County State's Attorney, wrote in the bond proffer.

'This was captured on police body worn camera. Seconds later, Smollett asked police to shut off the cameras,' she continued.

[...]

In his initial report of the attack, Smollett also perplexed investigators by refusing to turn over his cell phone to responding officers, who wanted to verify that he had been on the phone with his manager at the time of the attack.

The records he ultimately handed over were heavily redacted - which sources say allowed cops to zero in their investigation by focusing on the call records that he had deleted, by comparing them with records obtained through subpoena of his phone carrier.

[...]

Closing thread for a bit to clean up off-topic posts, political posts and to give thread bans to anyone who made these posts. If you find you are not allowed on this thread look in your alerts and you will see an explanation.

DO NOT BRING UP TRUMP, DEMOCRATS, REPUBLICANS, ALIENS FROM ANOTHER PLANET, PLEASE STAY ON TOPIC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member