IL IL - Alexis Scott, 20, Peoria, 23 Sept 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Search for Alexis Scott lands on 'Steve Wilkos Show'

............ "The mother of a Peoria woman who has been missing for almost 18 months appeared on the nationally syndicated “Steve Wilkos Show” on Wednesday in hopes of getting more answers.

The episode will not air until May, but April Scott and Dusti Moultrie, a former Peoria resident who now lives in Texas and runs a Facebook group dedicated to keeping Alexis’ name out there, hope the show will lead to answers on where Alexis Scott is. It was hard, said April Scott, her mother, to rehash the story again and even harder as the show invited a “person of interest” to be on stage with them" ..............

Alexis Scott's disappearance to be featured on national TV show

On Friday, several people will gather at a Downtown Peoria lounge to watch the nationally syndicated “Steve Wilkos Show” hoping to get answers about a Peoria woman who has been missing for more than 18 months.

The episode featuring April Scott, the mother of Alexis Scott, and Dusti Moultrie, the woman who runs a Facebook group dedicated to keeping Alexis’ name out there, will air at 8 a.m. Friday on the CW television network. The N9NE Culture Lounge, 633 Main St., has offered to open for a viewing party. There is a $5 fee, which the lounge says will go toward efforts to find the missing woman.

A person of interest was on the show with them and took a lie detector test, paid for by the show.

[...]

I just got done watching the Steve Wilkes show with Alexis' mom. (season 12 episode 97 )

That Leland guy was so very arrogant and unlikable.
However he took a lie detector test and was asked....

•Did you participate in anyway with Alexis' disappearance in Las Vegas?

•Did you participate in anyway way in Alexis disappearing from Peoria?

•Do you know for sure who was involved in either of Alexis disappearances

• Do you know where Alexis is now?

He answered NO to all of the questions and the lie detector determined .... he was telling the truth.

Alexis' mother didn't seem to believe the results. You could see her pain. :(

Article from September 20th 2019

Two years later, Alexis Scott is still missing and presumed dead

Over the summer, TJ’s toy fire truck didn’t work for a while. The batteries had worn down or something was wrong. But one day, the truck just started working. April Allen was kind of startled — but not TJ. “He said, ‘Oh, Grandma, don’t worry. Mommy did that. She’s a ghost now.’

I was floored. I had to walk away and go cry,” said Allen, who this week is marking somber day, the two-year anniversary of when TJ’s mother, Alexis Scott, went missing.

[...]

"I have to be truthful as I have been from the very beginning,” Allen said, her voice breaking. “Everything that the police have, and the information that we have turned over, and the information that the police have, it’s always been that she is deceased.”

That statement, as hard as it is for Allen say, is not surrendering. She’s just as determined to bring her daughter home or, at least, to bring the people she thinks are the killers to justice.

[...]

"It hurts like hell. She’ll never have that chance to carry on a normal life,” Allen said. “Some of us get a chance to make mistakes and move on to other things, but that’s not the case here. She didn’t get her chance to live her life.”

But Allen’s an optimist and hopes something good will come from this. She hopes by posting on social media and keeping her daughter’s name out there that people will remember and help others.

“We have an obligation to look for each other,” she said. “When people don’t speak up, then it doesn’t help the community. No matter what color a person is or what is going on, if someone is in dire need of help, or if they have a rally or a march, then we, the community, should be willing to set aside our own things and do what we can for the community.”

This article is a wonderful (and sad) reference. So many faces and names that I havn't seen or heard of before. (off to find and add many more WS threads to my watch thread list now o_O)

Here's Alexis' part from the article.

alexis_scott_3ba8b58007f7aac382e2a10da456d7a7.fit-560w.png

Alexis Scott was at a party in her hometown of Peoria, Illinois on the night of Friday, September 22, 2017, when she vanished. Partygoers confirmed to police that Alexis was at the party, but nobody knows exactly when she left or if she left with anyone. The 20-year-old was reported missing five days later by her mother, April Allen. April told Dateline her worries grew when she realized her daughter hadn’t posted anything on social media, which she usually did daily. There have been no named suspects or persons of interest in the case. The family, along with community members, runs the Alexis Camry Scott Facebook page to gather tips and organize meetings. If Alexis’s disappearance is felonious, Crime Stoppers is offering a $2,500 reward for information that leads to the arrest and indictment of any suspect. If you have any information regarding Alexis Scott’s disappearance, please call the Peoria Police Department at 309-673-4521 or Crime Stoppers anonymously at (309) 673-9000.

This case has been keeping me up at night! I have so so many unanswered questions and I also don’t realize why the other people involved haven’t been exposed more! If you look at the case of Kenneka Jenkins, everybody knew all of the people involved that were at the party. That information was made public in the very beginning! Why don’t we know more about the people who were the last to see her!? Why haven’t they told the public exactly who was burning the mattress from that house?? Etc. Why was Leland the only person to be given a lie detector test and asked to appear on the Steve Wilkos show? My heart seriously goes out to her mother and I can’t imagine how frustrated and heartbroken she must be dealing with all of this!

This was shared by the official FB group and includes an interview with Alexis's mother April. Lots of new information that I hadn't heard before.

DEC 20, 2019
Alexis Scott story to appear on Investigation Discovery channel
For the second time this year, the story of Alexis Scott will be spread across the nation via television.

And this time, April Allen Scott, Alexis’ mother, hopes the exposure on the Investigation Discovery channel will loosen some lips or cause some to think more about her daughter, Alexis, who vanished more than two years ago.

Scott was interviewed by the show’s producers Friday afternoon. The day before, the producers of “The Missing” talked to members of the Peoria Police Department who have been working the case since the fall of 2017, when Alexis was last seen.

The show will air in February, less than a year after April Allen Scott and Dusti Moultrie, the woman who runs a Facebook group dedicated to keeping Alexis’ name out there, aired on the nationally syndicated “Steve Wilkos Show”

[...]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seekercase
Back